Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 09:24:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What the....  (Read 3503 times)

briggsy

• Forum member
What the....
« on: May 14, 2007, 01:53:30 »

Hi, i recently started playing Ship sim after beign a total novice to this game, i absalutly love this game, and im current stuck at mission 13. When ever i attempt to play this mission and leave the dock. Soem strange weird things start happening. For exampel, this.

All of a sunden i exitign the dock at astead perfect path, then siddenly im pushed to the side almost hitting a docked container ship, after correcting this the ship instantly flip upside down, yet it still responds to commands, and engien still functions...
Help

Captain Davies

• Forum member
Re: What the....
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 11:22:58 »

There is a channel you need to follow to get out of that dock, it veers off to the right.  Zoom in on your chart and use that to guide your ship out.  It's a fun part of the mission actually because your trying to guide through something you can't see using a only a chart.

ikeja1961

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 17:16:01 »

I'm having trouble too, with one of the add on missions. I get the container ship safely to the dock, moor it then it keeps hitting the quay causing environmental damage! All I've done is play the game! What on Earth is happening? Please!

Captain Davies

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 17:40:33 »

It's an annoying bug with the mooring ropes, and there is no remedy for it.  The ropes are more like bungies and pull your ship into the wall again and again.  The best thing you can do is get your ship as close along side as possible.

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 17:41:41 »

That´s a bug - no more, no less! Should be fixed with the latest patch, but it wasn´t for 100 %...
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

ikeja1961

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 17:51:06 »

Thank you Gentlemen, will give it a try and see what happens
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines