Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 02:34:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harbor control for multiplayer in SSE  (Read 7597 times)

• Forum member
Harbor control for multiplayer in SSE
« on: August 23, 2010, 03:15:07 »

My idea is that you can be harbor control and see all the ships and guide them. :2thumbs: !:) ;D
My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

deltaecho

• Forum member
Re: Harbor control for multiplayer in SSE
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 04:45:45 »

good idea but i dont think it will be happening

mvsmith

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 07:24:04 »

It is hardly an original idea. The harbormaster role has been tried in SS 2008 MP.
I think 2000 should learn a little more before he pontificates a subjects that he barely understands.

Captain. Mitch

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 11:45:41 »

Hello.

I really like the idea.

It is so intersting, the situation was yesterday, there was about 10 players in Hamburg, so there was a mess, we were all riding big ships like Ocean Star, Pride Of Rotterdam, Vermas, Agile Solution and other so we need to be careful with speed, one player take the P6 harbour patrol, and he take the part of controling the port, so he was looking at everything and he told use where we need to slow down or to speed up, what is hepening in each part example he tolad as "Hamburg Harbour Patrol - There is a slow trafic in Ottensen, slow down the speed to max 6 kn." so it was kind a cool.

I would really like to have those situations in the Multiplayer of SSE, but with some new features...

Many kind regards.
Capt. Mitch

mvsmith

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 12:45:41 »

How well that will work in SSE depends upon lag, among other things. If the Harbormaster does not see the same picture as everyone else, he can make matters worse.
We will have to wait to see how well MP can handle many players with systems of varying capabilities.

Beyond that, the success of a “Harbormaster” server will depend upon the personalities of the players.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 12:49:45 by mvsmith »

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 12:51:39 »

It is just a rough idea.
This Game Is Epic

SirXpression

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 20:49:14 »

Rough Idea is one thing but surely the "search" function would be better suited instead of just randomly blurting out stuff that has already been discussed, at length, 3 or 4 or 5 times over!!

Common Sense ... I haz it  :P ::)

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 20:53:23 »

It is hardly an original idea. The harbormaster role has been tried in SS 2008 MP.
I think 2000 should learn a little more before he pontificates a subjects that he barely understands.

A bit harsh!

cptnchris

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 21:04:30 »

I dont think a "Harbour Control" gameplay "dealiobobber" is not neccisary, being a harbourmaster or pilot is good enough for guiding ships through the ports of SSE multiplayer, like we do on SS08, as you experianced the other day  :thumbs:

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 21:05:34 »

A bit harsh!
@ clanky:
So is the post prior to yours. And that from a forum member just signed on.
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 21:13:33 »

Indeed, I really can't see a need to be so aggressive towards someone over a slightly silly post / thread, especially if people are creating extra accounts just to do it.

SirXpression

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 21:32:16 »

@ Aad The Pirate

You're right I am a new forum member.  However, I did not and still do not see how it is harsh that I can, as I believe is advised on most forums, use the search functions yet this member can't.  As I said it is hardly a "rough idea" saying "I'd like to see harbour control" ... a rough idea is surely "I'd like to see harbour control in this form...like this and this with this that and that as part of the structure" that's a rough idea!  Am I just being stupid on this because I thought that a Rough Idea of something is actually stating what the idea would most likely entail and everything else.... Henry Ford didn't say to his investors "I have a Rough Idea ... I want to build a Car!" ... he said, probably "I have a rough idea for a motorised vehicle ... here are my sketches and this is how I think it will work, what do you think, barring in mind that this is a rough idea?"

@clanky

"especially if people are creating extra accounts just to do it"
I would be very careful with your accusations there.  I am here because I've just pre-ordered Ship Simulator Extremes.  I am not here just to pick on people and I most certainly didn't make this account to just pick on people ... no matter how idiotic.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 21:41:39 by SirXpression »

dodweb

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 21:52:27 »

I tend to agree with the new guy.. especially with the influx of new people we've had a whole host of rehashed topics taken up time and time again without any aparrent searching going on. It's not that long ago since the harbormaster role was being discussed here.

Also, the post by mvsmith might seem a little harsh at first sight, but he and other moderators have also in the past warned the OP about nonsensical, unresearched or poorly founded posts and I guess he is starting to get tired of it.

cptnchris

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 21:56:27 »

Also, the post by mvsmith might seem a little harsh at first sight, but he and other moderators have also in the past warned the OP about nonsensical, unresearched or poorly founded posts and I guess he is starting to get tired of it.

Makes sense. Maybe we just need to inform new members more about the search options. ???

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 23:58:33 »

It was just a idea! :'( >:(
This Game Is Epic

mvsmith

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 00:47:48 »

Makes sense. Maybe we just need to inform new members more about the search options. ???

Hi cptnchris,

We do make an effort to inform members of the search function and other things. That is one purpose of the bold blue topics at the head of many boards. Unfortunately, many never bother to read them. Perhaps a bold blue topic asking them to read the bold blue topics might help, but I doubt it. So, the mods find themselves writing the same things over and over.

There are topics on how to use search, in particular there is one on the Missions board giving detailed instructions on how to find help on a specific mission.
There are also explanations on how to find Help on using Search.

One problem is that people are often told to use the Search box on the upper right, which seldom produces good results. If they instead use Search on the left end of the top yellow bar (next to Help), they have a lot more control over the search.

Regards,
Marty

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 13:50:17 »

I would be very careful with your accusations there.

Why?

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 13:54:49 »

@clanky

"especially if people are creating extra accounts just to do it"
I would be very careful with your accusations there.  I am here because I've just pre-ordered Ship Simulator Extremes.  I am not here just to pick on people and I most certainly didn't make this account to just pick on people ... no matter how idiotic.

Well, actually.. you do have another account and you did made this new one as a secondary one..  I'd prefer it if you'd stick to one account though, mate. Is your old one no longer accessible to you due to, perhaps, your login details being lost? If so, I can help you with that, if you wish.

Fred.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines