Hello Guest April 24, 2024, 18:32:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: description of the missions  (Read 1611 times)

wiqvist

• Forum member
description of the missions
« on: September 02, 2010, 15:15:00 »

The messages you are given in the game about the spesific mission, does not always  tell you the truth about the mission. I mean this where you are told that there should be heavy traffic in the port. To meet 2-3 other boats in Rotterdam harbour and name that "heavy traffic", that is far from the reality. So my suggestions, to vstep and others who will create missions, describe them a bit closer to what is included in that missions.

This is of cource not a big issiue, but, it open for complaints. Why tell that there is heavy traffic when there is not. And it could have been told, in the game that there will almost be no other traffic in the. So for the future, be honest about the product and there will be less complaining.

Also on the box for the game(which also have been used in the said in the videso's of the game), it is written:
"Play authentic missions and storyline campaigns based on real events."
Where is the realism in that there is almost no traffic in the port's? Also this give the buyer a thought of something which is not there. So by saying things like this vstep open ut for complanins.

So if vstep had been honest about this game release, what is included and not, there should have been less complaining.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Bottman

• Global Moderator
Re: description of the missions
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 15:29:21 »

Your comment is according to some different points. The reason for the lack of AI is to improve the performance of the game esp. for those with lower specs on their computer. At the other hand some missions are designed by mission creators, but made by others. This seems to be not the perfect way, but there wasn't any other chance due to the tight schedule of SSE. Unfortunately. Reflecting those circumstances, the missions are well done for me. :thumbs:
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 15:47:47 »

Well, I for sure understand that it is not your fault and you are only trying to answering, so please do not take this personal.

I also understand the reason you are telling about. Now it is of cource easy to be after vice, but if vstep had been honest about their product, less persons would have complained. I also think that this reason for not having other ships is strange(did not find a better word). This year I have preordered two games, Ship Sim Extreme and Codemasters F1 2010 for pc. The Formula one game will come in the end of september, and I do think that in the F1 game there will be other cars. I do not think they have taking away the other cars, and only have 2-3 other cars on some tracks, so the game could be played on older computers.

And of cource I do like the missions in Ship Sim like you. The only thing I will say about that, is that they are too few, I have finished all missions, in four days. And that is a bit too short for a full price game in my eyes.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 16:28:25 »

All missions creators and maybe several other users too are waiting for the mission editor to fill up the single mission folder in our games. Guess we used to be patient for now, well - and I take nothing personal   :D
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines