Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 13:24:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a simulator for these vessels  (Read 2224 times)

jaswane

• Forum member
Looking for a simulator for these vessels
« on: October 25, 2010, 11:46:25 »

Hi everybody,

I work for a company that make and operate large well intervention vessels, subsea support vessels and construction vessels and have high quality 3d models in 3dsmax of all of them. One of those ships, recently became "Ship of the Year" in Norway 2010, looks like this in real life. This is an old rendering from the model:

I'm looking for a simulator to import these vessels in just for fun on my spare time. I have earlier succeeded with importing this ship for walkthrough purposes in cryengine2. Beautiful graphics but not possible to really take the vessel for a spin. Note that this and the cryengine2 project are personal hobby projects and not for commercial use.

Last time I looked into ship simulator it was not possible to import own ship models, but now it looks like it works. How is this working? I have read that you need to send models to vstep, but that sounds expensive. Are there any editors that follows the game you can use? I have to admit I have only tried the demo of SSE and not bought the game yet.

I have searches a lot on the forums but havent found any answer. And all of you making own vessels and ships - have you managed to import them into the SSE?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:49:55 by jaswane »

michael_taal

• Forum member
Re: Looking for a simulator for these vessels
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 14:17:26 »

well i would say take virtual sailor there you can upload your own vessels and share them with another people

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 15:20:06 »

Hi Jaswane,

At the moment there is no editor to put the ships or environments into the game. There is however, currently a competition to allow users to put their vessels into the game and win cash prizes.

You can find out more information here if you're interested.

Regards,
Adam
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 22:09:14 »

Moderators, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe if a company confronts VSTEP on the matter of including their company's ship, they may let their vessel into Ship Simulator Professional and/or the home version of Ship Simulator. I'd imagine Jumbo Shipping did something similar for the Jumbo Javelin.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 00:11:49 »

Hi RMS G,

Yes you are right, VSTEP do put vessels into the game but it is rare considering the amount of work involved. They also have to consider the type of vessel, because they wouldn't put a vessell into the game if they thought no one would use it.

Jaswane, my advice would be to email VSTEP with your proposal, and ask them about it. Show them your vessell and the 3D model and they will respond accordingly.

The only think I meant with my previous post is that there is currently no way to get a ship into the game on your own using a tool or such.

Hope this helps,
Adam
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines