Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 10:30:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are the bollards?  (Read 3955 times)

flyingspikes

• Forum member
Where are the bollards?
« on: January 25, 2011, 06:04:24 »

Hey Team,

Question: Where do all the bollards seem to be in free roam? Ive gone all around Sydney in the free roam mode but cant seem to find anything, even in Circular Quay (the largest ferry terminal in Sydney)...is it just me or have I missed all one hundred?..Have already updated to the latest version and everything else in the new version seems to be there...

Cheers.

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
Re: Where are the bollards?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 06:55:28 »

I also can't find them in Rotterdam, or have I also missed something here?  ???
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

Mslb_Eemshoorn

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 13:39:04 »

I have that problem also its very annoying :( you can`t moor anywere, for a realistic game you need bollards so that you can moor.
Example when you are sailing with the Fairmount Sherpa, the only thing you can do to stay a little bit on one place is throw the anchor, thats not realistic. :thumbdown:

Eemshoorn

Bob360

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 15:26:38 »

Guys,

In free roam there are no ballards. Free roam, is just what it sounds like, ROAMING. I guess the Devs did this by design, so that you can see all the scenery in the ports. You can’t do that moored to the pier. If you want to practice your mooring skills, then do one of the training missions, or create one if your one those that like to create missions.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 15:36:15 by Bob360 »
Simulations are a way of life... or is it?

Windows7 Ultimate 64Bit
Intel i5 2 core, Quad. 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram
GeForce GT 430. NVidia GeForce GT 430 Driver Up-to-date
Sound Blaster X-Fi. DirectX 11
23" Asus Monitor 1920x1080 Resolution
3 1TB Hard-drives (2 internal, 1 external).

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 16:01:42 »

In SS08 there are bollards in Free Roaming.  Not that many, but still.. ;)
I think there ought to be lots of bollards in FR, especially at popular docking spots (such as container terminals etc)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 16:26:48 by saltydog »

Bob360

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 16:24:59 »

Yes, you could also leave the map at the end one, and continue on to another map in SS-08. It’s like I said though, I think they did this by design. Who knows why? I would like to see both of these features back. Sometimes Devs create a new version of games, and take out the really cool stuff that made the previous version so good.

As players of the game we should be asked (or have a thread dedicated) what we like, and dislike the most in a particular game, and how it can be improved. Then the Devs should gather this information, sort it out, and respond to the most popular ones. !:)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 16:26:55 by Bob360 »

Windows7 Ultimate 64Bit

flyingspikes

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 06:11:26 »

Yeah - what I am confused about is the "100 bollards in every freeroaming port" that was put in the updates 1.3 features video- - - they dont seem to actually be there in the sim.

Bob360

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 10:59:50 »

Here’s the video that Flyingspikes referred to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOhl7sx51CI

It does mention the 100 ballards in free roam, but I have not seen them except for missions, and campaigns. Not that I use them in free roam, because I like to travel around, but Flyingspikes does raise a valid point.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:03:50 by Bob360 »

Windows7 Ultimate 64Bit

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 12:36:54 »

In a couple of minutes I found 13 bollards on Goat Island, Sydney. See photos below. It was a pretty easy task, so if I can find so many in one area there are obviously a lot more to be found too..
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:38:53 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Bob360

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 13:02:44 »

I’m not saying they don’t exist. I never really looked for them. I’ve seen a few, but others state that there are none, or not a many as indicated in the video ad.

Windows7 Ultimate 64Bit

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 13:29:40 »

There are bollards at the Beneluxhaven and the North bank of the Maas east of Berghaven as well as the ferry berths on that riverside. I see none in Europoort though. I feel certain if I were to look hard enough up river in Rotterdam proper I would find some there.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

heligoland74

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 17:53:50 »

First of all I have to thank that someone opened this threat.
And its great that someone did found some bollards in Sydney (I´ve been searching for 2 days; Goat Island :doh:).
But its not enough. The Ferry Terminal has none and neither anywhere else. And with Rotterdam the same. Looking for days.
In the Solent area I couldn´t find any neither. And where are any Bollards in Frisco, did anyone find a single one, or am I just blind.
In Hamburg there are a couple, and pretty easy to find. It would be nice to have some at Landungsbrücken (Large Ferry Terminal in St.Pauli).New York is fine and so is Padstow and Bora Bora.
I guess there are 100 Bollard all together.
Yes and I did like the features in SS08 very much too (Ignition and so on).
And a harbour without bollards is like an ocean without water.
Excuse my weird english, it used to be much better.

Sunseekeringo

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 09:15:26 »

Guys, it can´t be the purpose that we all post here the bollards we found (btw, I haven´t found any one yet but it is no looking for easter eggs and I don´t want to sail until I have found some)...if this is necessary, it is really disappointing and embarassing of VSTEP.

cheers
Ingo

mvsmith

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 15:44:48 »

Some of the confusion over bollards is because people are looking at different builds—the 1.3 release, and recent Betas. The 1.3 D-C free roam has the advertised 100 bollards, Rotterdam has none.
Sailing around a complex environment searching for bollards is doing it the hard way. The better way is to open the free roam in the mission editor, where you can see a list of all bollards and click them to see their locations.

Adding 100 bollards to an environment it not a trivial task. They are not an inert 3D object like a fire hydrant that one can place with a single mouse click. Each is an active entity that carries a memory cost beyond that of its static 3D object.
The Mission Editor Notes explain the steps necessary to add a bollard to the environment.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 15:55:34 by mvsmith »

mvsmith

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 00:12:29 »

This is for folks who are looking for mooring bollards in free roam:

The easiest way to find them is to load the free roam environment into the mission editor.
You can then see a list of all bollards, and locate them in the environment.
First you need to find the files for the free roam:
Right-click the shortcut icon that starts SSE and then select Properties. Then click the Open File Location button. You are now in the root installation folder for SSE.
Open this folder chain: Projects > ShipSimExtremes > Data > Environments.
You now see the folders for all of the environments. In each one you will find a FreeRoam.xml file and a FreeRoam.EN file. Those two files must be copied into your custom missions folder so that you can open them in the mission editor.
If you have not used the mission editor, you can download the Mission Editor Notes from :
this topic

After you open the FreeRoam.xml file in the editor and select the EN language you will see three panels on the right side of the screen titled Entity creation, Entities in mission, and Environments.
You should see the particular environment for that FreeRoam in the Environments panel.

If the Entities in mission panel is empty, you did not give the editor or the mission sufficient time to fully load—as explained in the Notes.

The Entities in mission panel should list all of the bollards under Static. It also lists any AI ships under AI.

If you want to see the locations of bollards, you need to first load the environment: Double-click the name of the environment in the Environments panel. Then click the eyeball on the toolbar above it.
It will take a while for the environment to fully load. Be patient.

To find the location of a bollard, click to highlight it in the list. The gizmo will be placed on it. To center the view on the gizmo, click the eyeball on the toolbar above the list and then move the mouse pointer into the environment. When you do that, the gizmo will be centered in the viewport. You can zoom in on the bollard with the mouse wheel.

If you want to add more bollards—or anything else such as barges to push with Atlas, the Notes will tell you how to do it. Do not make any change to the mission properties.
You will need to copy the two mission files—FreeRoam.xml & FreeRoam.EN—back where you got them.

If you were just looking at the files, you can delete them from you custom missions or copy the files from another environment over them.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 18:11:51 by LucAtC »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines