Hello Guest April 23, 2024, 16:37:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missions and multiplayer  (Read 8282 times)

Cougar_DK

• Forum member
Missions and multiplayer
« on: August 09, 2010, 20:43:42 »

Hi,

Been a long time lurker but this time I think I'm ready to take the boat and join the community and the new version of Ship Simulator  :)

I have googled a lot for the multiplayer capabilities of SSE but not really found anything besides the new coop that will be released along the way. So what was possible in the 08 version, since Extreme probably will add to it?
Was it possible to start a private server for a couple of friends?
Could you make you own scenarios for multiplayer, i.e. decide what kind of ships is available for the players?
Was there something to do in multiplayer?
Was there something missing from the single player experience in multiplayer? (Think of MS:FSX with great ATC in single player and none in multiplayer)

Thanks in advance.
Mark
"-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes"

cptnchris

• Forum member
Re: Missions and multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 20:47:38 »

Hi Mark! I can't help you there, But I just wanted to say welcome to the forums!

Dave M

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 21:11:16 »

Hi Mark,
*Welcome to the community*
I'm no expert on multiplayer in SS08 but...
You can set up your own server.
You can decide which vessels you want on it.
You can decide which environment you want.
There are no objectives but there are some very successful servers set up, Irish Jacks is one and here is a link to a topic he started recently about what they are doing in the run up to the release of SSex.
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,19441.0.html

Tore, (TJK), has a couple of servers running I think, (he has been busy lately so I don't know if they are still there).

Have a look around in 'Multiplayer' on the forum.

Regards, Dave
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

Cougar_DK

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 21:56:22 »

Thanks to you cptnchris and Dave  ;)

I will look around!
"-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes"

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 22:47:18 »

Ahoy Mark,
There will DEFINITIFLY a Multiplayer Option in SSE, So Order, recieve, Register and a lot of happy sailing.
Kind Regards
Aad the Pirate
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

Cougar_DK

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 08:06:27 »

Game is now pre-ordered from GamersGate  ;D

Kobus Post

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 13:01:45 »

you`d better pre-order it on VStep`s site,
if you pre-order there you will receive a bonus vessel and bonus missions
MacBook Pro Retina 15"

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 13:05:01 »

If you pre-order the boxed version will you get a extra vessel and missons.
My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

TJK

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 13:08:12 »

If you pre-order the boxed version will you get a extra vessel and missons.

yes if you bay it from www.shipsim.com

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 13:54:04 »

What? you dont get the fish vehicle with the download version? Ive been scammed??? :P

Cougar_DK

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 14:10:18 »

No worries, you get the same when pre-ordering from GG: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SSE/ship-simulator-extremes  ;D  :2thumbs:

TJK

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 14:37:25 »

Sorry to say Cougar_DK 
you only get the bonus fish boat and missions when bay it from www.shipsim.com, download or boxed version 

Cougar_DK

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 16:15:03 »

Sorry to say Cougar_DK 
you only get the bonus fish boat and missions when bay it from www.shipsim.com, download or boxed version 

Nope, not according to this and GG seldom lies:
Pre-order Ship Simulator Extremes and get a unique "Sigita" Fishing Trawler player vessel and six special bonus missions. Roam the oceans and sail into famous ports worldwide with your
fishing vessel and take on no less than six specially created bonus   missions for this vessel, adding to the simulation fun.

- Mission Descriptions
Business as (un)usual: Take the Sigita to respond to a distress call from a nearby yacht in trouble.
Changing Fishing grounds: Gather your crew and sail the Sigita to new fishing area.
A hot day: The Sigita runs into trouble during one of her fishing trips. Make sure you evacuate and then take control of the coast guard as you try to find crew in distress and try to put out the
fire on board the Sigita. First Fishing: During one of its voyages, the Sigita is called upon
to use all its horsepower and navigational skills to tow a colleague back to a nearby oil rig.
Meet and greet: Sail and manage several vessels at the same time as you try to berth them in a busy harbour. Unexpected Operation: Deliver spare parts for the Sigita's damaged sister ship and help the repairs in the midst of a very heavy storm. These should prove ample extra simulation fun and gameplay for pre-order customers...

Markus97

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 17:03:02 »

Nope, not according to this and GG seldom lies:

I think you've been scammed, unfortunately. You may ONLY get the extra missions and the boat if you pre-order from www.shipsim.com, alternatively www.shipsim.ie.

/Markus
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 17:10:17 by Markus97 »
Want to see "Ship Simulator"-videos and trailers in real full-HD? Click here!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 17:12:48 »

Pre-Orders include unique bonus content for pre-order customers.
Ship Simulator Extremes official pre-orders will start on monday, August 9th, 2010 through www.shipsim.com and other selected digital download platforms.

That should clear confusion a little bit. There ARE more places that offer the bonus material.

Vstep hasn't made it clear which these are, however. But there's no 'scam' I think.

Fred

Markus97

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 17:18:16 »

That should clear confusion a little bit. There ARE more places that offer the bonus material.

Vstep hasn't made it clear which these are, however. But there's no 'scam' I think.

Fred

No scam??

/Markus
Want to see "Ship Simulator"-videos and trailers in real full-HD? Click here!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 17:36:05 »

yes..  he's not being scammed as you suggested.

He just found one of the 'other' pre order sites where the bonus material is included. Or they wouldn't post that there, for obvious possible legal complications.  :thumbs:

Fred.

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 17:45:18 »

And don't overlook the FREE 250 BLUE COINS, (worth about € 0,19)  :evil:
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

dodweb

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 17:54:45 »

I've dealt with GamersGate in the past without any issues, it is (was) a good site. But the price at GG vs. the price here at ShipSim.com is pretty much the same, so why not buy it here and have it accessible together with future addons, Shipyard purchases and such?

deltaecho

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 18:29:20 »

Was there something missing from the single player experience in multiplayer? (Think of MS:FSX with great ATC in single player and none in multiplayer)

Thanks in advance.
Mark
other way around unless you havent played FSX in a while or if you dont have the deluxe edition because ATC is available online and is also far more fun than single player ATC

Cougar_DK

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 19:16:35 »

yes..  he's not being scammed as you suggested.

He just found one of the 'other' pre order sites where the bonus material is included. Or they wouldn't post that there, for obvious possible legal complications.  :thumbs:

Fred.

Yeah, no scam here. I just saw the poster you can download here: http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,19134.0.html Theres a Paradox logo and GamersGate is affiliated with them. So no worries.

And I just like GG, so I ordered it there. Just waiting for the 27th  ;)

deltaecho

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 19:18:34 »

we're all waiting my friend  :-\

Cougar_DK

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 20:30:48 »

we're all waiting my friend  :-\

Yeah, and you have 2008 so you can sail around  :P

There is no point for me buying the "old" version so close to release. I will go play some of the 50+ games I haven't really played  ;D

deltaecho

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 20:35:08 »

Yeah, and you have 2008 so you can sail around  :P

There is no point for me buying the "old" version so close to release. I will go play some of the 50+ games I haven't really played  ;D
no i dont have SS2008. only SS2006

Cougar_DK

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 20:58:06 »

no i dont have SS2008. only SS2006

Sorry  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines