Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 22:46:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Dear friend pls inform if are you satisfied or not with the result achieved so far with the SSE

Yes full Satisfied
- 10 (11.8%)
Partially Satisfied
- 23 (27.1%)
I'm fully Dissatisfied
- 32 (37.6%)
I'm partially Dissatisfied
- 18 (21.2%)
Dont know
- 2 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you full satisfied with the SSE ?  (Read 5734 times)

Tavares Junior

• Forum member
Are you full satisfied with the SSE ?
« on: December 31, 2010, 11:18:08 »

Dear Colleagues,
 The idea of this poll is just to know better about all the opnions of the SSE as well believe VSTEP have an objective view of our satisfaction.

What I ask is that every vote honestly and not just on impulse.
Tavares Jr
** Open Sea - Radar observer - SMCP - GPS / Chart Plotters / Certifyed yatch Master

TJK

Re: Are you full satisfied with the SSE ?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 11:36:43 »

Hi Tavares
Why not wait to the 1.3 patch are out before you ask this question then i think you will get  a more realistic answer of it.

Tore

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 12:28:42 »

I agree, wait until Patch 1.3 comes. After looking at the notes it looks like there are some big improvments on the way so a bit unfair to judge until then. :)

Tavares Junior

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 19:47:10 »

Good mention Tore  ;)

Lets check out since from the begining and not patch by patch. ;D

have a nice week and Happy New Year with all the best to you :2thumbs:
Tavares Jr
** Open Sea - Radar observer - SMCP - GPS / Chart Plotters / Certifyed yatch Master

Bob360

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 20:09:56 »

I also agree. As a moderator of a few forums myself, I would temporarily lock this thread until 1.3 comes out, and everyone had a chance to play it. It would be easier for all of us to see the results of the finished updated version of the game, and not guess who voted before-hand.

So far I like what I see.:thumbs:

Happy New Year to one & all.;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 20:14:10 by Bob360 »
Simulations are a way of life... or is it?

Windows7 Ultimate 64Bit
Intel i5 2 core, Quad. 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram
GeForce GT 430. NVidia GeForce GT 430 Driver Up-to-date
Sound Blaster X-Fi. DirectX 11
23" Asus Monitor 1920x1080 Resolution
3 1TB Hard-drives (2 internal, 1 external).

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 00:31:45 »

So what is the ETR for patch 1.3? Summer 2011? :doh:

TJK

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 09:26:27 »

Soon JHB, bee patient :thumbs: no date set jet but soon, Happy new year godt nytt Ã¥r til deg  and to you all
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 09:28:19 by TJK »

LoneWolfDon

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 19:14:08 »

The current choices seem a bit confusing to me. "Partially Satisfied" and "Partially Dissatisfied" seem to be about the same choice to me. I mean, if I'm "Partially Satisfied", I guess that means I'm also "Partially Dissatisfied" as well and vice-versa? And how much does "partially" really mean in this case? A little or a lot? What kind of percentage are we thinking about here. Partially meaning about 10%, 20%, 30%, etc...?

The "Poll" would probably make more sense to me, if it was a rating from let's say from 1 to 5 (or whatever range), where 1 being Least Satisfied and 5 being Most Satisfied.

I guess in that case I'd give a 4 out of 5 personally. I do much enjoy SSE, but I'd like to see some issues fixed and the sim improved in some ways, which hopefully the forthcoming patch we read about should address and help to make this good sim a great sim. Cheers! :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 19:25:04 by LoneWolfDon »
Each day is a gift. Enjoy! :)

Bob360

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 20:28:56 »

I do agree that this thread should have been worded better. However, I do understand the originators attempt.

Partially means a portion of (part). The percentage is usually less then 50%. The term "today is going to be partly sunny". Meaning that there will be more clouds than sunshine. The same for partly cloudy (more sunshine than clouds). I hope that helps you out. :)

Partially Satisfied = More Disatisfied.

Partially Disatisfied = More Satisfied.

I would have wrote it like this:

I love it (needs little or no improvements). Please explain.

I like it (needs some improvements). Please explain.

I don't like it (needs lots of improvements). Please explain.

I hate it (Give me a refund). Please explain.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 20:45:34 by Bob360 »

Windows7 Ultimate 64Bit

UltimateGTR

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 16:15:16 »

@Bob360: Nice suggestion!

I'm Partially Satisfied for SSE since it still doesn't have any hydrofoils in the game after 3 release of SS.

tekinozbek

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 05:14:28 »

Well it's 1.3 and I'm just fully dissatisfied. Framerate is everything for me in a game. Bad framerate = bad game experience = dissatisfaction...

strikewaffle

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 19:11:43 »

I have to say, I'm completely dissatisfied as well. I struggle to keep my ships under control when switching views as I often end up with the steering jammed or the throttles unresponsive - especially in helm view. I have had to tune my graphics down to almost minimal levels which makes the game look very cheap and unrealistic, and even then I was getting only 2 FPS in one of the single missions on a clear day with only one ship in view. My computer is pretty good on the spec sheet but that doesn't seem to count. I'm thinking of either reinstalling as 1.0 or just ditching the game. It is unplayable at anything below 5 FPS if you ask me, and having my rudder or throttles randomly change when switching views is a fundamental aspect of game play that should never have got past testing -- assuming any testing has been carried out.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2011, 23:21:25 »

Hi strikewaffle,
You say your computer is pretty good on the spec sheet but why not let us see your DxDiag then we can, hopefully, give you a sensible response. !:) "Pretty good" is an extremely vague description. Usually the problems which you describe are caused by the computer not being suitable to play the game correctly.
Regards,
Traddles.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Osprey

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 01:18:00 »

I would vote for partially satisfied, or on a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is wonderful, I am a seven moving towards an 8.  

There are some serious throttle issues which crop up pretty well everywhere and on every ship.   Like others I would like to see keyboard toggles for things like the radar and chart; and also I would like to see the wind speed again.   By the way, this is much better than SS08, which only gets a 6 out 10 - and I loved SS08.

Finally it would be good to have mission objectives and messages stay on screen a few seconds longer.... or be accessible from a keyboard short cut (to see mission and messages and what has been done already.

- Richard +
(Osprey)

strikewaffle

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 16:57:02 »

Hi strikewaffle,
You say your computer is pretty good on the spec sheet but why not let us see your DxDiag then we can, hopefully, give you a sensible response.

I will upload this when I am back on my home computer. However, this approach troubles me. Are you peddling a game for the masses or are you peddling a game for the elite few with the highest end computers? I play games on my PC that should be far more demanding than SSE is and they play without problems.

Emiloow

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 17:50:10 »

Im afraid i have to go with a fully Dissatified here,

i play on a somewhat powerfull rig, but the performance is just plain horrible. where in other demanding games i can run them at max with a constant 60 fps.

i just cant understand why the framerates are so low in this game, and that when you execute an action it doesnt happen till a minute has passed (yea an exageration but you get the point).

if anyone doubts my rig then ill add my dxdiag, even so, a game shouldnt require the absolute newest and top tier gaming rig there is to be played, who has  the money for a 3000$ rig anyway

i fell very frustrated about this game because i really wanna play it, but running with such a horrible performance its just unplayable, and i really do hope to see it sorted so i can actually play a game that i spend money on

strikewaffle

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 20:40:01 »

My DxDiag is attached, as referenced above.

Bromstarzan

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 23:16:42 »

SSE is hopefully a big failure on the way to a big success!

cptnchris

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 03:43:34 »

Big failure? I wouldn't say so.

Osprey

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 04:54:10 »

I rather think you have a negative viewpoint of the qualities that SSE already possesses in abundance, and never more so since version 1.3 came out last week.   My quibbles with SSE, some of which are substantive, do not prevent me from having the BEST EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD piloting various boats.  The level of realism is way higher - the con and the camera positions on the con (2:1, 2:2 and 2:3 on some ships and/or boats and TUGS) are so easy and so helpful!!!!

I say SSE is on the way from being 7 out of 10 to being 8 out of 10.   Perhaps in the future it will be 10 out of 10, but not even flight simulator deserves more than that!   

PS - in my opinion, and I loved it, SS08 is only at 6 out of 10 and that is with all the fixes that were done to it.

I am not FULLY satisfied, there are too many bugs for that, but I am one happy camper looking to be even  happier in a few days when a few of the flying fixes come out.

- Richard +
(Osprey)

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 10:03:44 »

I rather think you have a negative viewpoint of the qualities that SSE already possesses in abundance, and never more so since version 1.3 came out last week.   My quibbles with SSE, some of which are substantive, do not prevent me from having the BEST EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD piloting various boats.  The level of realism is way higher - the con and the camera positions on the con (2:1, 2:2 and 2:3 on some ships and/or boats and TUGS) are so easy and so helpful!!!!

I say SSE is on the way from being 7 out of 10 to being 8 out of 10.   Perhaps in the future it will be 10 out of 10, but not even flight simulator deserves more than that!   

PS - in my opinion, and I loved it, SS08 is only at 6 out of 10 and that is with all the fixes that were done to it.

I am not FULLY satisfied, there are too many bugs for that, but I am one happy camper looking to be even  happier in a few days when a few of the flying fixes come out.

Cheers mate! ;) (written while I was influenced by the content of a bottle with the label saying "don't drink this stuff") 8)

strikewaffle

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 10:07:09 »

I would say more of a big disappointment, than a failure. My worry though is that with every update we seem to get more problems instead of fewer, and the fixes/upgrades seem to be half complete instead of thoroughly implemented and fully tested.

Bob360

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 15:08:15 »

I voted "Yes, fully satisfied". I have none of the issues that others seem to have with respects to frame-rates, or graphics in general. I continually have 25fps, or above. Controls work as expected, and I get immersed in the campaigns, and missions.

The only thing I don't like about it is... that in SS-08 you can free roam anywhere, and when you get to the next map it asked you where you would like to continue to. SSE doesn't offer this. It just says "Mission Failed" when you get to the end of the map. Otherwise as a former Signalman/Quartermaster, 1st Class Petty Officer in the US Navy (8 years), I find it enjoyable. I plan to have many hours of fun with it.:2thumbs:

Maybe we can get a Navy Destroyer, or Cruiser instead of just a Coast Guard Cutter, and find some missions for them. Something like "Sea Replenishments", or "Ports of Call". I also like the idea of Vstep bringing back the SS Titanic. I can hardly wait.:captain:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 15:16:56 by Bob360 »

Windows7 Ultimate 64Bit

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 20:23:56 »

To Emiloow,

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

If you check your graphics card against this table you will see that it scores only 699. The Nvidia 8800GT scores 944 and the ATI Radeon HD 4850 scores 1092. As you can see this table is dated with todays date, so it is completely up to date.
Sadly then this means your computer graphics do not reach the Minimum standards as specified by VStep.

Regards,
Traddles.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 20:28:05 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

macca22au

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 06:37:55 »

My problem is that of the flight simmer.  I am concerned that I can't sail from Sydney to San Francisco - instead I fall off the map!

Even worse I am stopped abruptly.

You allow free roaming but only in the confined areas created for the missions.

As an Australian I would like to sail coastwise around our country.  I am not sure what the scenery engine is, but it seems very confined in spatial terms.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines