Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 15:11:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: store buy  (Read 6780 times)

bman0501

• Forum member
store buy
« on: August 02, 2010, 20:47:52 »

can you buy it at stores

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: store buy
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 20:51:12 »

No, because it isn't released.

bman0501

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 20:54:51 »

when it is released

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 20:56:26 »

Yes.

bman0501

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 22:50:54 »

what stores can you buy it at

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 23:19:02 »

Surely the best option would be to wait and see?

bman0501

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 03:15:48 »

well if stores dont sell it ill pre order

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 11:22:48 »

I'm sure a store nearby you will sell the game, but it would probably be easier and faster to order it from VStep.. :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 11:25:40 by saltydog »

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 14:22:37 »

Don't forget that with the Pre-order, you get a fishing vessel as well :thumbs:

*Only available by pre ordering from www.shipsim.com*
Almost never here, try here.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 16:35:47 »

Hi bman0501,

When Ship Sim 08 came out I found it hard to spot in the stores here. Although I already had it from ordering online, I was curious to see whether it was on the shelves. But I only found it in some places, and rarely at that. I saw the expansion pack a few times though (New Horizons). But i'll point out that I had no problems finding it online.

Ship Simulator Extremes seems to be much more hyped up though, and looks as though it's trying to reach out to a broader audience...so I reckon you may see it on more shelves than SS08 was. But that's just purely my opinion..

As the other guys pointed out, you'll get a bonus fishing vessel and missions, if you pre-order from the Ship Sim Site. So if I were you i'd just order it from there; rather than trying to look around in shops for it :)

Kind Regards,
Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 16:14:36 »

If I wasn't going to preorder, I would wait outside GAME at midnight with a SSE poster. But I bet I'll be the only one there. :P

metman

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 16:32:14 »

SS08 was very difficult to spot in the games shops in the UK although I have seen it in the 'pre-used' section of Game.  I think the reason that stores didn't stock it was because they didn't think they would get enough sales to justify doing so!!  This was stated by a manager of a Game shop that I know as they only sold a couple of copies of SS08!!  I recall I first saw SS08 reviewed in one of the major pc-gaming machine where they were not very impressed with it, the main comment being that playing it was 'like watching paint dry'.  The SS series of games is not a mainstream player and only has a niche market place I regret to say.  I recently asked number one son and heir whether he could ask around his gamer friends whether they would buy such a game and the their replies were variations along the theme 'you can't be serious'!!  I realise that this was only a very small straw poll but it does emphasise that SS only appeals to a small number of gamers and I use that term very loosely.  Like all SS enthusiasts I hope the SSE will be very successful otherwise it may well turn out to be the last one that VSTEP produce.  Luddite talk, no, just being realistic based on my marketing expertise, and I hope that I am wrong!!

metman

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 16:56:42 »

I think one big reason why people don't buy ship games, is because of this comment I once heard:

"Because ships are so slow"

That's why I think SSE is being marketed so much as an action game, to attract those people who want the fast, speedy, action style :)

I think I remember that review, it was moaning about doing a ferry run with Red Eagle saying how boring it was. Haha, what do you expect on a ferry crossing though? Captain Pugwash to leap on board? I bet some, if not a lot of the parts for their computer they typed that on were transported by ship in that way, so I don't know what they're moaning at :P

mvsmith

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 18:02:16 »

Hi SA,

I wonder how many campaigners for DCITSE will make more than one crossing in POR.

After two transits of the Pacific and Indian oceans, I’m convinced that the main reason seamen turn to painting the ship is to provide entertainment in watching it dry.

Seriously, on an oceanographic research vessel there are good alternatives for making the time pass. However I can understand if players find even 20 nm between events boring without the many details of navigation absent from the sim.

Regards,
Marty
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 18:04:31 by mvsmith »

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 18:06:48 »

I think people will get bored quite quickly with Dover/Calais...well...the crossing anyway. Even the 'real' simmers I think. If i'm honest Dover/Calais doesn't really interest me, as I like environments like Marseille that I can operate in and get around quickly :-\
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 18:39:10 »

You might be right, J4ck. But you still can sail in Dover/Calais Multiplayer environnment, and stay around one of the two harbours, while the most brave player cross the whole thing !  :)

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 18:45:42 »

True enough! I can always 'hang around' in one or the other ;D

Although I think Marseille will always be my favourite :)
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 18:46:06 »

I think people will get bored quite quickly with Dover/Calais...well...the crossing anyway. Even the 'real' simmers I think. If i'm honest Dover/Calais doesn't really interest me, as I like environments like Marseille that I can operate in and get around quickly :-\

I tthink Sydney would be a very good competitor. Same like Marseille - You don't have to travel that much, like you have to do in San Francisco and Dover strait.
It's the crew that makes the difference

mvsmith

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 19:03:04 »

I think we might see a DACISE campaign for Dover and Calais in Separate Environments. That way one could leave Dover harbor and jump to a place near Calais harbor.
That would give Stu a new purpose.

In the mission editor it will probably be possible to teleport across the dull part.

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 19:27:50 »

Well the whole crossing would be a lot better with an Incat

Faster crossing times.. Very good vessels.. What more would you want?

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 01:13:05 »

SR-N4  :doh:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines