Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 14:54:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship handling  (Read 1704 times)

Apejens

• Forum member
Ship handling
« on: September 01, 2010, 12:22:14 »

I've just been sailing the "Esperanza" for a while now, and I have a few things to mark.

- She's quite difficult to move sideways. A twin screw ship with a bow thruster should move sideways much quicker than what she does in the game.

- Speed of propeller pitch. I've almost exclusively been working on ships with CP propeller my whole career, and none of them has had such a slow pitch as the "Esperanza". While I can surely understand that bigger ships' CPP move more slowly, a ship on this size would have a much quicker response.
(This goes for a few of the other ships too)

-The controls of some of the other ships: Why put a wheel on the PoR instead of a follow-up control?
And based from experience from a few ships, your steering control on the "Esperanza" is indeed the controls
for a bow thruster made by Norwegian manufacturer Brunvoll  ;D

Still very pleased witht he game, though  :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 12:28:05 by Apejens »

Arban

• Forum member
Re: Ship handling
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 07:58:50 »

The Engine RPM?? most of the engine is running at 750 rpm, 900 rpm or something like that. exept caterpillar V engines runs at 1800 rpm..( Diesel electric) But Most of the "bigger" ships is under 300 rpm... That can not be rpm on screws eighter.

And I wonder that Esperanza is an Hybrid boat, because of I have to give much pitch before Any RPM on screws begin to rais... But its not 100% correct eighter.. The whole point is to have as low RPM as possible on screws, ( High RPM on big shafts and propellers are expensive to run) Save fuel, and run the propellers at low rpm and in stead increase the pitch :)

Esperanza is very sensitive from 100% throttle to 30% throttle... even at 30% pitch it runs at almost 10 knots :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines