Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 22:57:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FUTURE CUSTOM MISSIONS FOR SSE  (Read 1383 times)

metman

• Forum member
FUTURE CUSTOM MISSIONS FOR SSE
« on: August 09, 2010, 16:13:02 »

Now that the clock is well and truly counting down to the big day, no doubt there are people thumping the keys already to provide additional custom missions for SSE.  My request to them - and the CCM Team - is a simple one, can they please ensure that any new missions do NOT upset the dynamics of the default missions.

My reason for stating this point is that in recent posts on SS08 threads there have been a number of players complaining that this game will not start, queer happenings, cannot finish for whatever reason.  I have also experienced frustration when the mission doesn't do what it says on the tin!!  The most likely reason for missions failing being that new custom missions with changed vessel dynamics have affected the dynamics of the original mission(s) so that it fouls up!!

I have enormous respect for you guys who provide us with new missions, but a little extra checking would keep the frustration at bay!!

Metman

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: FUTURE CUSTOM MISSIONS FOR SSE
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 16:27:37 »

Hi Metman,

Just FYI, nothing in a custom mission can ever change the actual dynamics of the vessels or the oceansystem or any other 'hard coded' game feature, and hence cannot negatively affect any stock missions.

The only instances where things change, is with official game patches, or with externally made patches, like the superpacks.

These have been reported to have an affect on things, since clearly they change the actual ship behaviour of the ships in question, or the draft, and such..

But no custom mission can do that, they don't work like that and they are just scenario's that use the game content, not change it.

So you need not worry about that.  :thumbs:

Regards,
Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines