Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 06:27:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to buy SSE in US?  (Read 1910 times)

shamuboy

• Forum member
Where to buy SSE in US?
« on: August 30, 2010, 19:58:36 »

I'm ditching the download version. It's not working at all for me and I was wondering has anyone bought the game here in the US yet? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Best Buy says it's backordered. It's not available at Gamestop, Target, Or Wal-Mart. And I can't order it online cause my dad cut up the credit card. :O Can anyone help me?

Biggles1975

• Forum member
Re: Where to buy SSE in US?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 21:44:46 »

Where did you buy your download from steam or vstep? The vstep one seems to work ok for most people not quite the case with the steam or paradox box version.

Gilligan

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 21:49:41 »

Where did you buy your download from steam or vstep? The vstep one seems to work ok for most people not quite the case with the steam or paradox box version.

That's what I came here to say.

After seeing all the complaints about the Steam version, I chose to buy the vstep one. It downloaded quickly (within 20 minutes) and installed without a problem. So far i've put several hours into it and it hasn't crashed.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 21:51:04 »

Hi gilligan,

You are right, this version of Ship Simulator is ironically the most stable version. Once it works the game is very stable and will run for hours :)

I noticed too that the game will switch windows too, much better than SS08 :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

matt5674

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 23:00:25 »

by hearing the good sides of SSE, I am preparing my PC for SSE.

osterob

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 23:51:11 »

I bought the download version directly from VStep and have had no problems what-so-ever running or playing the game.

If given the option, I buy programs directly from the developers. When I do that, in my mind, all my money goes directly to them for the fruits of their labor and to help fund future development without having to give a cut to publishers and distributors.

Cathay 787

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 02:23:15 »

I'm ditching the download version. It's not working at all for me and I was wondering has anyone bought the game here in the US yet? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Best Buy says it's backordered. It's not available at Gamestop, Target, Or Wal-Mart. And I can't order it online cause my dad cut up the credit card. :O Can anyone help me?

I ordered first week of August from VStep. (live in Northeast US)

Package arrived Aug 24th!   Installed in less than 10 mins.  No problems whatsoever as of now.  

Cheers
To each is own.  Peace.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines