Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 07:31:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: port of Amsterdam add-on  (Read 6085 times)

jantje

• Forum member
port of Amsterdam add-on
« on: August 31, 2007, 10:02:58 »

Good day to all!!!!

Does anybody know if there will be also an add-on with new ports?

Amsterdam for example.
This port will be a real challenge for entering because of the fort island and when passed
The line up for entering one of the locks. When you have succeed to pass the locks a channel voyage
will start towards the actual ports of Amsterdam. All entrances are tight and challanging.
A nail biting scenery I quess.

May-be I can be of some help in this. I’m working already for a couple of years as
A port agent in the port of Amsterdam. Due to this I have a good relationships with the port
Authorities, pilots, boatmen etc.

Will await the reply.

Kindest regards,

jan
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 10:12:23 by jantje »

Gertjan

Re: port of Amsterdam add-on
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 11:33:28 »

Yeah i want Amsterdam ingame also, would be nice to sail the cruiseships from the PTA to IJmuiden and (if included) the Hydrofoil from Velsen to the backside Amsterdam Central station.

Perhaps the NDSM Maritiem Kwartier could be included also in Amsterdam North then our ship could be put ingame http://www.mahu880.nl  :)

The ferry from AMS CS to AMS North, NDSM wharf, Houthaven, Distelweg is a nice trip.

Offcourse the Afrika and Amerika harbour to load coal, ore and containers etc.

Monkey sailor

• Forum member
Port of Finland
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 15:51:08 »

I want Finland's harbour. The main harbour is always full of big ferrys (Finnish ferrys; Viking Line and Silja Line + big ferrys from far away. There are of course much cool places, The old sea fortress "SuomenLinna". And a cool beach island, (Its cool to swim there because there are big waves by fast ferrys ;D ) there are too the zoo isle called " Suomenlinna" ,(Often called too: Högholmen)  and a big new bridge. I hope its coming to the game  ;D

Regards,
Monkey Sailor
Monkey Sailor :D

Hawk233

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 03:20:27 »

I would like to see the Pacific Northwest (USA). There are many tight places and very many small towns all over the puget sound. I live here and am an avid boater. The puget sound (uncluding Seattle) is just a buetiful (sorry for spelling) place. Just an idea though.

Hawk

KDS

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 06:56:14 »

Yeah i want Amsterdam ingame also, would be nice to sail the cruiseships from the PTA to IJmuiden and (if included) the Hydrofoil from Velsen to the backside Amsterdam Central station.

Perhaps the NDSM Maritiem Kwartier could be included also in Amsterdam North then our ship could be put ingame http://www.mahu880.nl  :)

The ferry from AMS CS to AMS North, NDSM wharf, Houthaven, Distelweg is a nice trip.

Offcourse the Afrika and Amerika harbour to load coal, ore and containers etc.

And if IJmuiden is added it can be a real Port for the Queen of Scandinavia (DFDS Seaways) once it is completed.

I think it's a great idea. :D
Best Regards
Kevin

Gertjan

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 08:17:36 »

Yep, could do some trips to Newcastle and or Kristiansand then  ;D

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 08:49:42 »

And if IJmuiden is added it can be a real Port for the Queen of Scandinavia (DFDS Seaways) once it is completed.

I think it's a great idea. :D

I think the ferry you are talking about has a change of name, because todays Queen of Scandinavia (former Fjord Norway I believe) is on the Newcastle-Stavanger-Bergen route.

Gertjan

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 10:03:53 »

The ferry from DFDS is the Prince of Scandinavia it goes from IJmuiden to Kristiansand.

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 13:42:55 »

hehe  :D You guys are really messing up the names and routes...  ;) But I have to admit, it isn't easy!

Here is a map showing the present DFDS Seaways routes:
http://www.dfds.dk/DSW/EN/Travelinformation/Routes/Index.htm

The routes that you mention are:

Newcastle - Ijmuiden
Served by King of Scandinavia and Princess of Norway (former Fjord Line ferry).

Newcastle - Stavanger - Haugesund - Bergen
Served by Queen of Scandinavia which used to served the Newcastle - Ijmuiden route until a few months ago.

Regards
groennegaard

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 14:11:03 »

Yes, this was really messed up, because I had problems with his statement that DFDS is operating from Kristiansand, as we can see they don't. I think that's a Color Line port only.

But at least I was right about the name, now I remember that the Princess of Norway (Fjord Norway when owned by Fjord Line) became too small for the Newcastle-Western Norway route and was replaced by the Queen of Scandinavia.

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 14:30:44 »

But at least I was right about the name, now I remember that the Princess of Norway (Fjord Norway when owned by Fjord Line) became too small for the Newcastle-Western Norway route and was replaced by the Queen of Scandinavia.

Oh the Princess wasn't too small - there isn't that many passengers on the Newcastle-Norway route. It was the other way around. The Princess has a greater capacity than the Queen so therefore DFDS switched the ferries. In addition to this they hope to get a sistership effect on the Newcaste-Ijmuiden route, as the Princess and the King are sisterships.

Regards
groennegaard

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 14:41:38 »

I have to arrest you there my Danish friend. The Queen was introduced because the number of vehicles was increased by 26%. The ferry is also loaded with passengers, specially the weekend sailing is popular.

Source: http://web3.aftenbladet.no/lokalt/article438967.ece

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 14:51:27 »

Don't trust journalists...  ;) Please read the comments below the article and you'll realize that I'm right...

Regards
groennegaard

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 15:09:07 »

That comment from Lars Østbø, who seems to be a DFDS employee, was interesting. Yes you are right if what he says is correct, then the newspaper article is nonsense. The Queen is smaller than the Princess when it comes to vehicle capacity, but she can handle more passengers...okay. I got no reason not to believe you :)

KDS

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 17:01:15 »

I think the ferry you are talking about has a change of name, because todays Queen of Scandinavia (former Fjord Norway I believe) is on the Newcastle-Stavanger-Bergen route.

No believe me I am an expert on DFDS.

IT IS THE QUEEN :D
Best Regards
Kevin

William Bensch

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 11:42:11 »

thumbs up for Ijmuiden and Amsterdam harbour in future.. open sea is near.  :D

Gertjan

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 08:14:41 »

I went on the Prince of Scandinavie to Kristiansand in 1995, so the changed the routes and ships these days

KDS

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 19:09:20 »

Yer they have changed alot since the past:

Newcastle- Esbjerg
Harwich- Cuxhaven
Newcastle- Gothenburg- Kristiansand
IJmuiden- Gothenburg- Kristiansand
IJmudien- Newcastle- Hamburg

And back on the point:

WE MUST HAVE IJMUIDEN!