Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 03:53:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst SS story ever  (Read 1627 times)

psolk

• Forum member
Worst SS story ever
« on: September 11, 2007, 15:29:05 »

So after being one of the first to pull down and install the first rev of the patch last week I bent over at my desk to pick up my controller.  Mind you I have already had 4 back surgeries in the past so should not have been bending in the first place but I did.  Well Today is Tuesday and I was just released from hospital since last Friday. I ruptured a disc in my lower back.
So for everyone who loses perspective every once in a while remember that life is a much bigger picture than what is right in front of your eyes...
With it being 9/11 this is an especially somber day around New York City so it is just a good day for perspective...
Cheers everyone, enjoy the sim and I hope yo be back in front of the computer in a few weeks,
-PAul

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
Re: Worst SS story ever
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 22:46:19 »

It's these kinds of things that really do give you perspective.  Sorry to hear about your mishap, seems to me that would be very painful.

Hopefully you will be back with us soon and Ship Simming with the rest of us :D

Take care and get well soon :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

psolk

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 18:25:34 »

Thanks for the response DJM.  You are a real stand up guy.  All the best to you and I hope to be back (no pun intended) soon.  Unfortunately it looks like I might be heading for more titanium implants...
take care,
-Paul

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 18:52:18 »

Oh dear, that sounds awful :(

All the best with that, I hope it all goes well for you :)

No need to thank me, we all have problems we have to deal with.  Sharing them with others does sometimes ease the mental strain, even if the physical remains.

Take care Paul :)

Kind regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 19:36:15 »

Greetings,
Yes,all the best from me to.
Hope everything works out good.
Regards
Marc
N

Water Weasel

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 08:06:24 »

Hope you get better soon!
I suffer from a degenerative disk, it's not fun. I can only imagine what you must be going through. Makes me count my blessings, and I sent up a little prayer for you.

WW
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines