Hello Guest September 28, 2024, 13:15:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Simulator Extremes - VERY BASIC Graphics  (Read 3638 times)

Freespirit

• Forum member
Ship Simulator Extremes - VERY BASIC Graphics
« on: September 29, 2010, 22:48:57 »

Hi everyone. I was waiting for Ship Simulator Extremes quite long. Today I was playing demo and that was really big disappointment. I mean mainly graphics. The graphics is VERY basic. I was expecting something MUCH better. To be honest the Sydney in Demo Mission was one of the ugliest then I ever seen. City looks completely ‘dead’ with TERRIBLE quality buildings. After this I really don’t want see other places in this game. I know that this game is not city simulation but now a days absolutely most of the games have really good graphics. Quality of the water is OK but in Silent Hunter 4 or 5 is much better. The quality of the ships is OK but I saw all ready a few bugs. This is quite common mistake that people who design this sorts of games concentrate ONLY on the quality of the ships and completely forgetting about rest of the stuff. They have a knowledge how to create better graphics but often they don’t doing nothing with it.  I think that whole idea about this game is good but definitely not with this BASIC graphics. So the only thing what we can do now, is waiting for another better game without spending any penny on this one.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
Re: Ship Simulator Extremes - VERY BASIC Graphics
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 23:00:02 »

Hi Freespirit,

I think there might be something wrong with your system because although harbours might seem empty, the quality of the buildings is better than SSE.

Are you sure all the settings in the game are on max, and are the settings in your graphics control panel up to full?

Sometimes it isn't necessarily the fault of the game as such :)

Can you post a DXDIAG report? (You'll have to register your profile by the way ;))

Regards,
Adam
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

jim.smith

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 09:55:47 »

I see nothing wrong with the graphics.

jacksos101

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 21:34:30 »

Well, that picture could go for a good dose of anti-aliasing, thats for sure !  :)

I'm inclined to agree with you, Freespirit, the graphics are certainly not up to modern standards. Considering the rather high cost of the game, one would expect the graphics to be comparable to other games of the present time.

I'm wondering whether the game engine used by VStep is getting a bit old and inefficient; apparently many of the games features had to be scaled down or removed completely because they drained the frame rates, such as AI traffic and the realistic bow splashes that we were given glimpses of on the ShipSim.com website (which are still there btw :thumbdown: and are inevitably causing huge disappointment to potential customers, such as yourself, when you see the games actual graphics.) I guess you are lucky that you were only playing the demo and hadn't spent your money on the actual game.

Maybe if we're lucky, SSE will eventually rise to meet our initial expectations through ongoing patches, but I am not going to hold my breath.

Freespirit

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 03:14:11 »

Maybe you right jackson 101. We will see. I’m sure as well that everything with my system is fine. I installed the newest Direct X from SSE demo as well and obviously I set all graphics settings on Max. My system: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6 Ghz, 3 Gb Ram, Nvidia GeForce 9800GT 1024 Mb and all others games run perfect. So the problem is not with my system, the SSE should has a better graphics, that’s it. These are a few photos from Demo Version and I still thinking that is definitely basic graphics.

And I found something funny as well.

But hopefully new patches fix it.  :)
Will be nice to see more “life” in Sydney. Everything over there looks “dead”. And another little thing: when I walk on my ship will be good to hear my steps, because I have a feeling that I’m flying instead of walking.  :)

jacksos101

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 03:21:14 »

Oh well  ;D

Heres hoping that the 1.2 patch will fix some of the problems, and that it will be released without any further delays...

shamuboy

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 03:25:26 »

Whoever has played the demo you should notice that the patch 1.2 is installed. And I get about 5-7 more fps with that patch and demo. So at least they are trying. :)

jacksos101

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 03:33:09 »

Oh well  ;D

Heres hoping that the 1.2 patch will fix some of the problems, and that it will be released without any further delays...

Heres hoping for 1.3 then  ;)

And I get about 5-7 more fps with that patch and demo. So at least they are trying. :)

That sounds good. Hopefully it means that they have developed a better game system, and have not simply lowered the graphics further  :)

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 10:41:53 »

Oh give them a break. Poor Vstep, it's like you're kicking someone already down >:(

I'm interested in this game because of the ships, and they look good with some nice details. The ports are okay and are close to the real ones, that's good enough for me. I don't care if there are some lack of details on the buildings, I don't study them anyway. Besides, it would be a real fps killer.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 10:42:08 »

See? WE told you VSTEP will work on things :D
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

lucy96

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 10:49:20 »

I'm interested in this game because of the ships, and they look good with some nice details. The ports are okay and are close to the real ones, that's good enough for me. I don't care if there are some lack of details on the buildings, I don't study them anyway. Besides, it would be a real fps killer.

REMOVED SPAM
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:25:46 by sadsid »

Freespirit

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 02:10:04 »

I know what you try to say Subwolf. This game is mainly about ships, I agree. The ports are not the most important thing. I for example love to play on IL 2 Sturmovik, Forgotten Battles and Pacific Fighters. I think that these games are the best Flight Simulations about planes from WW2 . Planes for me looks over there really good, but the whole quality of graphics in these games isn’t good. I mean mainly ground. But the game is great, you can feel proper atmosphere of air battles. What I try to say is that IL2 Sturmovik, Forgotten Battles and Pacific Fighters are games created in 2001 – 2004, SSE is the newest game from 2010, when we have much power full computers then six years ago, and now almost all new games have really good graphics. I know as well that very rich graphics can be a fps killer, but I think lots of present graphics cards can easily handle with this. :)

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 03:55:06 »

I tried the demo this evening.. I think the game looks better..  
 Perhaps settings in the demo are set to "minimum".. (I can't imagine why)..  ;)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 07:24:24 by saltydog »

Finn700

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 12:59:57 »

For me the graphics are not so relevant when talking about simulators, all what matters is the realism, and so more arcadish the sim/game is the better graphics are needed to compensate.
SSE is just hanging in between of those, you do no have no access to any other but the controls and lights, no engine startups (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSIGzDMJ-ik) etc.
but when talking about sounds and immersion what it creates.. SSE fails.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines