Hello Guest April 16, 2024, 10:41:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: question about the future of the game  (Read 15356 times)

sam-sine

• Forum member
Re: question about the future of the game
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 09:21:35 »

"This comes from Frank VSTEP, what means this

Let me post on a side note that some users that come posting here expect the things you get in a €250K simulator in a €39.99 game. That is of course not going to happen, no matter how much we improve the game.
Frank"

This was posted in another thread by Krisotend.

And this statement realy made me think and I ended up with one question which is realy important for me to get an answer on and I hope that Frank can explain a bit further about what he ment with this.

Is there going to be something more to controle than the movement of the ships in the different directions?

Cause if there is no thoughts at all on Vstep to include something more to controle on the bridge than the speed and turning the ship, then I am going to sell the game. My hope for SSE was that it one day should become more than a "boatdriving game", that it should become a "shipsimulator game".
radar with some basic arpa functions , buys with light , signals flags , whipers in windows so man can feeling the rains .
pc spec : cpu amd 9590
ram 16 gb pc 1600
mb asrock extreme 9
videocart radeon hd 7970

vernongt

• Forum member
Re: question about the future of the game to Frank
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 19:13:50 »

Would you buy the next version of this game??? Vstep has made a "game" not a simulation and that's what it is.  I have stopped fighting it and just let my kids play with it now, but they get board within 5 minutes too and just try to crash into things.
Gee Josh,
Perhaps you need to look over you kid's shoulders and see how they can solve your questions.  :doh:
No disrespect intended mate, but you'd be thoroughly amazed how fast kids pick things up!!  :-\

Just been reading and scanning this website while I wait for my SSE to arrive. :)
I tell you one thing Josh; having a 'fist full' of simulators in "trains, planes, race cars and soon to be ships too, I've discovered one BIG thing...
"You gotta be smarter than the machine" and with respect mate, I'd recommend you look at what you've got with that thought in mind. It has happened to me on many levels and I have to tell you this; no matter how much hair you pull out and no matter who you yell at, it usually comes down to some penny anny 'in the background' Piece of software that is clashing with one of yur 'drivers' or some-such thing.
Don't give up shipmate! Keep grinding away until you find the bug.
Good Luck sailor!!! :)
Vernon

PoRL

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 21:20:10 »

"Just been reading and scanning this website while I wait for my SSE to arrive"

Erm...... you might want to reserve judgement until it has arrived....
On my boat, the crew's job is to make the skipper look good!

Semmy

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2010, 00:45:17 »

Would it be possible for a member of Vstep to give us a clear indication of what we can expect over lets say the next six months?

Still waiting for some indication for the future? Nearly three weeks and no response?

Semmy

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2010, 17:39:57 »

Still waiting for some indication for the future? Nearly three weeks and no response?

Four weeks and no response, really does bode well doesn't it.

I am not asking for the crown jewels, nor the companies account numbers and PIN.
All I would like is an indication of what is in the next few patches and a timescale for their release.
Numerous other developers who's product I use are happy to do so, why will Vstep not release this info?
Are Vstep trying to hide something? Incompetence? Unknown? There must be a reason?

mvsmith

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2010, 17:54:34 »

Go with “unknown”. What happens over the next six months depends largely on what happens in December. If some fundamental problems are not sorted in 1.3, or soon after, there may not be six months for SSE.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2010, 17:59:03 »

Hi Semmy
It has been replyed to in several posts V-step will not give a time scale because this leads to
missunderstanding and missread posts leading to people getting upset when target date's
do not get met.
So better to say nothing untill the patch is ready to release that way may not suit some
people but from past exsperience its best.
Believe me when I tell you V-Step are working hard to get the next patch right for release
                                                                                                   Eric

PoRL

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 00:15:26 »

"If some fundamental problems are not sorted in 1.3, or soon after, there may not be six months for SSE."

Just out of curiosity, which particular problems are the potential "show stoppers"? Are they some of the technical ones, or is it more down to the perception of the game by the end-users (I'm talking here about the apparent widespread disappointment).

Also out of curiosity, if SSE is abandoned within the next six months, how would YOU feel as an unpaid volunteer who'd had to try to defend the indefensible?

PoRL

mvsmith

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 01:45:37 »

In the first place, I never “defended” it; I gave reasons why things were as they were. If some people refused to accept those reasons…

As for life for me after SSE: I have enough that works for me, especially a very interesting mission editor that is capable of making quite complex missions that work without problems.

I don’t suffer from many of the problems others do because I pay attention to the information that is available in forum topics, and make careful choices in hardware and in the software I put on my computers.

I have no financial stake, nor even an emotional one, in the fortunes of VSTEP. I have enjoyed my association with them, and have considerable respect for their accomplishments.
They do have a “day job” in professional maritime simulators and other similar products, so they will not suffer should they decide not to invest any further effort in a project that has received the kind of treatment it has at the hands of you and others.

Osprey

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 05:24:27 »

You and V-Step have my support.  I too pay attention - and have find a few bugs that annoy the heck out of me - but also endless hours of much much better sailing and challenges than in Ship Sim 08.   

Please pass my regards - and of course my fondest hopes - to whoever you think might care.

Good work. 

- Richard +
- Richard +
(Osprey)

jim.smith

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2010, 10:12:22 »

You and V-Step have my support.  I too pay attention - and have find a few bugs that annoy the heck out of me - but also endless hours of much much better sailing and challenges than in Ship Sim 08.   

Please pass my regards - and of course my fondest hopes - to whoever you think might care.

Good work. 

- Richard +

I couldn't agree more Richard. :2thumbs:

PoRL

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 00:10:45 »

They do have a “day job” in professional maritime simulators and other similar products, so they will not suffer should they decide not to invest any further effort in a project that has received the kind of treatment it has at the hands of you and others.

I beg your pardon?????

WHAT kind of treatment is that, then? Give either one single example where I've been rude to any member of the forum, a moderator, a member of VSTEP staff, or give an apology. In fact, the only rudeness I've seen personally on this forum has come from moderators; a situation I find astonishing.

The ONLY thing I've ever stated on this forum is that  the product does not fulfil the purposes to which it has been advertised, by a very long way.

VesselMate

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2010, 03:41:59 »

to any member of the forum, a moderator, a member of VSTEP staff, or give an apology. In fact, the only rudeness I've seen personally on this forum has come from moderators; a situation I find astonishing.

Its now been mentioned more than a few times, by a few different people about the attitudes and rudeness coming from the moderators. They certainly like to verbally get their backs up and become defensive. But this last post of mvsmiths is enough for me to say Im out of here. And I have no quams about saying I am taking this directly to VStep, as the unprofessional way some moderators are handling criticism to the software has now become unacceptable.

Good bye VStep Software. I cant say its been an enjoyable experience Im afraid.

Vige

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2010, 06:24:59 »

Waaaahhh!

\Door closes

Osprey

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2010, 06:56:47 »

Its now been mentioned more than a few times, by a few different people about the attitudes and rudeness coming from the moderators. They certainly like to verbally get their backs up and become defensive. But this last post of mvsmiths is enough for me to say Im out of here. And I have no quams about saying I am taking this directly to VStep, as the unprofessional way some moderators are handling criticism to the software has now become unacceptable.

I have expressed my support for V-Step and for the difficult task that moderators (and volunteer mission designers sometimes) have to do in balancing valid criticisms of V-Step or of themselves with those criticisms that are clearly inappropriate in their rudeness or uniformed by any actual experience or knowledge of SSE.

In my opinion for some "critics", whether they be moderators themselves or persons like the last one who cheered the departure of VESSEL MATE from this forum, to DISMISS Vessel Mates concern would be unfortunate.

I think Vessel Mate has a valid point despite his strong way of expressing it.   (or perhaps because of it??)

Moderators have become rude upon occasion, perhaps more rude than I have seen them in the past.   These men know who they are.   They are the hard working men (no woman so far?) who have allowed themselves to become frustrated by "stupid" questions, they are the ones who have given up being patient every now and then.  

I hope no moderator packs his bags and leaves us.   I hope no Company Rep comes along with a heavy hand and "chastises" or "disciplines" the moderators.  

I do hope the moderators listen to what is being said and search their hearts for the rudeness that hides within them.   And I hope every man or woman writing questions or making complaints consider whether they are being rude in how they express themselves.

And I hope I model courtesy and patience for moderators and non-moderators alike.   Time will tell that tale.

:2thumbs:

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 07:45:24 by Osprey »
- Richard +
(Osprey)

Tinchu

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2010, 11:34:21 »

I express my support for VStep too, Osprey. But I think too, all of these problems and annoyances have been caused by a wronged way to do the things in VStep. It seems VStep has decided this simulator will never grow up to new levels. Every two or three years VStep will release a new edition; with some few new scenery and ships, but the next level we are waiting; functions and performances like traffic control, rules, etc., about we have talked here innumerable times, we will never see them. Sorry, but I feel VStep has put under our noses a delicious cake but only to be smelled.

But I want to be possitive despite of the frustrations and make new suggestions:

All europeans sceneries are almost bordering. Would it be possible for VStep to link them and we could do nautical days (cabotage navigation).

English Channel; the entire channel,  would be the perfect scenery to introduce control traffic, radio communications with digitalized voices or overprinted messages on screen.

There are many enthusiastic people with ferries. This kind of ships need adequate scenery. Gibraltar straight would be another interesting scenery. Another scenery to introduce control traffic.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines