Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 17:41:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AA/AF Graphics in SSE  (Read 4941 times)

John W. Hamm

• Forum member
AA/AF Graphics in SSE
« on: September 03, 2010, 06:41:14 »

I have just started SSE and Not unlike in 2008 the AA/AF is not in game so I set it up in my NVidea Card, however this time it seems to have no effect at all. I Used the VStep Viewer to set it up under which is how it worked with 2008, I also made sure that I had the latest drivers.

One thing I did notice though is that when I start it up under the NVidea display mode the option of Vstep Viewer is not there but instead is Ship Simultor 2006, but I have never owned or had SS 2006 on my PC and no matter how many times I try to add The Vstep Viewer it reverts back to SS 2006, I believe it was the same for SS 2008 however the AA/AF worked in 2008. Any Suggestions?

Denis

• Global Moderator
Re: AA/AF Graphics in SSE
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 06:45:20 »

Hi Joey1,

I had similar problems.

I believe this is due to the fact that Ship Simulator Extremes is launched, by default, in windowed mode, and the Windows 7 fancy graphics "AERO" mode seems to prevent anti-aliasing to be applied in windowed mode applications/games.

Can you please try the following, and report if it works ok for you (it worked for me !) :

1. Set ATI graphic options with ATI control panel, as explained in my tutorial (http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,19579.0.html) OR Set NVIDIA graphic options with NVIDIA control panel
2. Download and install the free software called GameBooster : http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
3. Launch GameBooster, and choose "Game Mode".

After that, you should see your windows seven desktop changing (no more start menu transparency, for example). Then, launch Ship Sim Extremes, and your visual rendering in game should be much improved.

John W. Hamm

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 06:49:37 »

But I am using XP, thank you though for the fast response

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 06:50:51 »

Ah ...

Well, try anyway.

John W. Hamm

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 06:55:06 »

However that was the problem I found that is was windowed and unchecked and now it is a smooth as a baby's a$$
Thanks A Million!

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 06:58:50 »

Yep, running in full screen works too, but then, the Multi task doesns't work well.

I personnaly need the ability to switch beetween SSE and Firefox (on a second screen), because I generally monitor the forum while playing ;)

Dreadnought

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 07:01:22 »

Hi John,

The ship sim 2006 is preloaded in the nvidia driver. When you set up to point to the vstep program the nvidia driver thinks it is the same game. This is not a problem just adjust the settings in the 2006 menu and it will be applied to SSE. It works for me. Just make sure you have set the driver to take full control of AA and not enhancing SSE own settings.

Denis,
interesting info will give it a go to see if I get better performance.

Cheers shipmates
Dave

Cdt Stubbing

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 16:55:03 »

Just make sure you have set the driver to take full control of AA and not enhancing SSE own settings.
Great stuff, thanks! I knew I was missing sth. My ships' many handrails and cables look a lot better now with 8x AA :thumbs:

CaptainM

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 20:46:29 »

If you want a tip, I would suggest you look at a program called nHancer, its built for Nivida cards and is designed to give you control of AA settings in games.

It's fully customizable and has description's about what each setting in it does. Just click on Ship Simulator 2006 when it starts and on the right is the settings from which you can pick from, it takes just a little while to play about with, but when you've got it right you get some amazing graphics.

http://www.nhancer.com/

Hope this helps,

Matt

langev

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 23:19:12 »

I have just started SSE and Not unlike in 2008 the AA/AF is not in game so I set it up in my NVidea Card, however this time it seems to have no effect at all. I Used the VStep Viewer to set it up under which is how it worked with 2008, I also made sure that I had the latest drivers.

One thing I did notice though is that when I start it up under the NVidea display mode the option of Vstep Viewer is not there but instead is Ship Simultor 2006, but I have never owned or had SS 2006 on my PC and no matter how many times I try to add The Vstep Viewer it reverts back to SS 2006, I believe it was the same for SS 2008 however the AA/AF worked in 2008. Any Suggestions?

so, if I'm reading this right, its QuestViewer.exe and not sse.exe that needs to be tweaked in the nvidia control panel..is that correct?  Thanks...

svache

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 00:14:46 »

so, if I'm reading this right, its QuestViewer.exe and not sse.exe that needs to be tweaked in the nvidia control panel..is that correct?  Thanks...
Yep, that is correct :)

Btw, here's another nice guide which explains the settings of the nVidea control panel a bit... that way you can also see what you need to do in order to get better settings (if something has to be on or off with certain values for example): http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_6.html

rebufo82

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 03:23:42 »

CaptainPro07

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 14:03:23 »

hey guys,

sadly that tutorial doesn't help..  >:(
either trying to start as Admin, compat. on XP SP3, but didn't work.

my problem is that the AA in "screen mode" is very low,
and the AA without screen mode is very good, but there's a lot of lag of fps....

can anyone help me?

thanks!

grtz cpt. pro
PC Specs:
Mobo: ASUS P7P55D LE
CPU: Intel Core i7-860 @ 3.6Ghz
GPU: XFX ATI Radeon HD5850 Black Edition
MEM: 8GB DDR3-1333 Kingston Hyper-X
PSU: Cooler Master RealPower M620
MON: Medion MD20094
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines