Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 00:51:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug Fix List  (Read 48775 times)

Osprey

• Forum member
Re: Bug Fix List
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2010, 00:49:13 »

When in Marseille I have noted the water level is rather high, flooding some features, but not as much as in the screen shot shown in the earlier note.

So yes,  there may be some issues with water levels.

Interesting problem ;D

I haven't seen anything like it when I've been in Marseille!
- Richard +
(Osprey)

jfail

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2010, 00:50:17 »

Hi jfail,

SSE can have two sea states in an environment: An open sea one and one for harbors. You can see the transition in Dover, Padstow, and Marseilles because these environments have large areas of open sea.
Environments that are principally harbors do not have a “sea” area; the waves are capped at a mild chop. This includes SF, NY, R’dam, and HBG.
Regards,
Marty

That makes sense, however, it should be pointed out in the manual.  I can guarantee you that the locations provided outside the Golden Gate Bridge certainly are not calm water.   I have traversed that area hundreds of times during my career in the U.S. Coast Guard.  Of course it would be a lot calmer inside the bay but not the area defaulted in SSE.  If the calm water is so necessary inside the bay how come the cutter is still rolling when transiting the Oakland-Alameda estuary which is still flat calm water?  I also have transited that area hundreds of times since the U.S. Coast Guard base where most of the 378 foot cutters are stationed is well back in that estuary.

Certainly SSE should allow high winds etc. while in a harbor but not large waves of course.
John
U.S. Coast Guard (Retired 1977)

mvsmith

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2010, 03:33:44 »

Yes, the manual is pretty sketchy, but it covers the really vital things like how to avoid a grand mal while playing.

Eventually there will be a more complete Missions Manual similar to the one for SS 2008, but I'm not going to tackle it until most of the bugs are fixed and the mission/scenario editor is released.
Meanwhile, I’ll try to collect some wisdom here:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,19793.0.html

xevius

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2010, 10:36:42 »

add the smoke from the chimneys and water leaving the engine, sorry for bad english :-\

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2010, 18:52:37 »

What's up with the staircase in Vermaas!?
So I'm in the Antarctic and set the throttles full ahead.
I go to the staircase that goes along the inside of the ship from the bridge.
And I was just going down and down and down and down, then I thought "How the hec can it have this many stairs" I went down the stairs atleast 20 times, so I look up to see how far I've gone and all behold I can see the bridge door right there above me like I'd only gone down one set of stairs  :doh:

I then went onto panoramic view outside, and I hadn't moved? Depth: Max; Speed: 9knots and increasing.
Yet I could see my wake coming out.
So I went to have another go at the stairs and still the same problem  :-\
Any ideas?! Pic attached...

Very frustrating, needless to say I could not escape the haunted ship as the lifeboats were only accessible by going down the stairs!

REXXX

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2010, 20:48:11 »

Yes I realized the same problem. I noticed you can only go down one flight of stairs. That's a problem....... But when the depth says max that means the water is 500+ meters down so it says max. But I also realized that some ships that you could fully explore are not much explorable anymore. And that's bull crap. My next question is why would vstep rip us off???... With all these problems...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 18:19:44 by REXXX »

freeciv

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2010, 04:16:32 »

Also with the stairs going down stairs is so slow it takes forever to walk down, up is fine but down is too slow.
Gone fishing            Thanks pdpx7 for the great sig!

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2010, 08:42:55 »

When I mentioned the depth, that was another problem  :doh:I wasnt moving so I couldn't have gone aground!

REXXX

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2010, 15:53:20 »

yea and walking extremely slow :thumbdown:

svache

• Forum member
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2010, 12:11:07 »

yea and walking extremely slow :thumbdown:
Keep shift pressed while you walk around, it goes a lot faster when you do that :)

REXXX

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2010, 14:23:31 »

I know shift makes you walk faster but it's still to slow

captain M

• Forum member
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2010, 19:01:28 »

This game doesn't has to be a game.. It is So amaturistic ,nothing works.
how can you pay 45€ for this... This is the biggest mistake ever!!

How can you deliver a game like this..!!

mvsmith

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2010, 19:43:15 »

How can you deliver a game like this..!!

In various ways. How did yours arrive?

coryt415

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2010, 20:56:40 »

lol  :2thumbs:

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2010, 21:06:01 »

This is not a bug, but I think the sails should be removed or made working on the sail ship. And sail should go down when moored. Hopefully so will wind affect all ships one day, as it does in the reality.

The navigation lights are not working complete on all ships, like towing on the Cutter turn of all lights.

Sigita does not role from side to side, just the bow goes up and down(at least in the first single mission for her).

The lighthouses are not turned on during night.

A simulator game should simulate the reality, SSE should simulate the reality of beeing in controle of a ship, but what is beeing simulated of the reality is very very little. And in the info about the game it is written that you are the Captain of the ship, but you are not the captain. A captain knows a little bit more about a journey with a ship than that he should take the ship to the next waypoint. Even a deckhand knows more and controle more on a ship than what is simulated in this game now. But hopefully so will this game be much better with more patches.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Birder

• Forum member
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2010, 10:57:47 »

SSE is my first Shipsim and compared to all i read before buying it i was looking forward to it. In pricing its not a cheap title but for what you get and how bad it is its almost unplayable and a rip off.

I dont want my money back, i just want things putting right. So today i have given up on it until they fix some of the bugs.

Most annoying is going aground in the white area and sinking for little reason. Lack of Ai and bouys is rather silly as this is the game. I am amazed that ships sink and then come up like a yoyo. VStep must have been aware of some of the bugs before release, if not I suggest they replace their beta testers (If they have any).

So my question is about Patching SSE. It has been quoted as being a week on release date, and VStep have still not given any time frame,

So seriously VStep, when will the first patch be ready

I think with all the problems there is in SSE VStep could at least give us a date. They need to do this to get some of thier good name back.

In sims i race iRacing and they put out patches all the time, and i would rather have a lot of small patches that fix items, and so make the bug list smaller than waiting forever for a "cure all".

VStep must have fixed some points by now so why dont they release the fix.

In gaming you often find that a patch is still not quite right and also makes more bugs so small and often is best.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 11:00:54 by Birder »

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2010, 11:10:20 »

Don't worry about getting your money back, because you won't   ;D
The new patch will be sometime in the next weeks, bite it..

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2010, 11:33:47 »

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but in Dover, when you approach the hoverpad, it... disappears from some angles  :-\

As well as some quayside as well

dragongfx

• Forum member
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2010, 11:41:33 »

This Game need a Patch now.

It,s not near to be finish. Mine bug  are the whole game exept wather and dover calais. and the ships look nice and the landscape. but the rest are a big bug.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2010, 11:51:42 »

I know what you mean FM, seen in center view things go missing, and appear again when panning to the side..
It's odd..

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2010, 11:55:39 »

yes, especilly when you are trying to get the hovercraft on the pad, but not on the pad

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2010, 11:57:55 »

yes, especilly when you are trying to get the hovercraft on the pad, but not on the pad
This has been passed on to v-step did you take pics ?
                                                                                          Eric

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2010, 11:59:37 »

I can take pics  :thumbs:

*goes off to get some  :doh:

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2010, 12:12:10 »

OK here you go - thuis is in Camera 1 view, but its the same as camera 2

the pad and surroundings appear in some angles, but not others

*possibly related to camera 3s tendency to lose the view after about 0.5 miles, and side views get a little extra

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2010, 12:29:37 »

Hi FM
The pics and comments forwarded to v-step  :thumbs:
                                                                         Eric
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines