Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 22:28:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

will it work on my computer

- 4 (100%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: will it work on my computer  (Read 3096 times)

andythelandy1234

• Forum member
will it work on my computer
« on: August 30, 2007, 21:03:46 »

I have read the the minimum system requirements for ship sim 2008 and they are slightly to high for my computer. But on other games i have they have been higher than my computer and they have worked perfectly. These are my specifications for my computer do you recon my computer will run ship sim or not?

Amd sempron(tm)processor 2600+ 1.60GHz
728mb ram
radeon9200 256mb

I'm sure the graphics card is good enough but i'm not sure about the processor.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
Re: will it work on my computer
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 21:11:03 »

Hiya :)

Your processor is fine, the 2600+ is performance rated at 2.6ghz.

You are slightly short on RAM/Memory and your graphics card seems very old (available on Amazon since 2001), although I'm not an ATI expert ;).

I believe you will have problems with that card and possibly your amount of RAM.

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 21:15:48 »

Hiya :)

Your processor is fine, the 2600+ is performance rated at 2.6ghz.

You are slightly short on RAM/Memory and your graphics card seems very old (available on Amazon since 2001), although I'm not an ATI expert ;).

I believe you will have problems with that card and possibly your amount of RAM.

Regards.

DJM.

Actually, the AMD model codes do not reflect the performance of the chip.
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

andythelandy1234

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 22:32:17 »

wow so my processors a 2.6GHz then why is it called a 1.60GHz

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 22:48:26 »

That's just the way they work apparently, I have a 3200 (2.01ghz), but it's performance rated at 3.2ghz :D

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 23:03:36 »

That's just the way they work apparently, I have a 3200 (2.01ghz), but it's performance rated at 3.2ghz :D

Regards.

DJM.

I'm sure that's not how it works. I have an AMD Athlon 3700+ Clawhammer but my CPU is rated at 2.5 (Overclocked a tiny bit).
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 23:09:25 »

I'm sure that's not how it works. I have an AMD Athlon 3700+ Clawhammer but my CPU is rated at 2.5 (Overclocked a tiny bit).

Here you go, check this site, it's very accurate ;)

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srl

It allows you to test your PC for a lot of current games, it also shows you the performance rating of your CPU :D

Regards.

DJM.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 23:13:54 »

Why not just use DXDIAG to view your CPU performance?  ??? :)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 23:15:53 »

Why not just use DXDIAG to view your CPU performance?  ??? :)

That only tells you CPU speed, not performance rating ;)

From the information I have seen, these are quite different ;)

I know mine runs a lot faster than 2.01ghz :D

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 23:18:11 »

That only tells you CPU speed, not performance rating ;)

From the information I have seen, these are quite different ;)

I know mine runs a lot faster than 2.01ghz :D

Ohh sorry, I misunderstood  :D

Ran a test for RCT3 Wild! and it more than passed  ;D

My pc is still not fast though - I want a crossfire system which means a whole new setup   :'( :-\

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 23:24:24 »

Ohh sorry, I misunderstood  :D

Ran a test for RCT3 Wild! and it more than passed  ;D

My pc is still not fast though - I want a crossfire system which means a whole new setup   :'( :-\

Ah, no need to apologise......I'm no expert and could be wrong ;)

A whole new setup....pass, can't afford to keep upgrading like that.  I wish the technology would slow down to be honest ::)

Regards.

DJM.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 23:28:58 »

Ah, no need to apologise......I'm no expert and could be wrong ;)

A whole new setup....pass, can't afford to keep upgrading like that.  I wish the technology would slow down to be honest ::)

Regards.

DJM.

I agree. It's a complete pain. I must admit I have an old AGP system which although it has served me well now needs to go. Can play fairly new games although I am finding I have to lower the settings more and more.

I worked out that a new system could reach the £400 mark but that is a complete new setup. I think for now I might just upgrade the mobo, RAM, graphics and HDD.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 23:34:36 »

Little by little is the way forward for most now, it's becoming too expensive to replace your full system every 2 years or so :-\

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 03:09:35 »

Little by little is the way forward for most now, it's becoming too expensive to replace your full system every 2 years or so :-\

Well the plan is to upgrade the HDD to SATA instead of IDE in the next couple of weeks. My system needs a reboot anyway. Then I guess it will be the big system change such as MOBO, RAM and graphics card.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines