Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 11:43:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing on more than one computer  (Read 974 times)

PoRL

• Forum member
Installing on more than one computer
« on: October 05, 2010, 14:52:14 »

Just a quick question: Does my SSE license permit me to install the software one more than one computer (both owned by me)?

My other PC has a better graphics card, and I'm interested to see what the difference might be.
On my boat, the crew's job is to make the skipper look good!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: Installing on more than one computer
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 15:01:06 »

Quote from: License Agreement
1. Limited Use License. Owner grants you the non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right and license to use one copy of the Program solely for your personal use on a single computer.

That should answer the question. So legally you have to uninstall it on the first machine and install it on the second afterwards.

However. There is one exception. If you wish to run a dedicated server for Multiplayer, then you are permitted to use a second installment on a second computer. You can however NOT use this second installment to play simultaneously on two computers, together with another person. A friend, family member, etc. There can only ever be one player active with one installment.

If you do share the game with another, on a second pc, at the same time, and you are caught online with it, your license key will be blocked and you may be banned aswell.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Regards,
Fred

PoRL

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 23:37:44 »

Many thanks, Fred.

It is indeed purely for my own use. I imagine if I asked my wife (who's the only other person living here) if she cared to join me for a game, I'd get THAT* look!!

(*All married chaps will know what look I mean!)
On my boat, the crew's job is to make the skipper look good!

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 01:01:44 »

Hi PoRL,

I'm not married but I know exactly WHAT look you're speaking of! ;)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines