Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 06:35:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saved game corruption in 1.2.2?  (Read 962 times)

ScubaChris

• Forum member
Saved game corruption in 1.2.2?
« on: October 08, 2010, 10:55:30 »

Up until now I've been optimistic that the main problems in the game are being fixed bit by bit. I fully realise all the issues vstep are experiencing and I can see they are struggling to keep up with demand from the end-users. I've worked in the computer entertainment industry for 20 years and although many aspects of this simulator really impress me, I'm still dismayed at how many problems remain and also how many more seem to have been introduced in the new patch. Many of which are so glaringly obvious they should definitely have been flagged by their QA department before release.
On the whole I don't think I had been having as many issues as some on this forum and  I was up to the 'Bora Bora boat race' mission (number 11) on the tourist campaign. Since installing the new patch, all my mission saves have become effectively trashed. Mission instructions going out of sync, for example receiving instructions to sail the Orient Star somewhere, and then placing me in a catamaran! Also issues such as: 'Sail your Sherpa tugboat to the Orient Star 1' and yet the waypoint is about half a mile inland on the other side of Sydney harbour.
Giving up on Tourist Tales, I tried to do the first towing mission on the Core campaign. I was instructed to tow a barge and moor it in front of the Agile Solution which I did perfectly. Even though the barge was perfectly moored in the designated location the mission did not recognise the fact and therefore didn't give me any new instructions.
This sim has so much potential but it also has so much that needs fixing to make it playable.

C.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines