Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 04:55:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: -Less activity notice-  (Read 1097 times)

Firestar

• Forum member
-Less activity notice-
« on: August 02, 2010, 01:14:52 »

Hey everyone.. sorry for the inactivity.. I've been trying to get on when I can but it's hard.

My computer is acting up like crazy.. not the computer necessarily but I need a better hard drive and I honestly don't feel like going out and getting one. I'm probably going to try setting up a temporary makeshift PC tomorrow out of some older parts, but it's not going to be a super machine.

Then I'm selling my computer (the powerful one I just built) so that I can buy a Korg Triton music workstation, and after that with the money left over, rebuild another computer. This next one should have a better hard drive.. :P

:D

Thanks for your patience, everyone.

gibby12

• Forum member
Re: -Less activity notice-
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 02:52:55 »

ya that key bored looks AWSOME!!!! :P

Ralphy

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 15:03:36 »

but didn't it take like a year of planning and making? you've only had it for a few months

Firestar

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 17:29:20 »

Hi everyone, it seems I summoned the energy to get everything in the same working condition. The computer is fine now (and I added a floppy disk drive.. so useless but it looks nice :P)
but didn't it take like a year of planning and making? you've only had it for a few months
Well, it only took 4 hours to build.. and the planning wasn't very long at all, the reason I kept changing parts wasn't because I wasn't sure, it was because Newegg kept taking certain parts off of the website and I had to find something else for it. What took long, Ralphy, is getting the money for it all. But, if I spent ~500 on this computer and I'm selling it for 800-1000 and I already have around 150 saved up for other things than I can just rebuild a computer the suites my current needs better with the money left over. (Current needs meaning better sound cards that support direct MIDI connectivity to my computer and deliver better, clearer sound, SmartMedia support, floppy support.. the kind of cards you'll find inside a Korg Triton.. more like a studio computer but not quite the same, and don't worry, it'll still have a nice powerful graphics card).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 17:31:39 by Firestar »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines