Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 09:13:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New bow spray?  (Read 5738 times)

shamuboy

• Forum member
New bow spray?
« on: August 26, 2010, 20:32:19 »

In future patches or add ons of the game would you want the creators of the game to create more life like bow spray? Such of the ones they showed in the renders of the game instead of ones like they are in SS08. It's just a question because how realistic the game is with the waves coming off the ships bow makes me think that the bow spray should be more realistic. Do you agree?

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
Re: New bow spray?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 20:33:48 »

I'm sure that any small things will be fixed or changed in the upcoming patch, available for download on the Ship Sim website soon  :thumbs:

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 20:34:56 »

Hi shamuboy,

The early wakes/spray as can be seen in the promo material have been tuned down for performance.

During testing they proved to be too much, and that would have ruined it for many people who do not have really good computers. (and I mean top-end)

So, don't count on such a performance drain being re-introduced anytime soon. Afraid it won't be high priority.

Fred.

Sebe

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 21:23:48 »

Would be nice to see anti-aliasing in the game options menu, in SS2008 you need to force it on the gfx card options. The game looks alot better with 8xAA.  :2thumbs:

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 21:53:14 »

@Matthew Brown:
I'm sure that any small things will be fixed or changed in the upcoming patch, available for download on the Ship Sim website soon

I think that there will be a patch for SSE on the website some time after the release. After the release of SSE, some bugs will be discovered and fixed.

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 21:55:14 »

Yes hopefully  :thumbs: 

dday

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 17:16:57 »

.....Yes definitely. I much preferred the look of what we "were" getting. Besides I didn't just purchase A new £4k Alienware PC for them to downgrade it. I would like to suggest a patch be made available to put everything back up to maximum effect for those of us who do have high end PC's. Oh well, we can only wait and see. Happy Sailing ;D

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 17:20:52 »

Hi Dday,

Unfortunately not everyone has 4K to spend on a machine such as yours, I know I don't :(

Things were developed the way they were to allow everyone to play it, not just those with high sec machines :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 17:25:35 »

Note,

Even with your alienware pc, it might not have worked.  ;)

Early features are made and tested in a much more 'empty' game.

And as testing progresses and lots of features are added, even the best pc's that the testers used prove that certain things just won't go in the end. They just end up being too resource heavy, even for the best pc's.

And thus, need to be changed or tuned down. It's inevitable. And I've seen it with other games I've been part of somehow, aswell.

The maximum effect you get out of tweaking your graph card settings, with the game on full quality, is the best you're going to get, I am afraid.

Fred.

dday

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 17:35:05 »

Hi Captain Spencer

I appreciate that fact. All I'm saying is they could at least give us the option of patching it up to it's intended original state. It could of course been adjusted within the games graphic settings. My spec is admittedly an overkill for shipsim no matter how extreme it is, I'm just future proofing myself and intend this one to be here for another six years like my previous PC was/is, they get passed down to family members until they finally get thrown out the door. (The old PC that is, not the family memeber)...LOL  :lol: I'm going to enjoy it either way.....at least I would if the post was a little quicker  :)

Thanks for that Fred understood loud and clear (that's a first mind you)...lol

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 17:44:23 »

tech moves that fast these days that its impossible to future-proof (how i long for the days of the BBC computer)
and although i to would like the 3d wakes and such back, i'll play it with or without!
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 17:59:53 »

Well even with a patch the game would have still been unplayable for those with a system as high spec as yours, as Fred said.

Anyway, we must all enjoy the game, and you surely will with a system like that! ;D
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 18:02:52 »

thats very true cpatin spencer,
just out of question, what computers do vstep use?
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 18:04:21 »

Hi Danny,

Ones that cost many thousands of pounds/dollers/euros I would imagine!

Perhaps you could ask them yourself! :)

dday

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 18:20:05 »

;)....just an idea and the perfect solution  !:). How about we just move our PC's in front of a large clear glass window and get somebody to stand outside, everytime we hit a wave they turn the garden hose on. P:S make sure the window is closed though :doh: and for that authentic fishing boat atmosphere a plate of kippers ontop of the warm PC. happy Sailing !!

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 18:21:35 »

Hehe that's a good idea. Don't forget to order your salt packs though ;) ;D

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 18:35:15 »

Haha sounds good to me!  :thumbs: :doh:

dragongfx

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 18:53:07 »

Hehe that's a good idea. Don't forget to order your salt packs though ;) ;D

And you can ask if they will give you the blone girl to, Then you will forgott all about super computers in a few day,s

dday

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 19:03:05 »

And you can ask if they will give you the blone girl to, Then you will forgott all about super computers in a few day,s

Ummm....no not likely I may like "super computers" but she [the blonde girl] isn't going to take my mind of of things... :blush: let's just say I wonder if she has a brother and preferably in uniform...wink wink  ;)...LOL ....but that's a whole different post  ;D

dragongfx

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 19:06:21 »

LOL.

No more comments. :S
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines