Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 19:43:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with pre order  (Read 4335 times)

abbeyside

• Forum member
Trouble with pre order
« on: August 26, 2010, 22:16:43 »

I am trying to pre order and while filling in the forms ticked the box for terms and conditions but when I click continue it comes up in red that you have to check the box saying you read the terms and conditions. Anyone else get this happening?

seesint

• Forum member
Re: Trouble with pre order
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 23:29:46 »

Yes, I am experiencing the same thing.

I am also having difficulty in that I'd like to use my VISA, but the online ordering system only appears to accept a 1/2 dozen European banks.  As I live in the USA, my CC is not from a European bank.

I'm also getting the error message indicated in another thread titled "Someting wrong with v-step.s purcase page":

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,19835.0.html

I used the contact form to send information to V-Step, but that could take 3 days to get a response.  And the pre-order ends today I believe.  A real shame actually, as I was ordering this for my father, who just happens to be up in Dutch Harbor, Alaska, at the moment.  And the bonus vessel was a fishing trawler very much like the ones they use up there, so I thought he'd like that.

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 23:35:52 »

Yes that is a real shame, but not to worry as I believe it is possible to pre order through other selected sites and still get the fishing vessel, like...

Gamersgate
coolshop.co.uk
Gamesplanet
All the above you can get sigita, and you might be able to use your card.

Kind regards

Matthew

bsm2003

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 23:37:52 »

Make sure you have selected the $ sign at the top for US orders. other wise you will have problems.

Never get caught with your head in the head.

seesint

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 00:31:42 »

Make sure you have selected the $ sign at the top for US orders. other wise you will have problems.

That was already done.  No love.

Wipedout

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 00:57:18 »

my US based VISA worked when I preordered - I did get an email from them alerting me to my purchase since it was based in Holland

pepe3w

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 01:16:39 »

Same problem here witn checkbox terms and conditions.....
NO way, cant preorder.
Whant a same.

Jose

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 01:25:18 »

And what about the partners?

They should work ok, no? There are quite a few different ones.  :thumbs:

Like www.coolshop.co.uk
Payments: http://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/minisite/payment

Here is the game:
http://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/product/3024322-ship-simulator-extremes--pre-purchase--for-download
(Plus comes with the bonus content!)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 01:29:09 by Matthew Brown »

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 01:44:50 »

Hi guys,

Is this happening when trying to register a new account or when already logged in?

Regards,
Adam
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

seesint

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 02:26:58 »

Hi guys,

Is this happening when trying to register a new account or when already logged in?

Regards,
Adam

In my case, it was happening when already logged in.

Again, as far as CC purchase, I must say the online order form is rather confusing, as it appears to indicate you HAVE to specify one of those 6 banks (it doesn't even offer a default blank/empty option), with which clearly no one in the USA is going to have an account.

abbeyside

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 09:52:49 »

Its happening now when I try to purchase the released game so now I can't get one!!

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 11:38:55 »

I'll pass this onto the team and will get back to you. In the mean time I apologise for the issues on behalf of VSTEP :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

seesint

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 14:53:31 »

Just to follow up for anyone reading this thread.  I received email this morning around 6:AM EDT from ShipSim.com Support saying they had fixed the issue and removed the debug code, and would I try again.

I did around 9:AM EDT, and I was able to order Ship Sim 2010 Extremes using my American CC without any issue.  Unfortunately, as it's now release day, I've missed out on the extra content.  But for those who had this particular issue yesterday, please note you should be able to order today.

Kudos to the ShipSim folks for a quick response and resolution to the ordering system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines