Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 20:23:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Last chance - black screen at startup  (Read 1798 times)

snokket

• Forum member
[SOLVED] Last chance - black screen at startup
« on: September 01, 2010, 16:59:57 »

I have install from disc, i have install from steam nothing works for me. Allways black screen :evil:
Now i deleted the Ship sim folder under steam and run cc cleaner. Done every tipp you posted here.
So i am download last time now and try, other wise i go back to store on saturday and demand that i shall have my 40 dollar back so i can buy it from vstep direct. If the refuse i go to the [Swedish] National Board for Consumer Complaints becuse it feels like I've been properly taken in.. i have purchase a game that i t thought i gonna be able to play..The most company get scared when you start to talk about them.. ;D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 17:18:14 by Denis »

Denis

• Global Moderator
Re: Last chance
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 17:11:07 »

Hi Snokket,

Can you please follow those directives :

A few users have reported a black screen problem at startup.
A fix for some users experiencing this problem is to run the file "unregister.exe" from your installation root folder.

For STEAM versions that is default: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ship simulator extremes\unregister.exe
For non-STEAM versions that is default: C:\Program Files\Vstep\ShipSimExtremes\unregister.exe

That should do the trick. Please take note that this deletes your profile and license key info, so you will have to enter that again when you startup the game.

Frank

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,20593.0/topicseen.html

and report us the result, please ?!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 17:12:44 by Denis »

snokket

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 17:15:06 »

It works!!  Yes as you tell i try that "unregister.exe" first then i deleted the folder and as you say you have to enter key again....

Please keep it suitable for all ages. Ballast  :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 17:16:33 by Ballast »

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 17:16:41 »

Nice to read that, have fun ! :thumbs:

I modified your topic initial subject, in order to give other players more indications about the content of your post ;)

snokket

• Forum member
Re: [SOLVED] Last chance - black screen at startup
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 17:26:33 »

cool.. i dident know what that "unregister:exe" was so i pressed and nothing happen.. But something happens that you dont see. I was angry and deleted the sse folder under steam and run cc cleaner and there was lots of files that belonged to sse.. removed them and when i start steam there was no ikon that sse was on comp as it was befor after unstall.. and now i had to put in key again and it start down loaded ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines