Hello Guest April 24, 2024, 21:07:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to turn of the "radio-chatter"?  (Read 1970 times)

wiqvist

• Forum member
Where to turn of the "radio-chatter"?
« on: October 12, 2010, 16:11:15 »

Before the update cameout I was told by atleast two moderators that it should be possible to turn off the radio chatter. One moderator agreed with me that it is not so realistic to the radiochatter when you come to Arctic or opensea. Yesterday I replayed one of the missions, and when I came to the Arctic so did I look for the "button" where I could turn of this radion chatter, but I could not find it. So, have I missed it or is there no possibillity to turn it of?

And I know that it is possible to turn it of in the option, but then you have no radiochatter anywhere. I thought there should be a "inn game" on/off button. So have I missed it or is there none?

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

jim.smith

Re: Where to turn of the "radio-chatter"?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 16:20:34 »

Hi Wiqvist,go to options and then sound and you can adjust the radio sound as you want. I dont think you can completly turn it off.
Jim.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 16:28:38 »

Jim, thank you for trying to answer me, but I think you missed to read the second half of my post, cause there have I just said whay you answer me with. But things like that happens, we all miss things from time to time.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 16:28:51 »

If you move the slider shown in the picture to the far left, radio sounds will be silenced.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 16:39:05 »

Traddles, also thanks to you for trying to answer me, but I think you did as Jim, missed the second half of my post. Cause if I do like you, Jim and me self have suggested so do I not have any radio chatter at all.

Maybe I have not been clear enough in my question or none of you have read my whole post, and as I said, we all miss things from time to time, so it is no problem.

What I am asking for is if there is an "inn game" button turn the radio on and off. Like for example, I sail from Sydney and there it is natural with the radiochatter, but then when I in the same mission come to Arctic, I will turn of the radiochatter, cause there it is not so natural with the radiochatter(at least what they are saying now). And I will turn it off without going out of the mission. I hope I have made me self a bit clearer now.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 16:49:24 »

Hi viqvist,
I come from days before VHF radio existed and when it did arrive I was very glad to be able to shut the thing off.  :doh: I recall being on a ship up the Persian Gulf where VHF waves can be distorted to follow the earths curvature. The noise was terrible when the VHF was on, you could hear chatter from every port in the Gulf at the same time.  :o :thumbdown:  I apologise for not fully reading your post.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 17:11:31 »

Nothing to appolgies for, no problem.

I for sure understand what you are saying about the annoying VHF sounds(in the reality). But sometimes it can be realy funny. Like one's I heard a mayday call, from a sailing yacht. That should not be funny, like no mayday calls should be, but when a person is inside of a marina in calm weather with a sailing yacht and go for a mayday, then I could not more than laugh. The reason was that he could not get his engine start. I honestly hope that the coastguard or the police took his VHF radio away from him. That person should not have been on a sailing yacht at all, if you are inside of a marina on a sailing boat you should be able to take the yacht to nearest land by just the sails(a sailor can do that, if not, you are not a sailor). And, even if he could not manage to sail the boat to a bridge, that person should know that mayday is something you use when there is no other way out. But there are today many persons on the seas who should never have been there.

freeciv

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 21:09:54 »

You don't say mayday when you can't start the engine in port! Different when you are out on the open seas...

I wish there was a way to turn off/on "chatter" in game. Personally I dislike the chatter; if you listen closley its the same chatter as in SS08 and they say the same things over and over. I know you can't have them allways saying different things but, come on!  :-\
Gone fishing            Thanks pdpx7 for the great sig!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines