Hello Guest April 30, 2024, 02:35:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Positive things about shipsim extremes.  (Read 12903 times)

Jimpaf

• Forum member
Re: Positive things about shipsim extremes.
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2010, 14:05:50 »

Well I gonna get of your backs now, but I guess you'll see mine aswell as others point in this.

The game looks wonderful refering to the pictures and trailers I've seen, but these problems doesn't really share paying costumers up.
Also, Steam isen't more secure then anything else, there will always be other people in lead.
So I would consider another possibility until next time.

I just hope this doesn't get worse, cause if people complain now, as it takes more time to solve this issue the worse it will get.

But I for one feels kinda foolish to have bought the game now, if I had known this I've never bought the game.

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2010, 14:36:03 »

Guys can we please keep this thread positive please?

Any further posts that are to a negative effect WILL be removed without notice. You have been warned ;)

Now, anyone else like SSE?

Regards,
Adam
If you ask the question... Yes i love it. Just one thing negative... The box, i haven't got the manual is it normal ???

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 14:39:57 »

Hi Jean,

Browse to the folder directory for ship simulator in your program files and the manual should be there :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2010, 14:41:18 »

Hi Jean,

Browse to the folder directory for ship simulator in your program files and the manual should be there :)
Ok thanks but why the manual isn't on paper in the box ???

You have write 1888 post! great number and 3 8. ;D

svenuske1

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 15:07:56 »

I just got the boxed version ; THE GAME LOOKS BAD !!!  :'( :(

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2010, 15:10:29 »

Jean - No I don't think they included a paper copy of the manual since it may not fit in the box.

svenuske1 - In what way does the game look bad? Have your turned the graphics up to high?
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

blaster25dk

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2010, 15:50:44 »

I like the two RIBS and Rainbow Warrior, and I must say that the water is beautifully made when selecting high detail.
Intel Core I7 860, GeForce GTX 285, 8 GB RAM, 2 SSD disks in RAID 0, Windows 7 64 bit.

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2010, 16:39:29 »

The water system is amazing! I've just finnished free roam with the Esperanza. And I'm still swaying now  :-X
Fortunately I made it to Greenpeace World park safely!  :doh:

And the light feature is great!

8 different presets, the one in the pic is the lights for meaning im anchored up
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 16:45:59 by Matthew Brown »

TheZenMeister

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2010, 16:52:47 »

I think that the complete game is improved compared with SS08.

-Ship behaviour
-The ocean system
-Textures
-Sounds
-Graphics are improved
-Deployables
-Azimuths on the Bugsier 2
-Environments are far more better and detailed compared with SS08

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2010, 18:49:00 »

Great to hear your patience is rewarded Mathew, I also just received the game.. :)
No problems with installing, and my first impression is : wow, very nice graphics ! Fortunately it runs well with my not-so-modern system..
The rest will take some getting used to, especially with my favourite, the Red Eagle.. ;D

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2010, 18:50:13 »

Hi Salty!

What is your system again? PM me if you would, I will get told off by myself for being offtopic! ;D

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2010, 18:54:04 »

It just meets the requirements: Windows XP, Pentium4 / 3Ghz, Geforce 8800GT, 3 Gb RAM..
I think it is still on topic, that an "old" system has no problems running the game.. :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 18:58:32 by saltydog »

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2010, 20:51:41 »

I agree, I have a 2.4Ghz single core AMD Athlon processor, 2GB DDR400 RAM and a GeForce GTX 260. I get about 6-10 FPS if I overclock my CPU to 2.5Ghz.

Anyway, I'm waffling again... ;D

Chitch

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2010, 21:31:15 »

Mine runs fine too...very smooth....Compaq with an AMD Athalon II dual core processor (2.8 Ghz), 3 GB ram, and a GeForce 9500 GT with 1 GB...smooth as silk.

Jim

shipping

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2010, 21:33:14 »

I have bought it on shipsim. Very happy. It runs very well and graphics are beautiful. Deployable boats are a very good idea. Next time functional crane on M/V Javelin? it would be awesome :2thumbs:)

MrTitanic

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2010, 23:29:08 »

These could be answers to some of the questions i've seen regulary
The reason it hasn't arrived is because its new and alot slower if you got it much later like a month it'd come alot faster i got mine from Amazon via pre-order and it arrived 3 days after release.
The reason the game is buggy in several area is because the game was released early VSTEP could either release it early with a few bugs that will be killed off by future patches or delay the launch and get angry emails from people who were promised they'd get there copy on a set date.
The bugs are very irritating the game is more demanding than Crysis which as we know needs a space shuttle of a computer to run.
anyways i hope i've cleared out at least something to the members of the ShipSim community

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2010, 23:47:23 »

Dover-Calais...

what more can be said...

:blush:

It is just great  :2thumbs:

Oasis

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2010, 00:06:19 »

• Orient Star Textures: Beautiful blue on white texture really makes this ship stand out from the rest, it's a beauty watching her sail though the waves.
  • Water Textures: Probably the best water textures I have ever seen in a game to date, VSTEP really did a great job here and at the moment I haven't seen any problem with the water textures, no bugs, no glitches. So they should give themselves a pat on the back for the water quality.

I have currently un-installed Ship Simulator Extremes as it gave dreadful performance even when i'm using an i7 core processor and a GTX 260M graphics card, plus the bugs and glitches elsewhere in the game made the game unplayable for me. Not to mention there being no built in Anti-Aliasing and the use of STEAM I also consider bad choices.

When VSTEP fixes these problems, Ship Simulator Extremes I personally think when we all look back at which Simulator was the one that made what Ship Simulator is, it will be Ship Sim Extremes, it simply is beautiful when you get it working to how the screenshots and trailers look.

Until that time though, i'll stick with the good old Ship Simulator 2008, still does everything I want, missions, free roam, multiplayer and runs great on my computer at max graphics.

Oasis

dragongfx

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2010, 11:37:15 »

Dover-Calais...

what more can be said...

:blush:

It is just great  :2thumbs:

Agree with u there i love to sail this route. But i wish there was ai ship,s in free roam there. :P

LorenzoJ

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2010, 14:56:27 »

I have a somewhat older off the shelf HP Pavillion dv7 notebook. I routinely get rid of unnecessary background and startup programs and defrag regularly. Good but nothing special

The program dowloaded and ran without problem. Game grahics are set to the higher end. Ship movement. wake and waves are very fluid. Just finished the Taxi Tour mission in Marseille. That little boat looks good moving fast to me - inside or outside camera views. Racing back to the liner with the dark clouds moving in is behind you is just great

Are there little glitches, shortcoming and growing pains. Sure. But in the meantime I'm having a blast with the sim while still looking forward to the upgrades and improvements which will surely come in time. I'll happily take the sim as is for now rather then wait forever for "perfect". And "as is" is actually pretty good.

PS I also have Ship Sim 2006 and 2008 with all available ships. upgrades and add-ons
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 15:08:57 by LorenzoJ »

LorenzoJ

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2010, 18:05:27 »

Just finished the fire and rescue in Bora-Bora misssion. The water cannon is great. Also having to actually work at finding people in the water instead of having highly visable but unrealistic green circles around them is hard but much more satisfying. I really had trouble finding the last person. I also like watching the crewmen on the cutter deck  walk around. Adds to the atmosphere
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines