Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 11:49:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

do you think SSE should have the deadliest catch ships in it, or on a addon

yeah they should
dont know
never heard of Deadliest catch
probly not
no thats a dumb Idea

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: the deadliest catch ships  (Read 17539 times)

jakanddexter

• Forum member
the deadliest catch ships
« on: June 25, 2010, 20:09:42 »

I think we should have the deadliest catch ships on SSE
I like boats.

Nathan|C

Re: the deadliest catch ships
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 20:12:22 »

Sjoerd92

• Forum member

Pride of Dover

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 20:58:54 »

if they can do that all on xbox, why cant VSTEP do a ship sim for xbox/PS3?

Keeping her name flying high...........

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 21:12:30 »

Looks like it has a pretty "Exciting" & "Interesting" storyline to it  :doh: :doh: :lol: ;D

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 21:14:17 »

I guess the guy who came up with that isn't gay..

mcmillan8

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 22:16:20 »

I guess the guy who came up with that isn't gay..
i beg your pardon?... :o

what was that word needed?

and with help of Matthew Brown...
ciao monte la aus!

jakanddexter

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 23:31:30 »

he didnt say any thing bad He said who ever came up with the Idea (isnt) Gay
I like boats.

dodweb

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 23:56:28 »

While not neccesarily the Deadliest Catch ships, it would be cool if the gameworld and ships at some point would support less obviously scripted and more dynamic gameplay, as in, you could use the fishing vessel(s) to go fish, ferries could open the doors and cars and people would drive in/out, tankers/freighters could get loaded/unloaded and displacement would adjust.

I've spent some time in Farming Simulator, and the latest edition is quite nice. That game is all about the player and theres no missions outside of challenges/tutorials. You make your own fields by plowing ground, seed, fertilize and harvest. Deliver harvest to various places depending on current price. Or the old 18 Wheels of Steel series, where game content also was created "on the go", the player had a truck and would decide which trailer to pull from where to where, depending on distance, time to deliver and content (some stuff could be more easily damaged than others).

Content like that would increase playtime a lot for many players who might not want to imagine all of it all the time, cannot or will not create it as a mission every time or doesent find enough custom missions after some time of playing. Other than the altering of displacement and behaviour models for ships based on cargo onboard, it should not take a lot of extra coding to implement something like that. I would not mind paying to get it as an expansion.

Imagine, youre in harbor piloting a pusher boat, you pull up your netbook/laptop (menu), see a list of possible jobs (generated by the game, random number of barges from random spot (preselected as possible barge spawn/delivery spot) to random (same kind) spot. Time limit (fitting to the job, depening on difficulty) and maximum damage rating before mission ends/fails. Reward, if needed, could be points based on speed/time and damage. Or, if more work was put into it, ingame money so one could buy fuel and upgrade (to better) ships. Port of Callish. But thats taking it a bit outside the game scope I guess. I must say it made Flight Simulator series more appealing in the long run when the thirdparty addons for passenger/freight pilot came out.

Sorry for semijacking the thread, I've thought about it before and now it just jumped out. On topic, it might be that the whole Deadliest Catch media circus would want the added exposure of being featured in this game, but to be honest I think they would rather charge a premium for vstep to use their ships. Might also not be possible due to contractual issues with the already mentioned Deadliest Catch game. Greenpeace (whom already have an interest in SSE) might also dislike it? I'm not sure how they feel about fishing other sealife than whales.

jakanddexter

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 00:02:48 »

hey I have farming simulator to and you can do anything like you said and your probly right about the deadliest catch game they wont let them put the ships in the game with out a good wad of cash
I like boats.

gibby12

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 00:04:53 »

if they can do that all on xbox, why cant VSTEP do a ship sim for xbox/PS3?

For real man thats true  :thumbs:

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 10:19:17 »

It could get a bit tiresome holding down the x button on a 45 minute ferry journey to and from the Isle Of wight though surely  :doh: ;D

And what you said dodweb, sounds like a good idea, I don't recall what it was called, but an addon you could buy for microsoft flight simulator  made everything in the cockpit useable for the player! From really important things to simply adjusting your seat, moving the wind screen-wipers, winding down the window, opening the coffee holder  :doh:   That would be pretty cool as an addon for SSE!  Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/captainsimcom
Their youtube channel, watch all the videos and you will see what I mean! Lol.
I'm sure this has already been discussed somewhere before, but it would be nice to have passengers walking about the ship, cars driving on etc.  Like when I dock at Hamburg for example the imagination starts from the moment I dock...   *passenger door opens, crew push out gangplank, all passengers disembark* then I thought of the problem if that did really happen, and the passengers got of, how would they get back on?!
By simply sounding the horn and you would see them all walking up to the ship!!  :doh: :2thumbs:

What would be quite nice is to have a control panel in all the bridges, with say, 10 buttons.
And each button, the player can assign a piece of audio from their computer.  Like I could assign muster drill information I found on youtube,  General PA announcements, like the captain saying soemthing about the departure or something! Instead of having to minimize questviewer and playing the track and going back onto the game.

Hehehe!

Kind Regards

Matthew

EDIT: Watch this video!! http://www.youtube.com/user/captainsimcom#p/u/13/vGMARFoziTA
It shows what I mean by being able to move things!

If they sold something like that for SSE I would be the first one to buy it!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 10:28:05 by Matthew Brown »

larsdehaan

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 10:40:43 »

the company what made deadliest  catch alaskan storm is no more and i think there are a few captains who would agree with their ships in sse discovery channel doesn't own them they just film

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 10:55:54 »

No but there is a new developer bringing out another game called Deadliest Catch: Seas Of Chaos for the PS3/Xbox 360  and pc. They were at the E3 convention

jakanddexter

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 15:44:32 »

the company what made deadliest  catch alaskan storm is no more and i think there are a few captains who would agree with their ships in sse discovery channel doesn't own them they just film

YEah discovery pays them to be filmed
I like boats.

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 11:09:50 »

Why do you want the deadliest catch ships in the game?
And not just one ship?

Something the game needs is variation, wich is verry good at the moment.
Adding 10 of the same ships is a lot of developing time lost in my eyes.
Just like the growing requests for ferries and cruiseships.

jakanddexter

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 14:07:58 »

yeah the ships i want the most is time bandit and the northwestern :D
I like boats.

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 14:09:05 »

also it's not about if the ship has been filmed, is very famous. It's the capabilities and sort of vessel that matters.

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

jakanddexter

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 14:14:14 »

also it's not about if the ship has been filmed, is very famous. It's the capabilities and sort of vessel that matters.

Yes I know that :evil:
I like boats.

larsdehaan

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 14:17:49 »

the cornelia marie as a memorial for capt phil :'(

jakanddexter

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 16:06:15 »

yeah I agree but if they put it in SSE they should have it be a unlockable ship cuz its a ship of a great captain :captain:

Phil was a good captain and all that so yeah thumbs up for you phil :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :thumbs: :2thumbs:
I like boats.

Pride of Dover

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 17:58:47 »

It could get a bit tiresome holding down the x button on a 45 minute ferry journey to and from the Isle Of wight though surely  :doh: ;D

And what you said dodweb, sounds like a good idea, I don't recall what it was called, but an addon you could buy for microsoft flight simulator  made everything in the cockpit useable for the player! From really important things to simply adjusting your seat, moving the wind screen-wipers, winding down the window, opening the coffee holder  :doh:   That would be pretty cool as an addon for SSE!  Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/captainsimcom
Their youtube channel, watch all the videos and you will see what I mean! Lol.
I'm sure this has already been discussed somewhere before, but it would be nice to have passengers walking about the ship, cars driving on etc.  Like when I dock at Hamburg for example the imagination starts from the moment I dock...   *passenger door opens, crew push out gangplank, all passengers disembark* then I thought of the problem if that did really happen, and the passengers got of, how would they get back on?!
By simply sounding the horn and you would see them all walking up to the ship!!  :doh: :2thumbs:

What would be quite nice is to have a control panel in all the bridges, with say, 10 buttons.
And each button, the player can assign a piece of audio from their computer.  Like I could assign muster drill information I found on youtube,  General PA announcements, like the captain saying soemthing about the departure or something! Instead of having to minimize questviewer and playing the track and going back onto the game.

Hehehe!

Kind Regards

Matthew

EDIT: Watch this video!! http://www.youtube.com/user/captainsimcom#p/u/13/vGMARFoziTA
It shows what I mean by being able to move things!

If they sold something like that for SSE I would be the first one to buy it!

Maybe stuff like that in SSe could be used for Stern doors  for the POR and the doors open on the Red Eagle

Keeping her name flying high...........

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 18:02:03 »

Yes! Exactly my point! lol  :thumbs:

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 10:34:05 »

he didnt say any thing bad He said who ever came up with the Idea (isnt) Gay

Since when is being gay a bad thing to say?
People are overreacting
If it sinks, you need to fix it ;)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines