Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 05:30:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tide- and wind affections  (Read 7600 times)

wiqvist

• Forum member
tide- and wind affections
« on: September 01, 2010, 21:53:11 »

First I will say that I enjoy SSE very much and do realy love the game, and do realy hope it will soon come some more campain and single missions updates, cause now I have finished almost all of them which were included, also the 6+2 extra single missions. But I understand that patches and updates of bugs must come first, so I hope no one take it as a complain.

And a question for the future. Is it possible to create an update for SSE so the ships react on wind and tidewaters? I mean high ships are affected by the wind, if there is strong sidewinds on a high ship so will the ship be pushed to the side. Also tide and stream would affect the ship, like if you go up a river they often have some knots stream, and that would take down the speed. Maybe it is too difficult to create this things, I dont know. Anyone who knows?

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

krisostend

• Forum member
Re: tide- and wind affections
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 19:21:04 »

Maybe it is too difficult to create this things, I dont know. Anyone who knows?

Too difficult? No, it already exists and made by VSTEP for SSP 2009/Nautis.

I wrote this a few weeks ago:

Have a look at youtube for SSpro 2.0 (Nautis) they talk about open sea current, current direction, wind direction .... There you can see a smal vessel in Dover, the vessel is blowing backwards, by the strong winds.
Ship is drifting away when she wants to leave Dover....
You can set open sea currents, current direction, current differences inside and outside the port and a lot more......

Have a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUGOwanE0RA&feature=channel  .REMOVED!!!!!!!!!!

VSTEP has this option from 2009 in his Ship Sim simulator, why can this weather simulation not be used in SSE2010? It already exist, why not use it in SSE2010? This would certainly benefit the Calais-Dover scenery. Otherwise it makes me think that SSE2010 is an add-on for SS2008, just like new horizons. We only talk about those graphics and not about the content of SSE, pity.

I can not pay 4000 euros for SSpro/Nautis.

One month ago, I saw a few Nautis movies (very detailed) that can solve
all SSE problems. But they have been removed with the realease of SSE
it is perhaps better that you havent seen those Nautis videos!! SSE may now disappointing a bit...

The new ocean system was one of the landmarks for Ship Simulator Extremes 2010! 
But I am a littel disapointed...

It would be nice to see the weater changing, wind and currents, from time to time in single missions and on the MP servers.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 19:35:04 by krisostend »

krisostend

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 19:54:13 »

I DO AGREE Heikodewal
HE / SHE WROTE THIS TODAY:

I do agree with everyone above.
I used the 2008 version with much pleasure. The extremes version was advertised as an upgrade, you needed a faster pc to play it. Now it seems we need more resources for jut a little bit better picture?
I think the average shipsimmer is interested in navigation and handling vessels and now you take that from us for this reason? We need buoys and more traffic in missions, we want more realism and not just a game.

What made FlightSim such a success story? Every version added more realism and functionality, they sold more and more of it every new version. And really, the people who need to be trained for the real job are not trained in MS FlightSim........

Biggles1975

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 20:06:54 »

Flightsim 25 years old Shipsim 5 years old. Microsoft is a big company with lots of money Vstep a small company. SSE is better than 2008 you can see they have worked hard but they still have a little way to go. But compearing FS to SSE is like compearing Bananas and Apples. Vstep are working on patches and they get to work on them alot faster than some companys. 

goodles

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 20:24:24 »

Flightsim 25 years old Shipsim 5 years old. Microsoft is a big company with lots of money Vstep a small company. SSE is better than 2008 you can see they have worked hard but they still have a little way to go. But compearing FS to SSE is like compearing Bananas and Apples. Vstep are working on patches and they get to work on them alot faster than some companys. 

agree! and also just a wee note, look at Microsoft, have they EVER brought out a new peice of software (or bigger, operating system) with no bugs in it?

krisostend

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 21:49:14 »

VSTEP has everything to turn SSE into a simulator.
The content should provide more than those graphics.

With some minor adjustments (navigation,wind,currents,...) they can make from the game SSE a non professional simulation. We want not only play but also learn something!! This is good for sales and current problems are solved. Why can we not buy Nautis updates for SSE? It tooks more than one year to change SSP into a game and it will take less time to change SSE into a simulator.

They have done a nice job! But a little bit more S... simulator E... can not hut.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 21:53:04 by krisostend »

Heikodewal

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 21:57:07 »

I was not comparing Microsoft with Vstep. What I try to make clear is that Ship Sim 2008 is a simulator, SSE is a game. MS Flightsim started as a simulator and step by step became a better simulator. You needed more and more skills to use each newer version.
It is OK if Vstep wants to sell a 'simulator' that is easier to use, but then again, when are we getting a new version of SS2008 with more functionality.
And if you look at Nautis, if VSTEP put only 10% of that functionality in SS2008 it would be so much better....

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 22:00:55 »

Too difficult? No, it already exists and made by VSTEP for SSP 2009/Nautis.

I wrote this a few weeks ago:

Have a look at youtube for SSpro 2.0 (Nautis) they talk about open sea current, current direction, wind direction .... There you can see a smal vessel in Dover, the vessel is blowing backwards, by the strong winds.
Ship is drifting away when she wants to leave Dover....
You can set open sea currents, current direction, current differences inside and outside the port and a lot more......

Nautis costs 4000 euro, while ShipSim Extremes costs 40 euro.. Why on earth would a nautical institute buy Nautis if they could have the same for 1/10 of the price? :) That's why wind and tidal have no effect in SSE.
It's the crew that makes the difference

Heikodewal

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 22:12:58 »

Then create a ShipSimulator game with more functionality as a new version for SS2008. We don't need all functionality fron Nautis, only SS2008 + a little bit more.....  ;D

krisostend

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 22:26:20 »

Nautis costs 4000 euro, while ShipSim Extremes costs 40 euro.. Why on earth would a nautical institute buy Nautis if they could have the same for 1/10 of the price? :) That's why wind and tidal have no effect in SSE.

Nautis is more than just wind and currents... and SSE (slightly) less than a simulator.
Nice game not a sim...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 22:30:29 by krisostend »

krisostend

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 22:37:31 »

Ballast

Have a look to this:

http://www.nautissim.com/

and this

http://www.shipsim.com/

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 22:42:26 by krisostend »

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 11:46:16 »

Thank you for some interesting answer.

With looking at Nautis, so do I not understand why Ship Simulator Extreme looks like it do. This is a real simulator, which I supose is working. The ships included there seems to be the same as in SSE, with much more details to controle and many more things which affect the controle of a ship. And the computer a person need to run this real simulator does not need to be so extremly much more powerful. So what I do not understand is why SSE have been so difficult to produce when Vstep have this real simulator. But I do know very little about creating a program so may be some one will explain this for me.

I for sure like both SS2008 and the new game, but as some other persons have said here so is the name simulator, not so very close to what a simulator realy is. To controle a ship, there is so many many more things than just move it forward and backwards and steer to left and right, so some more details to take controle over, would make it mort to look like a simulator. For example, would anyone name a game where you drive a car on roads with no other traffic and only the four directions to controle, a car simulator, I would not?

But, I have hopes and think this boat game some day will become a ship simulator, cause it have the oppurtunity to do so.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 12:02:22 »

Ballast

Have a look to this:

http://www.nautissim.com/

and this

http://www.shipsim.com/

I spend a lot of hours on simulators during my training so i do know where i'm talking about. The wind and tide effect was just an example. Ofcours Nautis can do alot more then that!  ;D
It's the crew that makes the difference

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 12:46:32 »

If you want all the features of Nautis into SSE2010, you need a very powerfull computer, much more powerfull than neded for SSE2010! And it would take you much more from your wallet than with SSE2010.

JoMach

• Dutch Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 13:20:58 »

If you want all the features of Nautis into SSE2010, you need a very powerfull computer, much more powerfull than neded for SSE2010! And it would take you much more from your wallet than with SSE2010.
And a lot of money more ;D to spend

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 13:48:55 »

And a lot of money more ;D to spend

Indeed! :thumbs:

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 14:16:17 »

I for sure understand that a computer needs to be more powerfull to run the simulator than this game, and I think almost understand that.

But if you compare the requierments for the simulator and what is needed to play this game, so do you need a much more powerful computer for the game than for the simulator if you compare what is included.

But as I said before so do I hope that it soon will come some updates and patches to make the game looklike a simulator.

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 02:54:14 »

I think I've read this before.

I am no marine expert, but I doubt that a nautical school would use a game to train its students. We need to separate this. VSTEP can have a simulator for the masses, and a completely system for schools. How? Well, first of all, I don't really think that a regular SSE player is able to use a real radar, nor to control efficiently a ballast "system", or other more technical things without needing to be a marine expert. If SSE needs a more real radar? Yes, more accurate, and maybe with some other "simple" options.

Is also very important that a school simulator has real "hardware/tools" to interact with the game, well, for SSE even the most simple solution is expensive, not to talk about Praxis DP.

We could have a lot more control/options, but some are more important for schools, than for the purpose of playing, and having fun. I like to learn, but I think that a regular player wouldn't be interested in spending hours just to know how to handle a ship.

For me, SSE is the only ship simulator with quality, that gives me pleasure to play, and also to time to learn. Now when I see ships coming into the harbour, I try to see how they manoeuvre, and how tugs work, and now I am starting to understand a little bit more why. This is the magic of SS.

I know that for VSTEP, a more arcade game sells more, and profit is the main objective, but I really believe that VSTEP can create a simulator between Power Boat GT, and Nautis ;D

Sorry for my English :2thumbs:

Heikodewal

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 22:44:53 »

I think I've read this before.

I am no marine expert, but I doubt that a nautical school would use a game to train its students. We need to separate this. VSTEP can have a simulator for the masses, and a completely system for schools. How? Well, first of all, I don't really think that a regular SSE player is able to use a real radar, nor to control efficiently a ballast "system", or other more technical things without needing to be a marine expert. If SSE needs a more real radar? Yes, more accurate, and maybe with some other "simple" options.

Is also very important that a school simulator has real "hardware/tools" to interact with the game, well, for SSE even the most simple solution is expensive, not to talk about Praxis DP.

We could have a lot more control/options, but some are more important for schools, than for the purpose of playing, and having fun. I like to learn, but I think that a regular player wouldn't be interested in spending hours just to know how to handle a ship.

For me, SSE is the only ship simulator with quality, that gives me pleasure to play, and also to time to learn. Now when I see ships coming into the harbour, I try to see how they manoeuvre, and how tugs work, and now I am starting to understand a little bit more why. This is the magic of SS.

I know that for VSTEP, a more arcade game sells more, and profit is the main objective, but I really believe that VSTEP can create a simulator between Power Boat GT, and Nautis ;D

Sorry for my English :2thumbs:

I agree and I am also willing to pay more for this ïn between"simulator....
Maybe an option for Vstep to check out if more simmers are interested?

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 22:56:03 »

Well, I believe that SSE should occupied this position, it's already a good simulator, but it can be upgraded. :thumbs:

krisostend

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 12:01:49 »

I am interested!
And we could pay for some(Nautis) upgrades...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 12:05:10 by krisostend »

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2010, 16:38:23 »

The thing that I dont like, is that all the effort put into greenpeace and tourist total drama 'extreme' action.
Is effort that allso could have been put into the simulator part like krisostend and Heikodewal say.

I am shure that this will attract a big new audience, but the people who love it biceaus of the simulator feel unheard.

But I have to say, a lot of features that have been asked for are now in the game.

krisostend

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2010, 20:48:35 »

The thing that I dont like, is that all the effort put into greenpeace and tourist total drama 'extreme' action.
Is effort that allso could have been put into the simulator part like krisostend and Heikodewal say.

I am shure that this will attract a big new audience, but the people who love it biceaus of the simulator feel unheard.

But I have to say, a lot of features that have been asked for are now in the game.

You're right Sam!! I do not like those greenpeace campaigns!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines