Hello Guest April 18, 2024, 16:22:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Big Thank You To Steam  (Read 2759 times)

helidan

• Forum member
A Big Thank You To Steam
« on: October 29, 2010, 10:22:08 »

As a gesture of goodwill Steam have fully refunded me for my copy of extremes.

This will be the first time ever that I've managed to get a refund on used PC software but I suppose that if the product is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE then it is only fair.  A quick search on the internet recently hints at a proposed change in the law with regards to software refunds and to give customers more rights. 

SSE is certainly not the first piece of software that I've purchased that IMO has fallen way short of the mark, there was a lot of angry faces when Ubisoft released Assassins Creed 2 for the PC and I was one of them!!!

I wish SSE's developers the best of luck with regards to ironing out all the bugs and making this the simulator that it should be but for now I'm back on SS2008 New Horizons, great bit of software there, highly recommended.

Once again thank you Steam, A+ customer service

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
Re: A Big Thank You To Steam
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 10:36:10 »

Hi helidan
I am sorry you did not give extreme's a bit more time but now you have the refund
please unregister the copy that is now no longer legal.
                                                                              Eric

helidan

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 10:46:58 »

Unregistered.

TJK

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 11:44:46 »

Hi  helidan

You most unregister you key from you forum profile, i see you still have it their
go here http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php?action=profile and delete you key please
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 11:46:26 by TJK »

mvsmith

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 13:42:17 »

Hi Tore,
It looks like he deleted his SS 2008 key instead.
Regards,
Marty

TJK

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 13:52:06 »

I see that Marty, but it was the SSE key he should delete, hope he still have it
Tore

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 16:47:17 »

He has done so already. However the Extremes tag is still visible for some reason.

It appears that both SSE and SS08 tags, at times, do not dissapear when a key is unregistered, atm. Looking into it.

Fred

arkon

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 19:20:59 »

I think that Steam is garbage . I bought Modern Warfare 3 from a store but to play the game solo I still have to log on to steam and the discs I purchased have never been used. That's why I bought direct from VStep and have never had a problem.

Art

molleh

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 04:19:49 »

I think that Steam is garbage . I bought Modern Warfare 3 from a store but to play the game solo I still have to log on to steam and the discs I purchased have never been used. That's why I bought direct from VStep and have never had a problem.

Art

.... So how is Steam garbage because of a problem you had with Modern Warfare 2?  That is Activision/IW's fault, not Steam/Valve's.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines