Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 00:15:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help!  (Read 3836 times)

alex walker

• Forum member
Please help!
« on: September 01, 2007, 22:39:02 »

I know this is in the wrong place but i don currently own ship simulater 2008 i own the latter (2006) but i have downloaded the latest drivers and i have a 128 mb graphics card just when i run the demo (to see if my laptop runs he specs) the water is not blue it is grey but in the stormy area out in the solent the water is black is it supposed to be like that and if not is there a way to fix it.

Cheers Alex

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
Re: Please help!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 22:51:00 »

Hiya Alex :)

Sounds like your PC has too low a spec to run Ship Simulator 2008, if you can post details of your FULL spec, we can maybe advise you of where your spec is lacking :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

alex walker

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 23:21:04 »

Advent
Full Specification
Dedicated/Shared Graphics Memory Shared 
Graphics Chipset Intel 945GM 
Data Link Protocol 802.11a/b/g 
Price at Launch 499 GBP
Touchpad Yes 
Audio Outputs Stereo Headphones/Speaker 
Speakers Stereo 
Dimensions 355 x 35.2 x 254 mm (w x h x d)
Weight (kg) 2.7 kg
Installed RAM (MB) 1024 MB
No. of USB Ports 4 
CD Read Speed 24 x
CD Write Speed 24 x
DVD Read Speed 8 x
DVD Write Speed 6 x
HDD Capacity (GB) 80 GB
Processor Speed (GHz) 1.6 GHz
Processor Type Intel Core Duo 
Operating System Windows XP MCE 2005 
Optical Storage CD-RW/DVD Combo 
Display Resolution 1280 x 800 
Display Standard WXGA 
Display Type TFT 
Laptop Display Size 15.4 inches
Notebooks & Tablet PCs Display Size 15.4 inches (diagonal)
Battery Life 3 Hours
Type of Battery Required Lithium-Ion 

lol Full specs

Cheers m8

Alex

alex walker

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 23:49:16 »

and i know the processor is 1.60 G but its a duo core processor

Hawk233

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 23:53:20 »

It looks like your Graphics Card is quite a bit outdated, try getting an Nvidia or an ATI...I dont know how to upgrade laptops, but i think (not Sure) Nvidia makes laptop Graphics cards. Hope that helps!

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 00:26:10 »

Just as Hawk233 says, your problem is here:

Dedicated/Shared Graphics Memory Shared 
Graphics Chipset Intel 945GM

That is on-board graphics, dedicated is always best, especially for games.  If possible, upgrading this is the best way to resolve the issue.  I see it's a Laptop, upgrading is not always possible with these unfortunately, you may need a new PC/Laptop.

Hope this answers your question and thanks Hawk233 :)

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

alex walker

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 12:29:59 »

Cheers i dont think i will be able to upgrade this laptop , Doh! ahwell i will see about upgrading old pc
cheers and thanks alot

Alex

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 12:31:29 »

Cheers i dont think i will be able to upgrade this laptop , Doh! ahwell i will see about upgrading old pc
cheers and thanks alot

Alex

All the best with getting that sorted :)

You are very welcome :)

Regards.

DJM.

francisjazzr

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 12:39:39 »

'm tyrd, it says here ryt now, There is no Ship Simulator license key registered on your system, i dnt know wat happen to this game, this are jst my problem the license key, men will you plz help me on this? i wnt to play this game, can i ask a license key for you, jst once, plz help me work this game, thnx so much...

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 12:41:31 »

'm tyrd, it says here ryt now, There is no Ship Simulator license key registered on your system, i dnt know wat happen to this game, this are jst my problem the license key, men will you plz help me on this? i wnt to play this game, can i ask a license key for you, jst once, plz help me work this game, thnx so much...

Ok, enough.  As I have already stated, a licence key will not be provided.  Did you buy this game?  If you did, where did you buy it from?

I may be able to assist you in retrieving a licence key, but one WILL NOT be provided.

francisjazzr

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 12:53:19 »

ok, i bought this game in the mall here n our country here in philippines, 'm realy tyrd finding the license key, no one can provide me license key, most of my tym searchng online jst to get license key, findng nd hoping to get one, bt all i know ryt now s to ask someone cn gve me a license key, ohh... ok thank you so much... thnks for the tym...  :)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 12:55:42 »

ok, i bought this game in the mall here n our country here in philippines, 'm realy tyrd finding the license key, no one can provide me license key, most of my tym searchng online jst to get license key, findng nd hoping to get one, bt all i know ryt now s to ask someone cn gve me a license key, ohh... ok thank you so much... thnks for the tym...  :)

Ok, I have a question in response to that.  If you bought the game, why would you need to search for a licence key?

Asking for a licence key on the forums is unacceptable behaviour and will not be tolerated.  Any further requests for a licence key and those posts will be removed.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 13:01:58 »

As stated, post removed francisjazzr.  However you choose to provide details, they will be removed.  If you want a licence key, buy the game.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2007, 13:08:04 »

Ok, francisjazzr I see you're ignoring me completely.  You have been asked, now you are being informed.  Stop this behaviour immediately.

This issue has been reported.  I will issue no more messages regarding this, your posts will be removed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines