Hello Guest April 16, 2024, 19:51:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freemode/Freeroam support vessels  (Read 1938 times)

Twistedlordi

• Forum member
Freemode/Freeroam support vessels
« on: August 22, 2010, 21:45:30 »

I was wondering what you guys think on this matter, do you think we will be able to launch the support craft such as the two on the Rainbow warrior III while not in a mission where it is required? I'm NOT talking lifeboats here but feel free to post a question in this topic about lifeboats if you want :)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: Freemode/Freeroam support vessels
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 21:50:46 »

I don't want to sound rude..

But.. it doesn't really matter what people think it will be like, since that does not change reality..

:)

Fred

dodweb

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 22:04:48 »

I think and absolutely hope (assume, even), that we will be able to launch the tenders/lifeboats, as well as using the fire monitors and whatever other new features SSE offers in "free roam". I spend almost all my time in SS freeroaming and would be very dissapointed if it turns out it is not possible. I see no reason to remove features from ships in free roam.

Im less sure about multiplayer as there appeared to be quite some lag issues with SS08 (never was on mp there), and adding even more stuff like tenders and waterspray would probably be a bad idea if they have not sorted those issues. If they HAVE sorted them, it would open up a whole new world of possibilities...

Captain. Mitch

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 22:33:39 »

Hello!

Well i'm also thinking & hopeing that these new features will be able in the free-roam!
Before some missions and also for first testings of the game i will probably use free-roam, in free-roam we can in piece test all the features, and new things, also we can check out new vessels/envirorments and theyr features, in the free-roam we are making our skills before real missions or multiplayer.
So i think new features are needed in free-roam to test our skills and to train for a while! So i hope there will be new features in free-roam.

And i am also thinking some of these new features will not be included in Multiplayer because of the lag, and problems with loading.

But they noticed some improvements in multiplayer, so maybe they remove problems and will be able to include new things!  :thumbs:

So i'l be positive! THERE IS ALWAYS A HOPE!  :2thumbs:

Many kind regards.
Capt. Mitch

Twistedlordi

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 02:59:24 »

lol thanks fred :P what i ment was do you think it will be or won't be, i don't want to ask "will it be" because i'm not going to get an answer before the game comes out (which questions why i put this post up in the first place :P ) but if i ask people what they think will happen after reading previous posts that i may not have seen, i can get a clear idea, hope this cleared things up for you :)

Back on topic, i will also probably freeroam first, and get a feel for the new (and some of the old and updated) vessels, and would like to try all the new features first, but i guess as i said above, we will all have to wait and see...

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 03:07:41 »

Hehe.. well I meant it in a nice way..   :lol:

And I still say though.. it will clear up nothing, really.. cause if 100 people think it will be possible.. then it only tells you what those 100 people think, not what is factually going to happen, since this particular thing has not been made public yet.  :)

But I understand where you're coming from.  :thumbs:

Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines