Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 22:17:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating New Missions  (Read 6046 times)

Hesperus

• Forum member
Creating New Missions
« on: May 15, 2007, 13:16:30 »

I bought the downloadable version of Shipsim 2006.
I read that I can download the instructions/help for creating new missions, but cannot find it in the download section.
Some of the things are common sense, but I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction so I can understand some of the finer points.

Can I get a line on a ship from the tug ?? how ?

Hesperus

• Forum member
Re: Creating New Missions
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 11:49:34 »

In the absence of any response, I've managed to get a line on between ship and tug.
I like to have a stern line attached to a single screw ship from the bollard of the tug (i.e. back of ship to back of tug).
I don't seem to be able to effect this and the set up window talks about front and backs of ships, but doesn't seem to allow for back of tug to back of ship ???

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 13:36:40 »

First of all, within the actual game you can only connect vessels for towing jobs when you are in the mission editor mode. In game its not possible until now, but it will be a new feature for SS08.

The editor asks you, which vessel should be the towing one and which should be the towed. So its a little bit funny, if you want to bring two tugs into the game, one at the front and the other aft, you have to choose the following: bow tug tows vessel (for example the container freighter CV) with one rope; than you have to choose CV tows tug at the stern. Weird, uuhhhhhhh? Last but not least, the stern tug will be attached with the rope at his stern, so its better to turn him backwards right within the editor mode. The Russian tug from the Add-On could tow with its bow winch as well, but this is not very realistic with this type of tug at all.

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 11:23:38 »

Tutorials are in the main folder where you installed the game.

1. Start
2. All programs
3. Ship Simulator 2006
4. Tutorials

Hope it helps! ;D

Wonko_The_Sane

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 22:04:17 »

Unfortunately, the two tutorials only give a vague overview of the features of playing and editing.  The "help" file doesn't even mention setting up tow lines!  :'(

Is there no way to connect the lines mid-game?  What would be the feasibility of putting a mooring icon on the ship to be towed?

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 13:57:27 »

Hi Wonko_The_Same,

you have to wait until the new game comes out! There are the required mooring icons and all that stuff you are asking for.

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Wout

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 00:20:40 »

I'm afraid Bottman is right, those options will be introduced in the 2008 version of the shipsim. For more information about this new version, take a look at www.shipsim2008.com.

Greetings,
Wout
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines