Hello Guest September 28, 2024, 17:23:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem with steam!  (Read 1713 times)

Bromstarzan

• Forum member
problem with steam!
« on: October 02, 2010, 23:23:15 »

Just ordered a game from steam, did not recieve it. I will contact them as soon as possible
Hopefully Vstep wont suffer from this...?

« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 16:49:34 by Mad_Fred »

Capt.tim

• Forum member
Re: Dont trust steam!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 00:38:13 »

First of all did you check to see if the game in your library? second you should have also got a confirmation notice code as well.

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 10:33:26 »

Hi, You should be more carefull posting wasteless topics like this. I dont know how much games i've ordered from them... 10-15 maybe? Well, I got them some seconds after order.

Maybe your purchase details where wrongly filled ?

I dont know. but you shouldn't post something stupid like this

molleh

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 14:25:09 »

I hate it when I see people say "don't buy product x" just because they have one problem with it.  How about you contact Steam support instead of acting like everyone who buys something from Steam will just be robbed?

Really sick of the anti-Steam attitude I see from people who aren't "gamer" types.  I can understand being a little wary if it's your first time using it, but people act like it's produced by terrorists who want to steal your joy or something.

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 16:06:42 »

I hate it when I see people say "don't buy product x" just because they have one problem with it.  How about you contact Steam support instead of acting like everyone who buys something from Steam will just be robbed?

Really sick of the anti-Steam attitude I see from people who aren't "gamer" types.  I can understand being a little wary if it's your first time using it, but people act like it's produced by terrorists who want to steal your joy or something.

Many gamer outside of SS do also have allot of problems, so i can understand it. But contact steam, the are always giving feedback and trying to clear up so you will feel more comfortable with steam products and games that run by Steam.
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,10335.250.html

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: problem with steam!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 16:53:42 »

Topic title adapted.

Just as with any company or service, things occasionally go wrong. No need to claim that a good organisation can't be trusted.

I have made my share of purchases through steam over time, and I did have some problems here and there, but they have always given me prompt feedback and support and solved all my problems without the need to ask for refunds or the likes. I can't say I am a huge fan cause there were more problems that I cared for, but at least they solved them all.

We've all seen that there's been issues with the releases of this game and the coming patch, but the organisational part isn't the same as the service they provide. And that has always been good for me, to be honest.

As such, I do not agree that they can't be trusted. On the contrary, if you contact them, I am sure they will sort it out for you! Just takes a little effort on your part to notify them. That's what customer services are for. No system is infallible.

Regards,
Fred

p.s. as there is no real use in this topic and it's not directly shipsim related,  I'm locking it. Thanks for your understanding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines