Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 05:08:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Toggle Traffic  (Read 1781 times)

Azipod

• Forum member
Toggle Traffic
« on: January 17, 2011, 23:40:08 »

I see a "Toggle Traffic" selection when setting up free-roaming.

How do I make use of it?  And which button is it to toggle traffic?  I'm tryign to increase the amount of traffic in my environment.

Thanks.

matt5674

Re: Toggle Traffic
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 04:02:09 »

That button is to toggle the AI traffic on or off like for example, set as default, AI ships are on in Atlantic and appear many in environment around your ship. unchecking the box and you can have an environment empty for only your ship.

freeciv

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 04:05:10 »

All you can do is turn the traffic function "on" or "off". You can't (to my knowledge) change the amount of traffic.
Gone fishing            Thanks pdpx7 for the great sig!

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 08:36:16 »

All you can do is turn the traffic function "on" or "off". You can't (to my knowledge) change the amount of traffic.

If you really want less traffic in free roam in D-C or the Atlantic you could open those “missions” and change the AI in your personal copy.

freeciv

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 19:53:38 »

If anything I want to increase the traffic!

If you really want less traffic in free roam in D-C or the Atlantic you could open those “missions” and change the AI in your personal copy.
You say could like doing so is a bad thing...
Gone fishing            Thanks pdpx7 for the great sig!

mvsmith

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 14:31:10 »

If anything I want to increase the traffic!
You say could like doing so is a bad thing...

It’s only a bad thing if you screw it up. You should make a backup copy of the two files first.
I would also advise you to save and run the modified free roam as one of your custom missions instead of putting it back to replace the original free roam environment.
You should remember that you are entitled to make such modifications to the game only for your own use, and that you are not entitled to support from VSTEP if you mess it up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines