Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 10:30:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recently bought 2006  (Read 7912 times)

TerryRussell

Recently bought 2006
« on: September 12, 2007, 22:07:40 »

Hi.

I recently bought Ship Sim 2006. I love it. Will go and get 2008 version.

One thing which made me laugh out loud: when I use the mouse scroll wheel and go into the wheel house, there are various voices on the ship's radio. They all seem to be from the waters here on the Solent, which is few hundred yards from my house. In fact, I recognised some of the people speaking, especially some of the ones from the Portsmouth Harbour & Fareham areas! (I own a couple of boats which I keep at Chichester).

Wonderful! I will play those voices to the jolly tars concerned. They will love being so famous.

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
Re: Recently bought 2006
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 22:16:20 »

Greetings,
The 2006 version was realy a very good start,on this new game,you will enjoy it.
The 2008 version is allready better,but need some improvements,but that will be fixed also.
The graphics in the 2008 version is of a very good quality,the same for the vessels.
Hope you buy this version in future times to.
Regards
Marc
N

TerryRussell

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 23:24:45 »

Hi Marc.

Thanks for the kind greeting. Will buy 2008 version as soon!

I am out on my real boat tomorrow, as the weather here is excellent. Sea is like glass. Going Chichester to Fawley (Southampton Water), then round to Brighton and back to Chichester. Will play the "voices" from Ship Simulator 2006 to the Queens Harbour Master (QMH) in Portsmouth, as his voice is one of them. He'll be so proud, I think.

Then back to the simulator in the evening.

Have fun.

michal

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 16:53:14 »

I ave bought this game today but I can't play it:( I don''t have a CD-key and it doesn't stand on the cd-box. Could anyone help me?

Michal

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 18:58:14 »

I ave bought this game today but I can't play it:( I don''t have a CD-key and it doesn't stand on the cd-box. Could anyone help me?

Michal

Hiya Michal :)

Where did you buy your game from?

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

michal

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 19:10:55 »

Hi DJM,

I have bought it in Bart Smit - toy shop in Netherland. Could you help me? I have called the shop, they said that the code should stand on the cd-box but it doesn't. ???

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 19:16:51 »

Hiya again Michal :)

Thanks for the updated information.  When you purchase a game, the retailer is obliged to make certain that the game is as it was supplied to them by the manufacturers.  They are also 'legally' obliged to provide a replacement of your game because it's been sold 'faulty'.

I would take the game back to the shop 'in-person' and state that they should replace it for you :)

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

frostyedit

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 21:53:20 »

Michal

Photograph (or scan) the reciept from the shop and send this with your story to the the web site "Contact us" form http://www.shipsim.com/support/contact+us.php

This happened to me and this is what they asked me to do. 2 emails later they sent me a code via email. They where very quick (well done them for excellent support).

Cheers

Stevo (frostyedit) 8)

Fred 12

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 01:44:53 »

This is a stupid question but what's the diffrence between ship sim and ship sim 2006?

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 08:58:19 »

This is a stupid question but what's the diffrence between ship sim and ship sim 2006?

Ship Sim is a generic name and could apply to either version of the game.  Whereas Ship Sim 2006 is specific to that game ;)

Regards.

DJM.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 09:02:26 »

Hi Fred12

If what you refer to as shipsim is shipsim 2008 then shipsim 2006 is it's predecessor.

You can read all about them on the Shipsim website
You can compare the features there and see for yourself. SS2008 is more advanced, has more features and content etc.

Regards,
Fred

Fred 12

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 03:04:29 »

Thanks DJM how do you know so much about the game?

Fred 12

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 03:05:52 »

Thanks Mad _Fred ;D

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 08:22:57 »

Thanks DJM how do you know so much about the game?

You're welcome :)

I don't really know that much, it's the same as anyone I guess, you pick it up as you go ;)

Regards.

DJM.

Titanicboss

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2008, 17:56:02 »

Hi

I Have recently Bought Ship similator 2006 this week for a bargain from this game shop in burton i am well impressed with my purchase as i absoltly love the game. I bought the game for £1 in the bargain section of the shop came across it by accident and i snach the offer staright away lol

so far i have crashed into an ireland and capsized the titanic by accident as the chart thing tryed taking me into land. Aswell i got hit by anouther big cargo ship when i was doing the first patrol misison and *** **** i love this game!!! i hardly play games and i cant stop playing this on elol

* Edited for language * - Mad_Fred
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 18:56:58 by Mad_Fred »
The Owner of Famous Liners Online
www.famouslinersonline.com

TerryRussell

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 18:02:05 »

Hi Titanicboss.

Welcome to ShipSim. The 2006 version is an excellent game!

Most of the activity is now with the 2008 version. I found it well worth the money to install that. Even better than the 2006. There are new environments, new ships and a Mission Creator program. And not a bad price.

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 18:13:34 »

Welcome to the forum to,
2006-version was the start of this game,now 1 1/2 years ago.The succes of the game has grown,so that the 2008-version is on the market,for(like said)above,a very good price.
The dinamics of this game in general are alot more better,new ships,enviroments,waves.
This can maybe helpfull,go and have a look at "youtube",many members have made movies,and slideshows of the game,you get an inpression.
Maybe you will get outside to get that 2008-version.
Regards
Marc
N

Titanicboss

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2008, 19:55:54 »

I am proud of my 2006 version lol. I will get the 2008 version soon i just at the moment dont have alot of money as been a full time student and running The National Titanic Research Group aswell.

But thanks and i have tryed the 2008 demo version and i found it really good lol. I will get it some point lol anyway many thanks and i am glad to be welcome aboard the forum

TerryRussell

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2008, 20:00:47 »

Don't worry. You can play the 2006 for a long time before you've done all the missions even once. And they are worth doing over and over again.

Titanicboss

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2008, 21:42:23 »

I love ship similator 2006 it may be now outdated by a fair more advanced game but i like to go with the flow finsh 2006 and then save up and buy 2008.

I never expected to get so far deeply attached to a game as nomaly i get bored with in minutes of starting but this has kept me going and going, i like to say to the people who created the game an absoltly fantastic game.

i will get 2008 when i can hopefully in a few months time

thanks everyone

NathanC

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008, 19:47:11 »

TerryRussell, did you play the radio voices?

TerryRussell

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2008, 20:17:22 »

In every pub in the area! Here in Selsey, my "Local" is a fisherman's pub. We have a number of full-time fisherman here. They think it's wonderful and want me to record some of their conversations for inclusion in ShipSim.

Haven't met QHM yet, but have met others in the "voices" (Mark R - a local fisherman - and others)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines