Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 15:54:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Waypoint reached message  (Read 4360 times)

Sea Wolf

• Forum member
Waypoint reached message
« on: October 07, 2010, 22:24:08 »

I'm still working on a mission and so far I have learned a lot but I have one more question/problem.
When I run the mission to test it, the first thing that pops up is notification that the waypoint has been reached.
I haven't even moved the ship yet and the first waypoint is still about 5 ship lenghts away.  Is this a bug?  Anyone know how to fix it?  There is no Objective text or Waypoint reached text in the waypoint yet.

Thanks

Sea Wolf

mvsmith

Re: Waypoint reached message
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 23:41:35 »

Hi Sea Wolf,

I’d need to look at the mission in order to have any idea.
You should post it here. I only need the .xml file, not the .png. However, the xml must be encapsulated in a ZIP to protect it from being corrupted. Windows provides an easy way to do that:
Right click on the desktop and select New > Compressed (zipped ) Folder. Give it a name.
Copy the XML file into the folder and attach it to your post.

Regards,
Marty

Sea Wolf

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 04:14:35 »

Thanks Marty

Since that part of the mission only consisted of 3 waypoints, I simply deleted the player ship and the related waypoints and did it over, now it works.

Since I am on the subject of missions once again, I have noticed that the Power Boats vary in speed.  One day I can get it up to 80+ Kn Speed over Ground the next it hardly makes 66.5 Kn of speed.  Part of the mission I'm working on relies on maximum speed to be successful.  Any advise or explanation?  Only thing I can come up with is to make the waypoint objective successful with the lowest max speed.

Regards

Sea Wolf

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 20:17:17 »

Hi Sea Wolf,

That is strange, if it is the same power boat each time and there has been no change in the dynamics.
If the power boat has suffered any damage, its maximum speed will be reduced. I once had to deliberately produce damage via a trigger in a mission that raced a player PB against some AI PBs because the AI boats had a much lower max speed.

Another possible cause is a difference in FPS due, perhaps, to the addition of AI or Static ships to the mission. This could only change the indicated max speed if the boat was still accelerating at the end. This is because Mission Time passes more slowly at lower FPS, and it takes longer for a boat to reach maximum speed. However, the distance required should stay the same.
Without knowing the whole mission story, I guess that just setting the speed condition conservatively is the simplest solution.

If you want to post the mission.xml file, encapsulated in a compressed (.zip) folder, I’ll experiment to see if I can come up with an answer. I don’t need the .png file, but the .xml file will be corrupted if not protected in a .zip.

Regards,
Marty

Sea Wolf

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 15:29:42 »

Hi Marty

I have most problems worked out, can you have a look and some feedback, maybe?

Thanks

Sea Wolf
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines