Hello Guest September 29, 2024, 08:28:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: SS08 Titanic  (Read 17184 times)

mcivcik

• Forum member
Re: SS08 Titanic
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 22:31:10 »

heyyy i cant see TITANIC'S lights on the windows in Nigt!
!

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 22:36:42 »

heyyy i cant see TITANIC'S lights on the windows in Nigt!
!

That is because the window lights aren't made yet and they will not be in the v1.1 update either...  ;) But the lights might come in a later version.

Regards
groennegaard

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2007, 23:05:46 »

That is because the window lights aren't made yet and they will not be in the v1.1 update either...  ;) But the lights might come in a later version.

Regards
groennegaard

Pity, she would look fabulous all lit up. As long as VSTEP manage to do it at some point  :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 00:57:17 »

that would be cool.

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 06:14:43 »

If anybody does not mind if i bring up a little subject to this matter. After putting on the patch that allows ships to sink and also adds the two new ships, on the Titanic my horn is busted, in another words i cannot hear it. Now im just wondering has anyone else have a similar problem? ???

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Fred 12

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2008, 02:03:10 »

What do you mean the decks look more real?

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2008, 08:45:57 »

If you are going to bump an old thread and refer to a post made more than a page ago, please make sure you quote the person you are asking a question to and that it's worth bumping in the first place.

I would think by more real.. he meant..  more real...  better than before... closer to reality.. nicer.. prettier..  etc.

Regards,
Fred

oly

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2008, 19:26:33 »

There's something I'd like to know about that flag...

I noticed that it's not always flying/raised. Why? How Do I get it to show up? When does it show up?
The flag always shows up on the Red Jet 4, but not the Titanic  :o

It's on the ship here...

But it's not raised here...

I'm also wondering when they will put the "Titanic, Liverpool" marking under the fantail  :D
Like This, I Did It Myself.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 19:28:45 by oly »
Schips are my life,they rock!!
Shipsim 2008 Rules !!
Goossens Oly.

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2008, 02:27:41 »

how did you do that? did you copy my technique?

oly

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2008, 01:45:06 »

how did you do that? did you copy my technique?

No I Used the Microsoft paint program  :P :P

In The Game Itself that name does not appear,
does it with your technique or not,
i would like to know???

(by the way whats your technique?)

friendly greetings Goossens Oly
Schips are my life,they rock!!
Shipsim 2008 Rules !!
Goossens Oly.

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2008, 01:50:30 »

No I Used the Microsoft paint program  :P :P

In The Game Itself that name does not appear,
does it with your technique or not,
i would like to know???

(by the way whats your technique?)

friendly greetings Goossens Oly
i mean putting out the anchors and switching areas in free roam.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2008, 04:47:27 »

does anyone think the titanic in ship sim 08 is better than ship sm 06 ???

SS08 Titanic has showed a spectacular improvement from the SS06 one, but however.I have provided a vide below to show everybody that SS08 titanic is missing,well not missing but when you looks at it from the outside and you switch to the controls, like every ship it has the modern throttle, so WHY doesn't the SS08 titanic has a telegraph instead of a moder throttle while viewing the controls  ???

So here is what i mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVw0t08gOMc&feature=related you can see that at 2 min and 20 sec during the movie also are 2  screen shots to support my answer.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 04:56:45 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

mvsmith

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2008, 04:21:03 »

The external engine controls were changed in 2008 to make it easier for players to operate the ship. The need to flip the controls in 2006 was confusing for some, and awkward for those who wanted to use the mouse to control the engines individually.
Marty

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2008, 07:46:27 »

If anybody does not mind if i bring up a little subject to this matter. After putting on the patch that allows ships to sink and also adds the two new ships, on the Titanic my horn is busted, in another words i cannot hear it. Now im just wondering has anyone else have a similar problem? ???

Great news its fixed now also here's a great listen to the one found in her wreck  :).

http://members.tripod.com/~MaryJanesTitanic/whistle1.wav Dead link aperantly something happened to the website  :-X
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 08:53:06 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2008, 07:47:58 »

The external engine controls were changed in 2008 to make it easier for players to operate the ship. The need to flip the controls in 2006 was confusing for some, and awkward for those who wanted to use the mouse to control the engines individually.
Marty

Hmm....i see, i don't know why but im kind of still against the idea of it.I know it can get a little confusing but, if you think about it it kind of ruins the ship a little bit, because i mean imagine Titanic  with 21 Century Controls, the way i imagine it was the whole thing was original, even the External controls too, so it will make it more of a realistic simulation to operate her, adds a challenge to this ship to see who can can manage to sail the RMS Titanic with her original controls just the way she was and who still needs more sea training ;).And sure still leave the mouse to control the engines, nothing wrong with that :).

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

mvsmith

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2008, 09:24:25 »

Third Mate,
You have fixated on perhaps the least important of Titanic’s controls. The planned use for Titanic was for her to spend almost all of her time at sea with the engines at full ahead.
The engine controls were actually irrelevant in the final minute of her life. Although Murdoch’s actions are questionable on theoretical grounds, nothing could have been done with the engines that would have changed the outcome.

In the 40 seconds from the time the berg was sighted, the engines were not capable of significantly reducing her speed. There was no way for her to avoid collision because the steam-operated steering engine required 30 seconds to put the rudder hard over. Even if her bow had cleared the berg, a port around would have required another 60 seconds to move the rudder to the starboard hard stop.

The first four hours of the T2 mission are run at a constant ahead full. How is realism enhanced by having an engine room telegraph floating in the air behind the ship?
If you want to control the engines with a proper telegraph, you can use the one at the port end of the maneuvering bridge.
Marty

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2008, 10:32:19 »

mvsmith,

you make a good point indeed :), and awfully tragic information to :-\,sometimes wish i could go back in time (April 13, 1912 at 11.00 am as a Chief officer in nice uniform and walking the decks of a legendary ocean liner,feeling the fresh sea air and being at the helm of the Titanic) to change to way of the future and to sail on the Royal Mail Steamer ::).Well, i guess your right, but i wonder what other members think of the idea?

http://208.53.158.138/soundtracks/homeworld-soundtrack-redbook-/xorsbhkcfk/02-adagio-for-strings.mp3

Oh yeah, i found some music,feel free to listen to it, quite gentle and peaceful, il you are thinking of relaxing a bit eh?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 10:47:47 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Person264

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2008, 16:31:24 »

Third Mate,
You have fixated on perhaps the least important of Titanic’s controls. The planned use for Titanic was for her to spend almost all of her time at sea with the engines at full ahead.
The engine controls were actually irrelevant in the final minute of her life. Although Murdoch’s actions are questionable on theoretical grounds, nothing could have been done with the engines that would have changed the outcome.

In the 40 seconds from the time the berg was sighted, the engines were not capable of significantly reducing her speed. There was no way for her to avoid collision because the steam-operated steering engine required 30 seconds to put the rudder hard over.

I heard somewhere that you weren't supposed to steer away from an iceberg, just go straight ahead so as not to make a big hole down the side, like you go head first into a wave, I may be wrong.

mvsmith

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2008, 17:07:05 »

Bruce Ismay floated that theory just after the disaster. Others with little understanding of physics have picked it up. The idea was that by taking the hit on the bow, only the first two or three compartments would have been compromised, and she would have remained afloat.
To have stopped the ship short of crumpling the fourth compartment would have required a deceleration—G force—that would have sent tableware and people against bulkheads with considerable damage to both.
The ship would most likely have gone down from the buckling of the plates on the other compartments, and the mess caused by her reciprocating engines travelling forward.
Marty

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2008, 21:09:47 »

Hehe I like Adagio for strings. I have the full version and a trance version. Very good song :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

phil ciborowski

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2008, 02:31:00 »

my biggest gripe for the titanic in the program is that the detail vanishes as you get further away... With the level of detail in the surrounding world, this shouldnt be at all..

but the ship is an amazing representation- better than we had in the past in games like Titanic- an adventure out of time.
Computer Specs :  Intel i5@3.8GHz, 16GB of Corsair Vengence DDR3RAM, nVidia GTX 660 Ti, 2 (2)1TB Hard Drives,48X Combo and 16X DVD+/-RW drives. Win7 64, on 32" HDTV

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2008, 03:09:09 »

Phil,

The reason the details appear to reduce as you zoom out is so that lower end pc's can handle ship sim a lot easier. If all details we shown all of the time you would be running the game at about 4-5 FPS. You have to take these kinds of things into consideration when developing a game such as Ship Simulator 08.

Regards,
Adam

phil ciborowski

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2008, 05:19:12 »

Im aware of that consideration, but it should be in the graphic options, how far away you see the ship detail.

Its not a major distraction but it is just something that  bothers me about this ship especially because of all the detail in it.
Computer Specs :  Intel i5@3.8GHz, 16GB of Corsair Vengence DDR3RAM, nVidia GTX 660 Ti, 2 (2)1TB Hard Drives,48X Combo and 16X DVD+/-RW drives. Win7 64, on 32" HDTV

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2008, 09:27:41 »

Hehe I like Adagio for strings. I have the full version and a trance version. Very good song :)

wow the whole thing, it must sound awsum  :)

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2008, 14:03:00 »

wow the whole thing, it must sound awsum  :)

Which one? Classical or trance version? I must admit, when DJ Tiesto did it live it sounded awesome! There's also a faster version than the trance one, but that probably a little too fast :)

Not for me though, I like fast trance ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines