Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 03:42:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: question about ss08  (Read 3719 times)

CatMarineDiesel19

• Forum member
question about ss08
« on: September 04, 2007, 19:29:43 »

hey everyone im new here and i ahve a question i didnt relaly check everything about the game but will ship simulator 2008 work with winodws vista caus ei palin on myabe gettin a high performance lap top and has it allready been realsed in the usa, and i palyed teh demo and  im not really happy with the performance i have a pentium 4 processor 2.8ghz Hyper Thread proccesor with 1500mbs of ram 2x256mb sticks and 2x512mb sticks and i have a ati radeon X1550 256mb graphics card with windows media center 2004

http://usera.imagecave.com/Pete/shipsim.PNG

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
Re: question about ss08
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 21:03:52 »

Hiya and welcome to the forums :)

Ship Simulator 2008 will work with Windows Vista, yes.  Please bear in mind however, that it isn't just the Operating System that needs to meet the requirements, it's your hardware also :)

Looking at your hardware, you seem to be ok except for 1 particular area, your RAM/Memory.  Here are the minimum specifications required for Ship Sim '08:

Operating system: Windows 2000, XP or Vista
Processor: Pentium 4 2.4GHz or AMD equivalent
Memory: 1GB (Windows 2000/XP) or 2GB (Vista)
Graphics card: GeForce 5900 or ATI 9600 Pro / X600 (128MB)
Audio devices: Sound card
Input controller: Mouse with scroll wheel
Optional controllers: Joystick, Joypad or Steering wheel

This specification information can be found quite easily by using the forums search function or checking the FAQ's :)

As you can see, with Vista you really need 2gb RAM and you may struggle if you have less than this.  Also, as an extra consideration, some laptops do have difficulty running modern games, so this is also something to consider ;)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

mvsmith

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 21:27:03 »

hey everyone im new here and i ahve a question i didnt relaly check everything about the game but will ship simulator 2008 work with winodws vista

A moderator will be along in a while to give you an answer.
Meanwhile:
SS08 will run well on Vista if you have the right hardware—especially graphics—and if you have the right drivers for that hardware.
You might have trouble finding a laptop that has sufficient graphics power.
You need at least 2GB RAM; more if your graphics chip uses system RAM.
NVIDIA based cards are generally preferred over ATI, but opinions and experiences vary. You might search those sections of the forum that you can reach without registering.

If you want to purchase SS08, do so from the VSTEP web site. You can get a boxed version, or if you want instant gratification you can download it. I opted for “instant gratification” via dialup. ;D
Some of the problems with the demo are fixed in the forthcoming patch, RSN. Others were probably peculiar to your particular hardware.
Enjoy!
Marty

CatMarineDiesel19

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 22:24:45 »

thank you very much everyone for ur help soo far i really appricate i just got the SS06 demo one and its runs fanstic on my comp but i still cant wait too purchance SS08 

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 22:29:29 »

thank you very much everyone for ur help soo far i really appricate i just got the SS06 demo one and its runs fanstic on my comp but i still cant wait too purchance SS08 

You could always try the Ship Sim '08 demo, from here:

http://www.shipsim.com/downloads/trailers.php

;)

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

CatMarineDiesel19

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 22:48:36 »

ohh lol i allready did try that actually thats where i took the pic from in teh game was in the 08 demo like the gaphrics are really scratchy

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 22:54:42 »

Whoops, I must be getting old ::)

My apologies for that.  Looking at that picture though, it may just need some alterations to settings, doesn't look too bad in my opinion ;)

Seeing it moving is a different story, you would be better able to judge that :)

Regards.

DJM.

CatMarineDiesel19

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 01:29:25 »

ohh lol dw about it but yea its kinda of but when u goo too the open sea where its rainy its get a tad slower but that 2006 demo man im really happy with its perfromance the water is amazing its looks soo real but i gotta wait too either one i plan on gettin both and is that 06 add on pack worth it it looks like im j........ohh and i forgot oen anotehr spec that i forgot which also goo dbe for my lack of grphics in the game i just got 2 months ago iw net form a 15inch bubble omiter which was like 8 years old too a brand new smasung flat screen flat panel 19 widescreen moniter its got a 2000:1 Dyanmic Contrast too im lsiting thsi spec becuas elaot of my games run cleaner graphics and crystal clear images but run slower but its on certain games
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 02:03:55 by CatMarineDiesel19 »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 10:12:57 »

ohh lol dw about it but yea its kinda of but when u goo too the open sea where its rainy its get a tad slower but that 2006 demo man im really happy with its perfromance the water is amazing its looks soo real but i gotta wait too either one i plan on gettin both and is that 06 add on pack worth it it looks like im j........ohh and i forgot oen anotehr spec that i forgot which also goo dbe for my lack of grphics in the game i just got 2 months ago iw net form a 15inch bubble omiter which was like 8 years old too a brand new smasung flat screen flat panel 19 widescreen moniter its got a 2000:1 Dyanmic Contrast too im lsiting thsi spec becuas elaot of my games run cleaner graphics and crystal clear images but run slower but its on certain games

Ok, please excuse my confusion here, but you're kind of losing me with this.  From what I can gather, you want to know if the 2006 add-on is worth buying, yes?

Absolutely it is, later this year the add-on will be made available for use in Ship Sim '08.  If you only have '06 at the moment, it adds to that game, so it's a win-win scenario :)

As for the rest of your post, it was sort of 'lost in translation', you have something called a 'bubble omitter', which you changed for a Samsung TFT Monitor, yes?

Usually a monitor won't make much difference in my own experience, except for sharper graphics.  The fact that everything is slower in the open sea is most likely due to settings in-game, or drivers on your PC ;)

Regards.

DJM.

Qala

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 15:47:18 »

Don't you learn english over there? This is an insult to every reader.

captain_Adam

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 16:30:38 »

hey everyone im new here and i ahve a question i didnt relaly check everything about the game but will ship simulator 2008 work with winodws vista caus ei palin on myabe gettin a high performance lap top and has it allready been realsed in the usa, and i palyed teh demo and  im not really happy with the performance i have a pentium 4 processor 2.8ghz Hyper Thread proccesor with 1500mbs of ram 2x256mb sticks and 2x512mb sticks and i have a ati radeon X1550 256mb graphics card with windows media center 2004

I wouldn't really call it a 'High Performance' Laptop. High performance is like 3 GB Ram and the problem with your demo could be that the Processor is a bit outdated.... try updating this...
Shipsim08....

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 17:02:36 »

Don't you learn english over there? This is an insult to every reader.
I think you'r comment unfair For all we know he may have had to learn himself
I have friends in thailand that do not have the money for school to learn english so learn
from friends who are willing to teach them.
unfortunatly we are not all blessed with money & good schooling
Sorry felt it had to be said

CatMarineDiesel19

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 18:53:30 »

hahah my typing sucks i kno but talk too me voice to voice and qala im gonna let that slide what u sayd too me.........ohh and djm i ment too but an m in front of omitter soo what i ment too say was i have a bubble moniter like the rounded screen montiers if ya kno what i mean
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 19:00:08 by CatMarineDiesel19 »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 19:15:46 »

Ok, I presume by 'bubble', you mean CRT?  I've never heard of a bubble monitor to be honest, hence the presumption ;)

CatMarineDiesel19

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 19:39:41 »

yes see i didnt kno that was the exsact term for it lol i used the term bubble cause it kinda looks like a bubble how its round  :D

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 19:40:21 »

yes see i didnt kno that was the exsact term for it lol i used the term bubble cause it kinda looks like a bubble how it round  :D

Sounds like something from a 60's commercial ;)

CatMarineDiesel19

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 21:26:59 »

haha that it does my friend that it does :)......ummm jw i herd that the boats form SS06 will be in SS08 but i haven't saw them yet in the game and im guessin its gonna be an add on back that'll be realesed in the future correct me if im wrong

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 21:32:15 »

Only the vessels from the Ship Sim 2006 Add-On will be made available for Ship Sim 2008.  This is planned for later in the year with a free update for those who purchased the Add-On :)

Regards.

DJM.

CatMarineDiesel19

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 02:16:49 »

that sounds splendid im gonna try too buy SS06 tomorrow if not friday only cause i have a shortage of money and i would like too get SS08 but after seeing the graphics but ill deal with that for now and hopefully up teh pwoer some more and the fact that i never got an email from vstep for the acctivation of my new payment account too purchance the game i dont have any choices as too where too get SS08  :(
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 02:21:42 by CatMarineDiesel19 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines