Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 21:38:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Engine Sound on the Orient-Star  (Read 1019 times)

Azipod

• Forum member
Engine Sound on the Orient-Star
« on: December 17, 2010, 07:02:20 »

Is there anyway to get engine-sound on the Orient-Star when you are on the bridge like SS-2008?

I only hear "swoosh swoosh" sound of the water hitting the bow regardless if I put "sound at helman's position" on or off.   

The last time I was on the bridge of a cruise-ship I didn't re-call hearing "swoosh swoosh" below the bow.  Well, I guess I didn't recall hearing engine sound on the bridge as well for that matter.    ;D

krytsch

• Forum member
Re: Engine Sound on the Orient-Star
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 09:45:31 »

Yes, the wave sounds are a bit strange. They sound more like a someone sitting in a bath doing repeated rhythmic movements and click sounds, as the loop is clearly to be heard. This also applies to other vessels. But this definitely doesn't sound like a ship moving ploughing through the waves, which you nearly don't hear inside the ship on bigger vessels - standing outside, it is a very different sound.
It is my impression, that the sounds - teh engine and horn sounds as well - were not ready when the game was released. But we can always hope that the Creator's Forum will create new sounds as they did for SS08 - thanks again - these horns are great!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 09:51:14 by krytsch »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines