Hello Guest September 21, 2024, 15:07:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: POR stabilisation needed from Calais to Dover  (Read 1595 times)

krisostend

• Forum member
POR stabilisation needed from Calais to Dover
« on: September 08, 2010, 08:17:53 »

When POR is moored/docked at her berth in Rotterdam, then she goes a bit too much up and down. Such a large ship should be reasonably stable, especially in a harbor. How is this possible? Even at sea, she moves too much. I feel more like sailing a fishing boat than a ferry. Crossed many times the channel in bad weather, those channel ferrys had more problems with drifting away(wind and currents) than with their stabilization. Stabilisation was one of POR highlights when she was built, no? What about stabilizers and ballast tanks for SSE?

I played also my first mission and there is no traffic.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 12:10:35 by krisostend »

krisostend

• Forum member
Re: POR stabilisation needed from Calais to Dover
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 12:08:08 »

POR achieve apparently too fast its top speed, that caused problems with docking/undocking.
When I touch the Calais/Rotterdam quay with a speed of 0,8knts, then I fly away with an inclidible speed of 8knts. Set up the best ghraphics applications, but the Dover cliffs are just half visible.

POR is not stable for such a large ship, especially in the harbor.

What can I do?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 12:11:11 by krisostend »

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 12:45:07 »

Hi there,

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do because the dynamic of the ship are encoded into the game. Only the devlopers can modify the ships dynamics.

VSTEP are reading the forums though and it might end up being stabilized in a patch at some point :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

krisostend

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 19:57:30 »

Strange that no one observes those problems. There is still a clear difference in stabilization between a major ferry, like Pride of Rotterdam and a smal fishing boat. Or am I wrong?

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 20:19:06 »

Nope, you do have a valid point.

And as such, it IS already noted, and is currently also being looked into, as far as I am aware!!

Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines