Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 13:10:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Mission Error  (Read 5195 times)

Sea Wolf

• Forum member
Custom Mission Error
« on: November 18, 2010, 06:55:51 »

Hi again

Well, it happened, I had to reinstall Ship Simulator 2008 CE because nothing would initiate.  The re-install fixed that problem but now, when I want to play my custom made mission I get an error message: "This mission requires ships that are not included in your version of Ship Simulator".  It's the Hovercraft and the Power Boat and I can play other missions that have the same ships.  I explicitly chose that  the custom missions file remain in tact prior to the new install and it shows up in the folder.  I have SS8 version 1.4.2.  Could they be referring to static ships that are in the mission as well?  I'm stumped.

Please help

Sea Wolf

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
Re: Custom Mission Error
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 08:02:07 »

Hi Sea Wolf
Some custom made missions were made by Creator's Forum available for download from
there or shipyard these were made while waiting for extreme's to be releast.
But if the mission contains the ship's ELBE ,FURY or the A1 ships that terry russel made
into player ships you will get that message.
                                                                                            Eric

The thing to do is download the mission pack containing the required vessel you want to play
But elbe and fury had to be bought from shipyard so if you do not have these vessels and they
are included in a mission it will give you the same message.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 08:05:59 by sadsid »

mvsmith

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 13:34:06 »

Hi Sea Wolf,

Yes, indeed, you will get that error if you do not have all of the Static and AI ships that are used in the mission. They are more difficult to track down because they are not listed in the mission info.
Having CE, which includes New Horizons ships, gives you most of the ships, but as Eric said, there are Furie & Elbe that must be purchased, and Jumbo Javelin—a free download from within your forum profile—and some static vessels that have been converted to player ships by the corporeal Terry and his crew on the Creators Forum.

Regards,
Marty

Sea Wolf

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 17:38:01 »

Thanks Marty and Eric, you once again helped a noob.  I installed the Jumbo Javelin pack and all works fine.  As you pointed out Marty, the ships seem to be hard to track, especially the ones that are missing when the error message pops up.  Is there even a remote way to do it?  I mean the ships are listed in the Ship Sim Editor but how do you find out which one of them ( or more ) is the game unable to find?

Thanks again for your support

Sea Wolf

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 18:51:46 »

Hi Sea Wolf
The packs as you download them state if you need new horizon or just 2008
each pack came with missions for that ship .
So the only one's that will be bad are elbe /fury the rest will be fine.
A1 turned into player small moter yatch/ mare austral/Container vessel/Flying Cloud/
Bulk Ship.
                                                                                              Eric

TerryRussell († 2012)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 22:30:31 »

Hi Chaps.

There are about 30 Super Packs in all. In each of them there is an accompanying set of release notes (a help file) that does list all the nonstandard vessels that were required for any of the missions.

If the mission uses any of the AI ships that I converted to playable, you won't get the "missing ship" message. You just won't be able to play in them. These are:

Sailing yacht
Flying Cloud
Cargo vessel

But, for missions that our wonderful team of creators produced after December 15th 2009, you might need one or more of the new ships. These are not present, you will get the missing ship message:

Selsey III (or the renamed version, Horst Thoensen)
Wachthaven III

Sea Wolf, if you have any problems or can't find any of the Super Packs, contact me on Amazing Forum (we've spoken there already, I think), and I'll sort it out there for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines