Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 04:54:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: glitches  (Read 3926 times)

lolmax123

• Forum member
glitches
« on: September 21, 2010, 00:10:58 »

hi i have the ship simulator 206 demo echanted and ill say this VERY GLITCHY i even have a picture that will be addeed it just sucked! first my boat just stopped in the middle of the harbor then a yatch came and made it glitch!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: glitches
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 00:25:21 »

Hi Max,

You'd have to be a little more specific indeed. When I tried it long ago, it seemed fine.

Might be that it's simply too old by now, if you use windows 7, for example.

Though I must say, I still have SS06 installed on my win7 machine and it runs great. But ofcourse, there have been patches for that too, that solved some issues along the way.

Fred

lolmax123

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 00:56:57 »

Hi Max,

You'd have to be a little more specific indeed. When I tried it long ago, it seemed fine.

Might be that it's simply too old by now, if you use windows 7, for example.

Though I must say, I still have SS06 installed on my win7 machine and it runs great. But ofcourse, there have been patches for that too, that solved some issues along the way.

Fred

guess what...
WINDOWS 7

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 16:28:28 »

In order to check I just downloaded the enhanced Demo and the one mission which is included plays through with no problems. I am operating on Windows XP though.

Traddles.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

lolmax123

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 02:46:18 »

In order to check I just downloaded the enhanced Demo and the one mission which is included plays through with no problems. I am operating on Windows XP though.

Traddles.

no no no you dt get it MY ENGINE STOPPED AND A YATCH HIT ME ya all normal but it was far away when i first spotted and plenty of time to stop and with ALL my reserch if ships have time to stop this one had plenty of time and when you bow donw and stern up being pushed by a yatch and not stoping? dont you understand thats a real faileure the game isint but my pc is

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 02:48:31 »

Err.. ah

That's not a glitch.

The AI ships in SS06 didnt stop for anyone. You have to make sure you're clear of them.

And there's no bug in the demo that stops your engine just like that, to my knowledge, either.  :-\

Fred

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 10:32:48 »

The idea is to avoid other vessels so as not to let them hit you. As Fred says, in SS2006 the AI traffic will NOT stop for you, that is part of the enjoyment of the game. Keeping a good lookout is one of the prime requisites of a watchkeeping officer. No point in claiming "I didn't see the other ship", that's a very quick way to the cemetery. :doh:
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines