Hello Guest June 15, 2024, 22:34:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Demo not working  (Read 3563 times)

upandout

• Forum member
Demo not working
« on: September 21, 2010, 20:48:06 »

I've installed the demo (thanks by the way  8) ) but it won't start.  I get a lot of *.dll messages and can't find folder for ..... and then it exits.

The installation seemed to go ok and SS2008 worked fine.  I didn't install Dx when the demo installed but I've had 9.0c on here forever.  Running Vista32

Thanks!

TNeves

• Forum member
Re: Demo not working
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 21:25:04 »

I've installed the demo (thanks by the way  8) ) but it won't start.  I get a lot of *.dll messages and can't find folder for ..... and then it exits.

The installation seemed to go ok and SS2008 worked fine.  I didn't install Dx when the demo installed but I've had 9.0c on here forever.  Running Vista32

Thanks!

Try to run the game as administrator, to see if it helps.

MudDiver

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 22:04:49 »

I have this same problem I have tried installing to the public profile folder as well as run as Admin and I get a bunch of popups with dll's in them such as AICrowdCC.dll and a bunc of others then it says, "A channel that is needed for this project was not foind in the installation path: (it then displays a GUID)" and then just quits. I am running Windows 7 (x64) and a NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT vid card. Any ideas?

upandout

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 01:51:16 »

ah yes the admin thing.... I'll try that thanks

edit: tried it, same results as the above poster...

maverick

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 09:05:40 »

Same here. Questviewer crashes.

Tried the tips in FAQ and the video posted on here.

W7 home premium
Q9550
Ati 4890 Crossfire, cat 10.8
Intel SSD
4GB Ram

thom301

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 09:20:41 »

if you get a lot of ddl. errors try to reset your computer, it helped for me.

thom

abcabcabc5000

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 10:52:37 »

Thanks!

That's strange, the demo runs perfectly in my win7 computer. It runs even smoother than 2008 in my computer.
Great demo VStep!

TJK

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 11:14:20 »

The installation seemed to go ok and SS2008 worked fine.  I didn't install Dx when the demo installed but I've had 9.0c on here forever.  Running Vista32

Thanks!

Install DX and then you demo will run, joust follow the instructions and install all

Simpsons05

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 14:17:00 »

I think thats not ok :evil: The demo is coming and ever is no update here the game has lot of misstakes and it is so many misstakes that I dont play this game and wait of the update every day and than they works on a demo  :-[!Igive many money of this game and ohter play the demo and have fun thats not ok :evil:!!!!!!!

ivanoile

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 19:49:52 »

Install DX and then you demo will run, joust follow the instructions and install all

I have the same problem,but i installed everything,dx and physx

TJK

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 19:58:05 »

You can Try this to install all her  again from  installation folder; C:\Program Files\Vstep\ShipSimExtremesDemo\Resources\redist- Run all.exe from the installation folder.
and the

C:\Program Files\Vstep\ShipSimExtremesDemo\Resources\redist\DirectX-
find setup file

Run in admin mode if needed.

Yicker

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 01:14:34 »

Hi,

I had same problem after installing demo, lots of .dll messages then an error message.

Rebooted computer and demo ran without any problems.

Cheers
Scott

Fbibradfbi

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 13:39:47 »

I personally thought the demo was preety large compared to SS08 demo. It runs smoothly on low graphics but slow loading times. I'm probably not going to get it unless I get a pc upgrade.
Wait please :)

CaptPST

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 12:19:45 »

As a 2008 player I was really waiting for SSE.

Happily postponed buying it though, due to all the negative things going on.

Was planning to upgrade my graphics card anyway in case things improved. But tried the demo first...

Start up mission and slightly advance into the harbor... after 30 seconds I get hit by a speeding boat (pilot or police ?) which starts to FLY (??) in the sky ... must have been a hundred meters up, and then falls in the water and floats normally.

While my ship sinks.

What nonsense. VSTEP, you're really making a mess of it. But I guess you knew already. This is not convincing me to buy.

Peter.

upandout

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 16:06:35 »

Well I got it working - the scenery is definitely more detailed but it has outpaced my hardware now.  I thought FSX was resource-intensive and I can run that at 40fps....

Thanks for the help.  I just ran the installer as admin and made sure to install the Dx components
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines