Hello Guest October 18, 2024, 07:26:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gallery?  (Read 2165 times)

Lifeboat

• Forum member
Gallery?
« on: September 07, 2007, 12:40:11 »

Hi all,

Would it be a good idea to have an official Ship Sim gallery for all versions of the game & in which it could contain various catagories for each type of vessel & also missions (not every missions, just a generic catagory that would cover all missions, it's then up to the uploader to enter the details).

I think other members would enjoy seeing their images online & be able to compare with others. It's just a thought really for the Admin/Mods to think about for improving an already good community. :)
Lifeboats24-7...Leading International Maritime Search & Rescue Resource.With Forum,Gallery & much more. http://www.lifeboats24-7.com (http://www.lifeboats24-7.com)

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
Re: Gallery?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 07:04:12 »

Greetings,
Yes,but the problem is,that some members will putt the bugs and errors in this topic.
However,if our members put realy good pics into the gallery,i dont have a problem with it.
This way we can put all the pictures/screenshots here.I think they are on different places now.
We have to ask Wout/Mark or Pjotr,what they think about this idea,also the other moderators have to give their oppinion.
For the moment,we waith for them to reply on this matter.
Once their is green light,we can start this topic.
Kind regards
Marc
N

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 07:13:18 »

Maybe an approval setting. They can get one of the moderators to get on and go threw the gallery's waiting list and approve/edit photos/Descriptions so that the bad ones don't get in there.

Marc is right though.

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 07:26:53 »

Greetings,
Yes,we can find someone,who is able to remove bad pics from the gallery.Do you have an idea,who wants this task/job??
On the end,he has to be straight and objective,to delete a picture,when it's a bad one(not so easy)as it is spoken.
Maybe,make a list of members,who do you think is the right person for this job.
We have not the idea,to start a "picture of the month" topic.However some members made allready very good screenshots 2006/2008 version.
Please,give comment,Pro or Contra.
Regards
Marc
N

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 07:28:47 »

I was thinking more of an exiting moderator that approves the images so the bad ones are never in there unless the mod hits approve. That way it ALWAYS looks good.

My List:
CaptainSpencer
Any Existing Moderator
ShipAddict

Continues....

Me somewhere at the bottom.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 07:31:36 by Agent|Austin »

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 07:47:11 »

Greetings,
Well,make this list complete,about 20 members.People you think tey are able to do this job,and guide this topic in good lines.
Afther vstep has given the green light,we can start this topic direct,Or you can make a vote-system,or you can announce this question to everyone.
I follow you,with this job,because you started this topic.It's your creation.I'm sure you can make this work.
Kind regards
Marc
N

Wout

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 10:02:50 »

This project would cost a lot of work, and we don't know if or how we want to implement it. All I can tell you is that we don't have time for any big project until ss2008 is satisfactionary finished.
Wout

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 10:46:45 »

Greetings Wout,
Yes,we can waith untill all the bugs and errors,are out of the game.
However,now we have allready pics,on different locations in our forum(very nice screenshots).Taken by all the members.This topic would concentrate them to one topic.Yes,and you are completely right,it is a big job.
This is just the start of this "Gallery"topic,we are not busy yet,this is just when it becomes sofar.Than this will be ready.
Regards
Marc
P.S.this will i believe take some months,before we can even release our first picture,on this topic.
N
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines