Hello Guest April 24, 2024, 15:42:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mission Editor Where is the manual?  (Read 4934 times)

agekiel

• Forum member
Mission Editor Where is the manual?
« on: January 07, 2011, 15:10:26 »

Hallo,
I loaded the update over Steam and he shows me the old version number 1.2.2 but everything works fine.
Just one important thing, there is no manual for the mission editor, not in the windows startmenue, not in the game files, nowhere.
Its hard to work with the editor without a manual, the videos are not enough. So please help me, thank you :thumbs:

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
Re: Mission Editor Where is the manual?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 15:24:01 »

Hi Agekiel,

mvsmith, a very senior Moderator has posted a 40+ page manual (written by Maykel Boes) for the Mission Editor for SSE.

Please follow this post and you will find it as a PDF attachment.

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,19793.msg271062.html#msg271062

Regards
vin_sun
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 15:25:38 by vin_sun »
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

TJK

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 15:25:13 »

HI agekiel
you will find the manual under the start buton/winflag all programs and Ship Simulator Extremes and their you have a icon to a pdf file with the name Mission Editor Guide
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 15:27:12 by TJK »

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 15:29:39 »

Hi Tore,

I think what you have recommended is a superior version of what I mentioned in my post above. Thanks.

All those reading my above post please follow what TJK has suggested.

Regards
vin-sun

agekiel

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 15:36:48 »

Thank you very much guys,
I have dowloaded the manual now,
and tjk, there is no shipsim extremes or a pdf entry in my start menue, i have a  steam folder and in this folder
is the extremes app. and the Steam app. and not more. I dont know why. But now i have the manual ande the game works great, everything is fine, thanks again for your fast help ;)

mvsmith

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 16:16:41 »

Just by way of clarification: The Mission Editor Guide referred to by TJK—which should be included in the 1.3 download—is by Maykel Boes of VSTEP. It gives a very good description of the basic capabilities of the editor.

The Mission Editor Notes referred to by vin_sun are user-written to provide amplification of Maykel’s guide and a step-by-step tutorial on the basic procedures.
The notes will be revised frequently to reflect changes in the editor and to provide further clarification based upon user’s questions.

If you find anything confusing or wrong in the notes, please post on the SSE > Missions board.
The bold blue topics on that board give guidance in asking questions and searching for answers.

Regards,
Marty

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 21:04:03 »

and tjk, there is no shipsim extremes or a pdf entry in my start menue, i have a  steam folder and in this folder
is the extremes app. and the Steam app. and not more. I dont know why.

Hi Agekiel,

This is just for your information. As I am not a user of the Steam version of SSE, I suppose SSE will appear in a different manner in Start --> All Programs.

As I have the DVD version it appears as shown below in Start ----> All Programs

Regards
vin_sun
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines