Hello Guest April 23, 2024, 10:28:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is my game steam?  (Read 1705 times)

will19984713

• Forum member
Is my game steam?
« on: September 03, 2010, 17:08:43 »

I havent got my new PC yet its coming this weekend so i am waiting to install SSE.  On the bottom of the box it says Steam and Vstep?

Is my version steam and if so what are the differences between the two?

Retail994

• Forum member
Re: Is my game steam?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 17:34:29 »

No difference  :D

CaptainM

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 20:28:45 »

Hey Will,

The only difference is to activate your product you need to make an account on steam (which is free may I just say) after that you will be made to enter your CD key in, when you have done that it will install like normal and thats it.

Steam is a great tool to use, previously I found it to be a pain but after fiddling around with it, its became something im always going to use now, as it applies updates automatically, allows you to add other people to your friends list so you can keep in contact and also will keep you update with the lastest news about Ship Sim.

Other than that the game is no different from the version you can buy from ShipSim.com.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Zero-gravitas

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 20:43:30 »

Hi there,

As my game is the steam version am I right in saying that I NEED to be connected to the internet to play it?

The previous versions ran after they were installed without the need for a connection, but this one seems to need one.
 Most odd...

Frank_VSTEP

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 15:46:12 »

Hi there,

As my game is the steam version am I right in saying that I NEED to be connected to the internet to play it?

The previous versions ran after they were installed without the need for a connection, but this one seems to need one.
 Most odd...

No you just need to do a onetime activation through the internet. Then you can select the "Go Offline" option in the STEAM menu and don't need an internet connection the next time you play or anytime after for that matter, should you want to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines