Hello Guest April 18, 2024, 17:19:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NOT happy with Extremes!  (Read 4185 times)

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
NOT happy with Extremes!
« on: December 24, 2010, 15:56:52 »

Hey everyone,
I did several forum searches and came up with nothing about this, found it kind of strange, so delete this if its duplicated. However to the point, I am extremely (no pun intended) disappointed with extremes. Honestly I find SS 08 MUCH better than extremes, the only thing I like more about extremes is that you can control the nav lights, and the new ships. So far every mission I've attempted to play has been bugged, NOT the V-Step quality I was expecting. Those of you who know me know I am not a complainer however I havent had the time to really play extremes since its release. Now that I am on break I decided to give it another shot and concluded that it was as I thought it was...junk. I don't mean to offend anyone as I know its not easy in any way to create a game...HOWEVER with all the hub-bub they made about the game I was expecting much more.

Sorry to rant guys, I was just wondering if I was the only one who felt this. And has anyone else had glitches in almost ALL of the missions, I find it very strange.

Matt

Thanks TJK!
Intel Core i7 930@ 2.8GHz, 12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2 Win

oceandream

• Forum member
Re: NOT happy with Extremes!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 16:07:59 »

well matt is kinda right there
I tried the tourist campaing after 3 attempts, still no completion of the  mission objective  :sleepy:
I tried the greenpeace campaign, 1st mission oke but an invisible vermaas???

Glitches include invisible ships, ships speeds not increasing after starting a saved free roaming..

Join Greenpeace virtual today
We need more members too keep out forum active

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 16:26:09 »

Just try to be a little bit patient for the 1.3 patch  :)
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 17:06:47 »

I understand that the patches will (hopefully) fix it, but why couldn't they get most of it in the first place? I understand that nothing will be perfect, but why release something half completed? Take the extra time to create a good product  :-\

Thanks TJK!
Intel Core i7 930@ 2.8GHz, 12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2 Win

oceandream

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 17:09:22 »

I understand that the patches will (hopefully) fix it, but why couldn't they get most of it in the first place? I understand that nothing will be perfect, but why release something half completed? Take the extra time to create a good product  :-\

That is true
you need too devolp the game too be completed,
I understand they wanted too release sse on a certain date but its still very bugged :(

Oceandream

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 17:24:35 »

This is just my take on it...

The way things have gone now, SSE is nothing different. The market is going too fast to keep up with itself, and publishers want it there and ready on the dot...although I personally feel as Developers I would tell the publishers where to shove it, its very easy for me to say that, when i'm not the one trying to earn a wage. In other words, time = money.

When I say the market is going too fast for itself, I mean for example, new releases such as the Iphone 4...Call Of Duty Black Opps...etc. All these products seem to have major problems, and I think the idea of getting things out ASAP has gone too far with everything, and unfortunately, SSE is a victim of that trend.

Lets be honest, the game isn't right. And after paying quite a bit of money for the game, in comparison to other games on sale, I was expecting it to be of a reasonable standard, but i'm reluctant to even say that. However, I don't really think we can assign blame to V-STEP or any of the developers...it's just the way things have gone now.

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 19:32:58 »

Jack, you bring up a valid point, however it still doesn't change the reality of the high cost of a game which gave to me seemingly less than expected.

Matt

Thanks TJK!

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 12:20:56 »

This is just my take on it...

The way things have gone now, SSE is nothing different. The market is going too fast to keep up with itself, and publishers want it there and ready on the dot...although I personally feel as Developers I would tell the publishers where to shove it, its very easy for me to say that, when i'm not the one trying to earn a wage. In other words, time = money.

When I say the market is going too fast for itself, I mean for example, new releases such as the Iphone 4...Call Of Duty Black Opps...etc. All these products seem to have major problems, and I think the idea of getting things out ASAP has gone too far with everything, and unfortunately, SSE is a victim of that trend.

Lets be honest, the game isn't right. And after paying quite a bit of money for the game, in comparison to other games on sale, I was expecting it to be of a reasonable standard, but i'm reluctant to even say that. However, I don't really think we can assign blame to V-STEP or any of the developers...it's just the way things have gone now.

Jack.

The whole world is going too fast, so fast that the earth is starting to rage upon us.

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 00:00:36 »

I miss getting good quality things, like cars from the 50's solid as a rock...

Thanks TJK!

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 22:59:47 »

I miss getting good quality things, like cars from the 50's solid as a rock...

Here here...We were born in the wrong era ::)
Kind Regards,
Jack.

oceandream

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 23:05:56 »

Cathy line IRI5HJ4CK :doh:

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 17:16:53 »

Here here...We were born in the wrong era ::)
:doh:
Can't deny that cars from the 50s were like tanks!

Thanks TJK!

rjwhyte09

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 22:29:54 »

same here!!!

i am not  happy because

*no titanic =i contacted ship sim team 2 months before it release  in Britain and he said ``she will be in new game`.
*most of the missions are boring
*not alot of ships choice etc
*multiplayer 08 is better

why did they need to go with steam they done good with out them in 08 version

if i have to pick EXTREMES OR 08 i wud pick SHIP SIM 08  :thumbdown:
VIRTUAL SHIPS & VIRTUAL SHIP LINES

> http://virtualshipsandvirtualshiplines.weebly.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines