Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 12:35:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug Fix List  (Read 48784 times)

--tractorman--

• Forum member
Bug Fix List
« on: August 28, 2010, 17:56:45 »

Here's something for you to do VSTEP, fix this list of things..

reply with stuff to add

• Can't berth the hovercraft at dover or calais
  • Missing life rafts
  • Red Eagle berth at Cowes has no collision

« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 20:02:49 by --tractorman-- »

Finn700

• Forum member
Re: Bug Fix List
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 19:33:59 »

No virtual controls visible when on deck, or am I missing something?
Not able to put controls precisely on idle when using keyboard, or am I missing something?
Analog throttle control not working properly (full throttle when it's on idle)

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 20:22:58 »

Hello Finn700,
Virtual controls, screen overlays, can be accessed by "tabbing" in succession, as default keyboard setting, to be modified with the menu Options -> Controls. The engine reset keys can also be chosen in this menu, but the menu options can no longer be accessed while running a mission/situation.
Someone else should give a hint about analog controls, if you meant gamepad, control unit or something like that .
Regards,
Luc

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 23:23:39 »

Ahoy Sealords and Ladies
Here are some annoying/irritating bugs(?) I found.
No life-Boat on the Bonus-Vessel Sigita. (out of money?)
Distance to WP isn't in Nautical Miles but in Meters (Where is my calculator?)
In Sound-Options no Radio Volume slider and, off course, no Radio Chatter (Secret missions with absolute Radio-Silence?)
Can't make in program screenshots - (Top-Secret vessels & Environment?  No Photos allowed ?) I have to use FRAPS or another tool to make screenshots.
No Tutorial mission after installing the game, also no other missions (yet). (Mission Builder to expensieve for € 39,99)
A warning about teleportation in mid-mission would be appreciated. First time it happened I thought I had a Freeze-Up.
And last but not least: No printed Manual, just a pdf file. (Q. to my wife: have you seen that hard-copy of the Manual? A: I thought it was some advertising junk, put it in the cat litter box)
One positieve thing:
According to the manual you can't use the Greenpeace vessel in Free Roaming. Well You can :thumbs:
Nevertheless
Kind Regards
Aad
<edit
Added a bug
end edit>
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 17:23:10 by Aad The Pirate »
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

laganviking

• Forum member
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

tward1951

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 02:41:11 »

Hello, also on the first game I almost ended there is no direction for to go. The message says moor at designated Southampton pier, but no indication on where the pier is. No way point, nothing. Can anybody help on this?  There are also no lifeboats on the Ocean Star either. Thanks !
Tony

matt5674

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 02:46:48 »

Tward, the OS is now called Orient Star, and the Southampton Pier for the ship is near the Red Funnel Terminal in Southampton at North West where the Titanic set sailed. And the Orient Star has no lifeboats because it is a Cruise ship from Hell (Meaning Lifeboatless)

svache

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 04:24:04 »

Here's some more bugs:

- IJsselhaven in R'dam was written as Ijsselhaven on the map (I know it is a minor thing, but it is improper Dutch).
- Orient star runs aground in the mission where you have to moor at night in Southampton, when you're still 10 meters/30 feet away from the quay (the mission doesn't work exactly correct because of that imho).
- When you hit the quay with a speed of even less than 1 knot, you risk to have your vessel severely damaged and even sink.
- No lights in the control room at night (or at least, I couldn't find them). With the exception of the ship's navigation lights, it's practically a ghost ship lol.
- Not really a bug, but something we really should have more of: AI ships... I never seen Rotterdam this empty, for example.
- AI ships that are around do not exactly follow the rules.
- When selecting the weather and such in free roam, often the day becomes black with some selections.
- The yacht that you use in the first Orient Star mission to go to the Orient Star looks as if it has a major leak, lol.. The water is not only splashing outside, but also inside the ship... doesn't seem right.
- Again not really a bug but something that would be nice to see: a random character on the bridge behind the steering wheel in walk-around mode or fly-by mode. Again, it feels like ghost ships (I had that in '06 and '08 as well, but kind of hoped to see that now).
- In the first Greenpeace mission, the Vermaas sails away but when it hits the edge of the map, it keeps going back and forth... it wants to leave but it obviously hits an invisible wall.. either let him leave or just disappear, this just looks wrong.

I had some more but was doing this out of the top of my head. Will write them down next time so I wont forget about them :)

agekiel

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 10:24:55 »

Hello,
i have some bugs to
- there are no bouys
- there is no walkthrough on the bridge of the Jumbo
- there is no spray effect behind the boats, when youre starting the engine a.s.o.
- the landungsbrücken in Hamburg are under water
- if you using the anchor you see an ugly thread, in ss08 there was a beautyful chain.
Ok, i think the problems with the missing lifeboats on the oriental star and the missing smoke effects are known.

The game looks fantastic, i hope they will patch these things in the next days and months, and it will be a great simulation game ;)

PS: im sorry about my english, is just school english, but i did my best.

retouw43

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 12:02:20 »

The Walktrough on the Freemdom 90 is very wierd. You can only walk on the roof. (Not even on the 'path' betwene the railings)
I also had problems in Calais (Dover enviorment), becouse the entier city was under water.

Sorry for my English, it's my second year I have it on school

Mijn systeem:

Intel i7-2600
ASUS 7870 2GB
4GB RAM
Samsung 22' LED-scherm
En dan werkt SSE nog niet fatsoenlijk :p

dodweb

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 12:03:01 »

First Greenpeace mission, the Vermaas lifeboat was far too "low". It was still in its cradle length and width wise compared to the ship, but it was almost touching the water, and most of it was hiding inside the hull with only its side poking out.

Second Greenpeace mission failed for me when I was supposed to take a picture of the oil leak. I had launched the RIB and was almost at the oil stain (which was very short, contrary to the mission reports). Moments after the RIB hits the oil stain, mission fails because I "got too close" to the VLCC and they spotted me. I found this a little strange, as not only was I already quite close with a huge bright green ship with enourmous A-masts and full sails of the bright white kind (how does THAT not show up on radar, even if noone is keeping visual lookout?), but I was following them closely in a bright orange, loud RIB. That shouldnt get past the crew near the mouth of a port like Rotterdam.. Now the reason I got so close with the RIB in the first place, was that I was trying to figure out how to take a picture of the oil slick. Print Screen didnt seem to do the trick, so I was looking around for my Canon PowerShot, its batteries and a memorycard.. doesent work well when also piloting said RIB. A little hint as to what button to push would have been nice.

svache

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 12:12:48 »

Ok, got some more.. some of these are bugs, some are just things I've noticed that might be worth changing..

- Whenever on the bridge, and steering with the mouse, the steering wheel always shoots back to the first position (experienced this in several ships), whereas it in the outside view mode is not a problem at all, there it just sticks as it should be (or would be preferred lol).
- In several sceneries, I noticed that often only from the fly-by, or outside, view we can see the coastline, but not from the bridge or walk-around mode, which is kind of odd as they should be clearly visible (especially when it is less then 1NM away with clear view.
- In a few missions, the ships are gone. I've seen some topics with the titles called 'ghost ships', I'm unsure if they mean this as I never read those topics, but I figured it would be worth mentioning here too. It is kind of odd to see, sometimes there is no ship, just a big hole in the water (for example when leaving Southampton in the 2 tourism mission, when you click on the Sherpa's, you dont see the ships, just where they apparently are, and same in the tourism mission after that, with the taxis, the Orient Star is gone but the lifeboats and such are flying in the air).
- Like I said above, with the water in the yacht, it looks similar (although less) with the taxi.. again the water appears to be coming in the boat whenever you make speed (the spray from the bow apparently).
- My last reward (Marseille postcard) was completely blank. Oddly enough, the postcars I've earned before, such as the R'dam postcard and another one, were also blank now, while I did see them before.
- I kind of miss the passengers in the taxi-missions. It would be nice to see them back, even though it is just static stuff, it still looked better than a completely empty taxi :)

Whenever I find more, I'll post again :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 12:16:49 by svache »

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 20:20:00 »

I cannot use my controls as I'm used to..I use a steering wheel and a Saitek X-52 Pro for throttle..
Both steering and throttle only respond when turned/pushed to the furthest, it's as if there is a huge "dead zone", both controls are not as sensitive as in SS2008..  This problem doesn't occur with the keyboard..

edit: I had forgotten to download the 1.1 update..The problem is fixed.. :thumbs:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 20:56:07 by saltydog »

MENX

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 20:43:28 »

Have gone from total madnes to more amused expectations.....
There is a lot of bugs and things to fix in the game...
Actually havent been able to finnish a singe mission....
Always some bug or unexpekted thing occuring!
Instead of cursing VSTEP, i will allow them the appropriate time to fix the bugs with patches...
Keep working VSTEP, once fixed, its going to be great!  :thumbs:

However, if not fixable, i will reclaim my "Sim-fee"  8)

Just ran aground in Port of Rotterdam!.... Suggest the charts need to be furnished!

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 20:44:57 »

Someones not been dredging the channel :doh: :doh:
Kind Regards,
Jack.

MENX

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 20:58:46 »

You can newer trust those dutch peopel!  ::)

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 20:59:21 »

Could be worse. You could be in Calais/France where they go on strike all the time! :lol:
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Offizier

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 22:01:32 »

Missing option to turn damage off in free roaming
Missing lifeboats or rib on the most vessels
A water step in Padstow
The Chart on the bridge is not refreshing when on Radar mode
No working radar on every Ship bridge
Missing bouys in every environment
No anchoring in the Port of Dover
:thumbs:Rettungsinseln finde ich Super !:thumbs:
              Liferafts are my Life!               
      Stolzer Besitzer ein Ship Console

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 22:10:10 »

The other's are fine, But what I am upset of right now, is the Multiplayer

All players keeps freezing in the middle of the map, leaving the players invisible in the map ((Desynced))
No Horns ?
And Server crashes
Chat is messed up.

Would love if SSE MP would have got a design which is pretty much the same they used in SS08

Gilligan

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 22:29:41 »

I wouldn't really call this a bug, but I can't stand it when the waypoint is located off the map. I zoom out all the way on the mini map and still can't see the next waypoint. Most of the time you're already pointed in the right direction, but i'm never sure i'm going the right way until I see that waypoint. I don't really know my way around these ports....yet.

Maybe include a smal arrow at the edge of the map pointing you to the next waypoint?

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 22:32:28 »

Here's a bug I just found: I can't assign keys to steer "rudder 1" (or is it rudder 2) of the Red Eagle..

« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 04:18:36 by saltydog »

Capt L.Henry

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 03:31:38 »

Rudder angle  Indicator in the pilot house would be nice! and maybe conroalabe engines like start up and shut down
Captain Lance Henry
Ferry Boat Deckhand
Crew Boat Deckhand/ Assitant captain
USS Potomac Docent/Deckhand

coryt415

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 03:35:00 »

Missions are very very buggy did anybody test these before launch?
Smoke is missing!! and no bouys!! put this water in ss08 and sell it for 60$ would have been better sorry to sound crappy but thats really the only better thing the water effects and bigger waves. the RHIBs reverse is backwards reverse throttle left turns you left..wrong!! the ships work correctly though soo many bugs missions are almost impossible..please patch soon

coryt415

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 03:36:52 »

oh yea controls dont work half the time they stick @ 0 rudder and throttle you have to goto a diffrent view for them to fix themselves

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 07:59:05 »

-wing bridge controls on Vermaas don't work..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines