Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 00:30:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Orient-Star steering issues in SSE v1.2.2 update  (Read 10247 times)

mvsmith

Re: Orient-Star steering issues in SSE v1.2.2 update
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2010, 16:34:13 »

Now with the new  update, the controls are the complete opposite.   Is this suppose to be a bug?

No, it was not supposed to be a bug. It was a not-completely-successful attempt by the developers to comply with IMO regulations about providing the helmsman with an intuitive steering device on ships like OS.
The result, however, was something that might easily be mistaken for a bug.

Alex Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2010, 17:49:04 »

So what we're seeing in this latest update is infact correct, and it really is horrible to steer?... I have never used the mouse for controlling the pods, always the keyboard, and now if I use controls to steer to the right, the ship does steer to the right, although the stern swings to port, but what you see on the controls is completely backward to the direction the pods would actually be in, unlike the B2, which is accurate whichever way round you have her.

I also have exactly the same issue as saltydog and reported it in the 'bugs' bit on the forum last week.

Also on the pods thing, I mentioned that the stbd pod on B2 makes the tug completely uncontrolable when running astern now which I do hope isn't how it's meant to be.

-Alex

mvsmith

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010, 18:07:04 »

No, the latest update is not correct. The notes describe how it should be, and was prior to the patch.

Azipod

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 00:16:59 »

Is this problem ever goign to get fixed??   I actually downgraded to the original v1.0 to avoid this issue.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines