Hello Guest September 29, 2024, 07:33:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bugs  (Read 2779 times)

Buff3r

Bugs
« on: February 04, 2011, 15:35:33 »

Hi all.

Just a couple of things i wanna talk about Ship Sim Extremes.

First of I got MY game from GAME a steam verison..

Second The game is good.

Third. Well there are a few bug that need to be sorted:

1) Speed in mutiplayer on server. I was playing with someone i was going 22.*kts and they were going 15*kts and they were going faster then me.

2) Mutilplayer map.. Sometimes when i join server pick ship etc and start point.. Most the time i see 3/4 names of someone on the map.

3) Can you sort the sound of the horn in the game so if someone does there horn you can hear it?

4) When loading game for mutiplayer game often crashes.

5) When spawning somewhere when loaded someone else is there and has crashed in to and health has gone down so you have to restart.

6) Slow loading at times

7) More servers with lower pings would be nice + more maps

8) Loading times for maps like dover are 3 times as long as other maps like rotterdam

9) Lack of support from vstep and others for bugs.

10) Flying ships when using speed boats or fast boats.

11) Tow lines not connecting where you want them.

12) Ships appear to sink for other players even though they are in fact 100% health and sailing strong.

13) Speeds and size information when you choose a ship is wrong.

14) When ever sherpa around is around it makes mutiplayer laggie. Also makes game crash.

15) Trying to join server saying you need newer version even tho its upto date? (Problem sorted Thanks to reck)
All was done was adding missing registy entires.

16) When respawning (if got net cut off or game crashed) last ship you used was still there (ghost ship)

17) Map going out of sync, Where ship/boats are, And players name

More to be added soon.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 00:40:08 by Buff3r »

Bob360

• Forum member
Re: Bugs
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 15:48:20 »

3) Can you sort the sound of the horn in the game so if someone does there horn you can hear it?
Thanks
This takes just a little sound tweaking in the game menu, but yes, even still some of the ships/boats, the horn is barely audible, but for the most part the majority of the ships can be heard.

10) Only happens to me in rough waters at high speeds.

11) Never experienced that. Make sure your zoomed in a little closer, and have the tow icon high-lighted.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 15:55:10 by Bob360 »
Simulations are a way of life... or is it?

Windows7 Ultimate 64Bit
Intel i5 2 core, Quad. 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram
GeForce GT 430. NVidia GeForce GT 430 Driver Up-to-date
Sound Blaster X-Fi. DirectX 11
23" Asus Monitor 1920x1080 Resolution
3 1TB Hard-drives (2 internal, 1 external).

Buff3r

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 15:50:38 »

This takes just a little sound tweaking in the game menu, but yes, even still some of the ships/boats, the horn is barely audible, but for the most part the majority of the ships can be heard.

How can this be done?

Bob360

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 15:59:04 »

How can this be done?
Go to the options menu, then sound. I forgot exactly how I have it, but the next time I’m playing, I’ll take note as to how it’s configured to where I like it. I think the engine sound was the one that needed tweaking. I’m away from my gaming at this time.

EDIT:
OK, I checked. My sound configuration is set to “Engine Sound“ mid-range. All others are at max. This works for me. I have Sound Blaster X-Fi. I’m not sure that matters much. I hope this works for you. :captain:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 22:41:06 by Bob360 »

Windows7 Ultimate 64Bit

Buff3r

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 02:18:47 »

Go to the options menu, then sound. I forgot exactly how I have it, but the next time I’m playing, I’ll take note as to how it’s configured to where I like it. I think the engine sound was the one that needed tweaking. I’m away from my gaming at this time.

EDIT:
OK, I checked. My sound configuration is set to “Engine Sound“ mid-range. All others are at max. This works for me. I have Sound Blaster X-Fi. I’m not sure that matters much. I hope this works for you. :captain:

Ok ive tryed this and still cant hear the horns.

reck

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 03:16:50 »

not sure if this is a bug or what.

see screenshot

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 09:19:56 »

@Reck:

not sure if this is a bug or what.

see screenshot

It can be a server which runs on a beta version of the 1.4-patch. That this server is for testing purposes only.

reck

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 15:33:13 »

@Reck:

It can be a server which runs on a beta version of the 1.4-patch. That this server is for testing purposes only.

ok thanks

reck

Bob360

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 22:04:24 »

Ok ive tryed this and still cant hear the horns.
Is this all your ships, or just some of them? There are only a few ships that I have this problem with. Try a few in free-roam, and let me know. The Orient Star is one that I hear real well, along with the tug boats. The Coast Guard Cutter is a little low, but doable. The little speed boats are really loud.:o

Windows7 Ultimate 64Bit

Buff3r

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 00:38:49 »

I just had a strange problem.. I formatted my computer put dvd in to install game.. it install steam but didnt install game from dvd it downloaded it.. but it steam gave me a new key even tho i got a offical  key in my case with dvd :/

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 01:38:15 »

Thats normal, don't worry about it - just register both keys here

TFMs Guide to Crossing the Dover Channel (http://forum.shipsim.com/index.php/topic,21107.0.html)

Buff3r

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 01:39:54 »

OK thanks for info!

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 19:19:00 »

Is this all your ships, or just some of them? There are only a few ships that I have this problem with. Try a few in free-roam, and let me know. The Orient Star is one that I hear real well, along with the tug boats. The Coast Guard Cutter is a little low, but doable. The little speed boats are really loud.:o

As most of his list concerned multiplayer mode, I'm guessing he means that he cant hear other peoples hornes whilst playing on a server.

HTH
We're all buddies in boats
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines